Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

Tammy had a full-time job in a public elementary school where she routinely interacted with children and their families. She was a member of a ward where she was very active. Some of the families at her school or in her ward would have older children who attend BYUI; some of the parents she interacted with a work or church might be professors there. Tammy wasn't invisible, and I just don't see how Chad could think that he couldn't possibly be recognized if he was holding hands with some not-his-wife woman while he was on campus at BYUI.

If you're LDS, you'd have to be kookoo to think you can walk onto any campus of BYU and think "I am totally invisible, nobody here could possibly know who I am." If I wanted to be invisible, a campus of BYU is about the last place I'd go. :D (Not sure I have ever been on campus at BYU since my student days and not run into an old friend, a friend's child, one of my cousin's kids, somebody I knew. It is super common.) And only ONE person would have needed to see Lori and Chad's behavior, only ONE person would have needed to know that Lori wasn't Tammy....I just think there were plenty of people who knew them both who could have been that one person.

Mystery22, Colorado303, jash and 13 others like this.

2. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

You mean he came across as UNconfident at times.

So who wore the pants in this relationship? One minute we're hearing Lori was doing everything Chad asked of her. The next minute we're learning Chad let Lori do all the talking and seemed unconfident.

3. Riverdoc

Riverdoc Well-Known Member

I agree, moo. I think this is about a slippery slope, on MGs part, and where it finally clearly crossed a line in the sand was when she was requested to ‘bear false witness’. That finally gave her a clear sign that this isn’t of God. I imagine she has spent a lot of time since then examining her own path to figure out where it went astray and the anchor she found was measuring whether or not the doctrine was enhancing her family commitments, encouraging humility, and encouraging transparency. She alludes that part of the slippery slope was the allure of being ‘spiritual celebrity’ . It was this that crossed a line for April of Hawaii. I believe part of MGs motivation is to try to save the souls of the others, probably many others, that took the spiritual vanity bait.

4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Thanks to NHS, EMS, Police, Military.♡

Homicide CV, 3 suspicious deaths JR, AxC and TD, and the 2 attempted murders are BB and TD probably. MOO.

Nurse Gen likes this.
  5. FindingJoLee

Didn't need to be said twice....:p

6. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

see points 40 and 41 in the attached affidavit of probable cause. I'm not sure of the source for the information that Lori said Tylee was deceased.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR33-20-0302/Affidavit of Probable Cause.pdf

7. Rush4087

Rush4087 Well-Known Member

To me it's obvious from both parts 1 & 2 that MG is still drinking the Kool Aid.

From Part 1: "I think it's fair to Charles and JJ and Tammy and Tylee that somebody is standing up for what happened to them."

You think it's "fair"? How very kind of you.

It's as if she's defending herself against criticism she might receive in the future from Chad and Lori

IMO, in Part 2 she gives the impression that everything would've been just fine (and nobody would have died?) if it hadn't been for that doctrine about multiple probation. She's now willing to admit that was dangerous doctrine. What about when all of this was going on - including when she was contacted by the police? No problem with the dangerous doctrine while on that late-returned phone call. IMO, in that instance she lied by omission.

Then after basically admitting that it was CD and LVD's dangerous doctrine that got people killed, she says "despite everything that's happened, she still loves Chad and Lori"

If that's the case, then I suggest that she still perhaps doesn't truly understand "everything that's happened"

And it sure is comforting to know that "she does feel sorrow"

8. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Still water runs deep. ;) jmo

9. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Regarding MG, I need to say this.

I was raised in a "holy rolling" denomination. It's very easy if you aren't mature in your faith and discernment to get swayed by every wild "new thing" that comes along.

I think MG had a lot to learn after her Chad and Lori experience. She was easily swayed. Yeah, I tend to defend her. Jmo

DogMom146, Colorado303, jash and 14 others like this.
  10. tresir2012

Just reposting the links to Parts 1 and 2 transcripts.

I want to emphasize this from Part 1 as it states MG has been helping LE since November and spoke with investigators several times. I have only seen the importance of this paragraph just now.

"Gibb has been working with police since November, regularly speaks with investigators and does not have an attorney. She says she does not need one because she is telling the truth, and “God is on my side.” "

Part 1: Melanie Gibb describes Chad and Lori Daybells' religious beliefs and her relationship with the couple | East Idaho News

This section I am copying below makes it clear the temple visits and sealing were in Arizona when CV was still alive.

"Gibb never saw Charles lose his temper but says he and Lori often argued. She confided in Gibb that they were having marital problems, and there was a lot of contention.

“He was trying to do things to help her and please her, and she seemed like she was struggling to be happy by that,” Gibb says. “She seemed a little frustrated with him. They had something going on that I didn’t quite understand.”

Later, Gibb met Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, and her niece, Melani Boudreaux (now Pawlowski), at the same home. Everyone got along, and Gibb describes them as a group of good friends.

“It was fun and enjoyable. Alex was fun. He was a comedian kind of guy. We talked about all kinds of stuff – sometimes spiritual stuff, sometimes nonspiritual stuff. In the beginning, it was just more casual,” Gibb says. “(Melani) was fun. I really love Melani. … She seemed that she had a lot of strife going on in her life, and she was really worried about her family.”

RELATED | Melani Pawlowski speaks about her childhood, family deaths and her sudden Las Vegas wedding

The group didn’t get together often but remained close as Chad continued to share his unusual teachings.

Doubting the beliefs
    Lori eventually stopped going to church but would attend the temple as often as she could. It was her favorite place, according to Gibb, and even though she was still married to Charles, and Chad was married to Tammy, they went together.

One day, Lori told Gibb she was sealed to Chad.

Latter-day Saints believe relationships continue after death for a husband and wife who are sealed in the temple. Sealings are performed by officiators in the temple and are recorded in church records. People cannot be sealed to a second spouse if they are legally married to a living person already.

“(Lori said) they felt they were sealed by those on the other side of the veil that had the authority to do that,” Gibb says. “She said it was OK they did this because they had been married so many times before, that their (current) spouses would understand someday.” "

Part 2: Melanie Gibb describes zombies, JJ's disappearance and the 'fatal attraction' between Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

I am copying below the section in Part 2 that mentioned Sept 19th as there has been some questions about that.

"Melanie Gibb visits Rexburg
    Lori moved into a townhouse in Rexburg with her two children, Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan, the first week of September. Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, arrived a few days later and rented a different townhouse in the same complex. Gibb visited Sept. 19 and remembers walking around the Brigham Young University-Idaho campus and indoor track with Lori and Chad, who were holding hands and kissing.

“I said, ‘Aren’t you worried that people are going to see you?’ She says, ‘Well, Tammy doesn’t come out a lot.’ … They said a lot of people that knew Chad didn’t know what Tammy looked like because they didn’t do a lot of things together,” Gibb says.

During their walk, Alex babysat JJ at home, but Tylee was not there, and Lori never mentioned her. Weeks earlier, Gibb had spoken to Lori on the phone after she moved to Rexburg and heard Tylee yelling in the background, so she was surprised the 17-year-old was not around.

“I was told she was at (BYU-Idaho),” Gibb recalls. “I knew that Tylee had her GED, which she got when she was 16 or 17 … There were definitely question marks. It didn’t feel real. It didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t know what to say about it. I wouldn’t assume that she had done something to her. It was unusual.”

Equally concerning was what Lori said about JJ when Gibb arrived in Idaho.

“She said that he had turned into a zombie the day before I got there, and she was pointing out behaviors of his. … She was trying to create uncertainty in me about what I saw. … I was looking at him and thought, ‘I don’t know. He looks just like JJ to me,'” Gibb says.

This wasn’t the first time Lori had spoken to Gibb about zombies."

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Rolo, AZlawyer, Colorado303 and 8 others like this.
  11. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

That’s a ton of initials!

Colorado303 and spandangly like this.
  12. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

In the motion to quash that mentions 1 homicide, 2 attempted homicides, etc., it also mentions that the investigations involve 4 states. I can see that three would be Arizona, Idaho, and Hawaii, but what is the fourth? Utah? Texas?

Onsdag likes this.
  13. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

Part 3 of the MG interview is up

Melanie Gibb discusses mysterious deaths, an earthquake, confronting Chad and Lori and her message for them now

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  14. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

The good news is that at least none of these particular initials have changed since the beginning of these investigations! (Oops. I spoke too soon. AxC did actually become AxP shortly before he died.)

15. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

16. tresir2012

I have to believe that LE must have all the copies of the podcasts that are N/A to us. Especially the Sept 2019 ones. MOO.

17. Chelly

Chelly SW New Mexico

Perhaps Lori feared what JJ knew and could reveal to Kay?

18. Onsdag

Onsdag Well-Known Member

Just a quick reply before I drop it and move on.

There were two different questions being asked in this thread. One question was in regards if it would have been possible for Lori and Chad to have a legitimate Church sanctioned sealing in the temple after their civil wedding on the beach in Hawaii - this is what my response that you were quoting was in regards. The answer is almost certainly not.

The second question, which you are now referring, was in regards to if Chad and Lori were sealed together while Tammy was still alive. The answer to that is no. At least not a legitimate Church sanctioned sealing as we do not practice polygamy and they would have been excommunicated for even trying. However, it does appear that Chad and Lori believe they were sealed in a temple, which is where the confusion is coming from. They most likely went through a sealing session on behalf of dead ancestors and then pretended that it was their own sealing they were doing. It wouldn't be legitimate, of course, but they could pretend it was the real deal in order to rationalize and justify their evil behaviors.

All MOO.

Mystery22, Suglo, Sulamith and 6 others like this.
  19. FindingJoLee

Who is the "us" that Melanie is referring to at the start of this part 3?
    "They wouldn't answer us."

20. MTW2011

MTW2011 Well-Known Member

Part 3 bringing some real sadness into the light now. What many of us have been so afraid of. Nate asks Melanie where she thinks the children are.

She says she doesn’t think they’re on this planet anymore. She adds that Tylee is a very strong and capable young woman who would make a phone call, let someone know she is OK and alive, and that has never happened.

Even though I’ve been thinking this for awhile now there’s something very somber about hearing it from MG now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.