Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the FBI spent the resources they have for months on a couple missing kids (tons are missing everywhere) without a solid foundation of evidence. You think the FBI's end goal is to maybe charge someone for 5 years? FBI is also a business in a sense and ROI is without a doubt a factor
I think the FBI's involvement is in a role of assisting a small town police department in a highly complex, multijurisdictional case. I'm not dismissing what you are saying but the reality is that the FBI only has jurisdiction for federal crimes and the only federal crimes that may have occured in this case are related to SS fraud and that would only be for a few thousand dollars. If the kids died in September and Lori was getting $6000 a month she would have collected, at most, (November, December, January, February) = $24000 illegally. Surely it would have stopped when she got arrested and the October payment would be for September when the kids were known to be alive. So while i agree the FBI would not normally concern themselves with small crimes, I don't think there involvement here is about the severity of the crime. I think they are involved because of the complexity and the resources they can provide.

Remember, all of these (potential) crimes occured in different jurisdictions but need to be investigated as a common series of crimes:

CV murder in Gilbert AZ (Maricopa County)
AC murder in San Tan Valley AZ (Pinal County) [now known not to be a crime]
JJ and Tylee disapperance and abandonment charge in Rexburg ID (Madison County)
JJ murder in ?? ??(?? County)
Tylee murder in ?? ?? (possibly WY) (?? County)
CD concealment of evidence in Salem ID (Fremont County)
TD murder in Salem ID (Fremont County)

And let's not forget we had involvement of the Kauai and Maui County police departments in HI and the Chandler PD in AZ. I actually forget if CV murder was in Chandler or Gilbert but I know both Chandler and Gilbert PD were involved in this drama at some point.

Can you imagine the fiasco if all of these things were investigated independently by independent police departments and sherriff's offices that did not coordinate? Remember, in Arizona, an Idaho cop or sherriff deputy has no more authority than I do as a member of the public so sharing of information is impossible without some kind of formal investigative agreement and I'm sure it is similar in Idaho. Having the FBI involved facilitates that kind of information sharing and eliminates the risk of someone making a stupid mistake that blows the entire case.

CV murder in Gilbert AZ (Maricopa County)
AC murder in San Tan Valley AZ (Pinal County) [now known not to be a crime]
JJ and Tylee disapperance and abandonment charge in Rexburg ID (Madison County)
JJ murder in ?? ??(?? County)
Tylee murder in ?? ?? (possibly WY) (?? County)
CD concealment of evidence in Salem ID (Fremont County)
TD murder in Salem ID (Fremont County)

totally not enough zombies and portals in this list

I’m so sorry to Chime in at the end of all of this but can anyone give me a brief synopsis of why it took so long to search the property I do understand they already searched it before but why didn’t they find the bodies I’m very confused right now
The previous search was related to Tammy Daybell's death. The body was in the ground so they were not looking for a body. Search warrants have to be pretty specific and based on a probable cause affidavit sworn by a police officer. Usually anything found that is not within teh scope of the warrant is inadmissible in court later so they do not look for anything not specifically stated in the warrant. They would not have brough cadaver dogs for example because there would be no probable cause to look for a body.

that video you linked says it is tylee and jj so hmm and its MSN

After doing some snooping I found a few tidbits about this/ where it comes from...

LE contacted both Kay /Larry and Annie. They were told that two sets of remains were found, one strongly believed to be JJ's. FBI said nothing is official yet b/c the ME has not finished his report...

Annie posted to a private group her condolences, to the Woodcocks. That post was screen capped from the private group. She later clarified that she meant to keep that private, and nothing could be stated as fact until the ME was finished which may not be before CD's court appearance. She felt bad that the private message was made so public, but said it was the truth, she just wanted to respect the W's privacy before the news broke everywhere.

The Woodcocks later put out a statement asking for privacy during this tough time, and ok'd Justin Lum posting it.

So the families likely are aware, and the remains have been at least tentatively identified.

PS: K9 unit was on scene prior to any digging, and certainly may have alerted to the spots. The rush may be b/c CD inquired about a new mobile home going up in that spot.

The photo that shows a silhouette in the ground is ghastly and disturbing. It really digs deep into the horror of these murders and the sickening tragedy it all is.

We should find out more details sooner than it was looking a couple weeks ago. Lolo’s preliminary hearing seems insignificant now. Surely more charges are coming and hopefully the cops are playing both of them against each other. It seems that’s a good way to break cases when multiple perps are involved.

We can consider all the possibilities about how today’s events materialized but we’ll all know soon enough. The witness could very well be surveillance! I damn glad we’re here though. This bizarro case was maddening and senseless. To hell with these two!

I think it’s absurd to think that with all of the technology that we have today that we could not have sent a drone over that property 1 million times and picked up Infared evidence immediately. This is the most incompetent Investigative work I have ever experienced and I’m disgusted.

Disagree - Those that did the investigate work and folks would gently point to educate in response to this post from a new member that

Thermal image cameras (”infrared imaging”) pick up the heat emitted by an object, so they read heat signatures of live beings, not cold dead ones... which over time were buried under frozen tundra and a foot of cold snow. So, if that's the reason the OP is calling them incompetent - nope. I don't see any such thing as incompetence so far - cases take a while to build and the focus is always on conviction.

MOO.

Would agree with much of the above but I don't see any evidence that owned a bobcat, etc...They also have a flat plot on a not very large land...I too am around much of what you state above...However, what I see is daily is not what I even remotely see in this situation.
It would be fascinating to learn that he rented a bobcat or mini excavator while Tammy was away!

Disagree - Those that did the investigate work and folks would gently point to educate in response to this post from a new member that

Thermal image cameras (”infrared imaging”) pick up the heat emitted by an object, so they read heat signatures of live beings, not cold dead ones... which over time were buried under frozen tundra and a foot of cold snow. So, if that's the reason the OP is calling them incompetent - nope. I don't see any such thing as incompetence so far - cases take a while to build and the focus is always on conviction.

MOO.
Besides that, I’m sure that sort of thing would require a warrant. You are conducting a search on private property, even if you aren’t actually setting foot on it.

Who knows if it would have worked in the first place.

MOO.

Well said...I guess it’s easy to be a casual observer and conclude poor police work but with multiple players, multiple crimes, multi state and a background story that oozes Jim Jones’ish I don’t see incompetence. I think the Arizona investigation was lousy but everything else seems well done for the circumstances LE was in.

I believe that WS member Grey Hughes videos are allowed at WS.

Uploaded 2 around midnight a few hours ago.. egads, both are over 2 hours long.

ETA: At 7:41 - it looks like "something" right where the dig was iykwim

741.JPG

Last edited:
Well said...I guess it’s easy to be a casual observer and conclude poor police work but with multiple players, multiple crimes, multi state and a background story that oozes Jim Jones’ish I don’t see incompetence. I think the Arizona investigation was lousy but everything else seems well done for the circumstances LE was in.
Yeah, this is the most complex case I have ever followed. I actually anticipated many more months passing before we saw Chad charged with anything. Now it looks like both children have been found, and double murder charges are around the corner.

I don’t think Lori squealed at all. Quite the opposite. It’s in her best interests to keep her mouth shut and be suspected of abandonment than open her mouth and admit she’s at least guilty of being an accessory, a conspirator, and/or other murder-related charges, or trying to trade info for lesser/manslaughter charges.

Nope. Someone rumbled them. I bet they both need new underwear.

Besides that, I’m sure that sort of thing would require a warrant. You are conducting a search on private property, even if you aren’t actually setting foot on it.

Who knows if it would have worked in the first place.

Yeah, I actually think LE did a good job in this case, under very tough circumstances.... Many times their hands were tied due to legal wrangling in other states. When the FBI came on board, a lot more resources became available. The case had some huge hurdles with extradition from HI, and seaming up the possible connections between CV's death and Tammy, which wouldn't have been connected had LV and CD not rushed to the altar, and made the union so visible.... It was the press attention which really helped keep the pressure on.

Many of us followed this case for months, 100's of pgs, with every element scrutinized. So coming on in the final lap and complaining about drones and heat signatures for long dead frozen corpses is slightly ridiculous... JMO.

For more info on this case please refer to the amazing Timeline linked at the beginning of each new thread.

I could go on and on here, but won't as it's late on East Coast (I'm the Bostonian on this thread Massguy, lol) And I def want to watch Chad's court hearing tomorrow!!

I don’t think Lori squealed at all. Quite the opposite. It’s in her best interests to keep her mouth shut and be suspected of abandonment than open her mouth and admit she’s at least guilty of being an accessory, a conspirator, and/or other murder-related charges, or trying to trade info for lesser/manslaughter charges.

Nope. Someone rumbled them. I bet they both need new underwear.
Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense that she would talk, unless they had a staggering amount of evidence against her. I just don’t see that.

Her attitude would probably be “no bodies, no murder.”

I’m confused as to how this all came to be, as I do get the impression that law enforcement knew exactly where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member