Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought is always strange, that Tammy was not cremated. If Chad is so knowledgeable on burials....and Tammy died under suspension, I would have thought Chad would have wanted her cremated.
But then if he thought he was so smart and used a poison that was untraceable he might thought he got away with it.

...Snipped

For LDS cremation is not a popular or well regarded option, I think he would have had a hard time explaining that to both sides of the family.

It's sad to think that Tylee was a spunky teen who spoke her mind and took leadership, and now she's gone, along with the brother she loved and protected. I think L and C were both threatened by her intelligence and grit. Ugh. So devastating.
When I think of the snapshots we have been given of Tylee's life, my mind often goes back to our own echoecho's daughter (didn't tag her because IMO I don't think she needs to be here right now) and how this other young life will now be affected by the loss of her friend. Everyone left behind in the wake of terror of these monsters, it is unfathomable.

Tylee was labeled a level 3 dark spirit by Chad back in October 2018. She didn't stand a chance with those two.
Yes. She was a loving big sister, had her GED, obviously employable. Had a whole life to live. For JJ's short life at least had Tylee. Tylee only had a monster for a mother.

When Tylee "went away" without saying good bye JJ may have become non stop inconsolable.

JMO
It would take a lot of time to build a large enough fire to try to burn up a body. If they were killed at different times then maybe for one of them there was simply not enough time to start a huge barnfire to try to burn up the body if someone else was due to come home.

I have shared in other cases that I do a lot of burning of old trees and tree limbs that have fallen down and a good large sized fire can stay hot for literally days. When I have a good size brush wood pile burning, I can go out the next day and give it a stir and it fires right back up. So maybe there simply was not enough time for him to burn up one of the bodies if someone else was coming home soon.

Or one of them wasnt burned up as well as the other if done at different times.

I'm still reading and catching up again, so maybe someone has already mentioned this... the quotes from the neighbor about that bonfire made me think that the neighbor didn't remember and/or put any importance to the bonfires until he saw where the search was focused. That makes me think that neighbor is likely not to be the one who reported bonfires to law enforcement, if anyone did.

Also, a question: does that area do burn bans? (I'm thinking it's likely?) When are they usually, when did they end last fall, and when did they start up again this spring? Are there requirements for fire pits and burn piles to be inspected, or is a permit required? (even just a passive, drop a note in a box type?)

...my first take on that blog entry is that CD didn't write it. Maybe I'm looking at this from too much of a retrospective lens, but IMO it was heavily edited by someone else or chunks were lifted from another person's story.
The entry looks super canned.
Maybe CD just talks like this? It just seems so unlikely.....

That’s just how CD writes.

I am interested too. Did someone else know? How did the police know where to search?

Once again, this validates my belief that the spirit of the body, "wants" to be found. It sounds crazy. But so many bodies are "found", Gannon Stauch, Cupcake Davis, Stacey Peterson...when the perpetrator tried to get rid of the evidence.

When the original information about the body of Tylee potentially being in YNP, I knew that it would be an impossible task to find anything. But right in CD's backyard?! Amazingly inept.

So much hope you are right, that the spirit wants the body to be found. I'm so glad that JJ and Tylee's remains can finally be put properly to rest by family that loved them. And I'm hopeful that, in addition to the remains themselves, more evidence is found at the sites which points to every individual involved in their disposal there.

There are also state police converging on a site in CT this morning. I hope today is the day LE has finally found Jennifer Dulos and her family is able to have the peace of putting her to rest as well. Prayers of both gratitude and hope today.

Also, a question: does that area do burn bans? (I'm thinking it's likely?) When are they usually, when did they end last fall, and when did they start up again this spring? Are there requirements for fire pits and burn piles to be inspected, or is a permit required? (even just a passive, drop a note in a box type?)

Here's the Idaho burning restrictions in effect on Sept 4, 2019 --
Crop Residue Burning Program

Individuals living outside city limits anywhere in Idaho who plan to burn for any reason-including crop residue burning and excluding recreational campfires-during closed fire season, from May 10 to October 20 every year, must obtain a fire safety burn permit.
The burn permits granted each day are listed on that site.

ETA: I'm going through the dates from Sept 4-Oct 20, 2019, but so far it looks like there's very few days in that time period that burning would have been legal in Madison County.

Last edited:
If they were planning on killing JJ, he would have to be buried before the ground froze in Idaho that fall. I’m also wondering about what was in LV’s storage unit.

This article does share some other interesting tidbits about Chad's behavior over these past months...so definitely a good read..

Snipped from that article. Really caught my attention:

"'Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours.

Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him.""

I would love for the info for the search to have come about from this type of technology. Maybe some “code” talking by Lori led to a word being watched which led to a search? One can wish it was something like this. But, I don’t even know IF she and Chad were allowed to talk.
[URL="https://leotechnologies.com/technology-led-to-recoveries-aniah-blanchard-kamille-mckinney/"]Technology that led to recoveries of Aniah Blanchard, Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney could help solve Alabama's prison crisis - LEO Technologies[/URL]

Now I'm stuck on wondering how the search at Chad Daybell's home came about. I can think of at least a dozen possibilities:

1) Is it possible that the search warrant in January included a provision to come back again after the snow melted, without need of getting a second search warrant, since the weather conditions prevented them from doing the full search at the time?

2) Some type of aerial thing (don't know what to call it) showed disturbances in the yard that weren't there before, enough to get a search warrant on.

3) One of CD's grown kids reported suspicious goings-on in the yard.

4) Lori's niece Melanie knew more and told LE, after being confronted with earlier discrepancies caught when her new husband wore a wire, or about her ex being shot at, or she told so she could see her children again and/or under threat of having the new baby taken away at birth.

5) Lori's niece's new husband continued working with LE, unbeknownst to Lori's niece.

6) Lori's friend (also named Melanie) either knew something or worked with LE to get Lori to talk.

7) Lori confided in a jailhouse snitch.

8) LE tricked Lori into telling on Chad by telling her Chad had talked and was blaming it all on her.

9) Taped jailhouse conversations between Lori and Chad

10) Deceased brother Alex's wife told whatever she knew, when questioned by LE.

11) One of CD's neighbors saw something that was enough for a search warrant.

12) Some other unidentified person in the inner circle reported what they knew to LE.

1 - it was a new search warrant. Received 4 days before they executed it.

2 - very possible IMP

3 - They were shocked

4 - the statement seems to suggest not. Still in denial.

5 - possible but I think unlikely. He seems to flip on a dime after she got pregnant.

6 - possible but not most likely IMO

7 - possible. But again unlikely. Spends her time praying and singing hymns. I can't see many associating with her as a child murderer in a womens prison.

8 - tricked possible. But more likely

9 - yes. My guess hands down.

10 - possible but has been seen supporting MBP at hearings so unlikely to flip.

11 - yes very likely. We now know that there were multiple bonfires that the neighbours saw.

12 - possible but I don't know if they knew. If MG didn't. Then who would?

Moo

I don't know if I could do it either. I haven't even been able to go watch it myself.

But I think it's important to have the abject raw grief that has been meted out to totally innocent people...documented. I want to be there on the day that Chad and Lori are shown the footage in the courtroom.
Sadly, I don’t think either one will be remotely moved by the footage. They’re incapable of empathy and any show of emotion will only be for effect IMO.

I don't understand the neighbor. Had large bonfires which was not the norm and didn't cross his mind to report. You couldn't hide from this story living right near them. Odd

I think the bonfires were odd and more significant to the neighbor in retrospect. In a rural area like this, a big bonfire would be noticed, but it wouldn’t be cause for concern.

Well, that answers the question. No one "in the know" spill the beans. Neighbor reported bonfires which were unusual. Police was able to get a search warrant and started searching around the bonfires. I am curious as to what Chad was burning in there? The actual bodies? Other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288