Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those in the Mountain Zone, the program starts at 9 pm.

With 20 minutes until Dateline Monday: as always, we want to give a big shout out to our partners @EastIdahoNews @ericgrossarth and @NateNewsNow. We couldn't have done this report without you. #Dateline
https://twitter.com/natenewsnow/status/1275242981570691074?s=21
MassGuy, yay, I've been WAITING for you to be active on this thread. We need you here.

Agree with your kudos for @NateNewsNow and @EastIdahoNews (So wish I could be a fly on the wall in Nate's brain!)

Thank you!

Ok .... Sorry fellow sleuthers, just have to jump in and say .... NOT a fan of Oprah at all - ugh!! MG is an idiot and LVD is vile ... but calling OW a dark spirit is not racist. Just MOO

No. Not being a fan of Oprah is not racist. Being a white person calling her a "dark spirit" is almost certainly racist, not to mention very "on the nose", as coded language goes.

MassGuy, yay, I've been WAITING for you to be active on this thread. We need you here.

Agree with your kudos for @NateNewsNow and @EastIdahoNews (So wish I could be a fly on the wall in Nate's brain!)

Thank you!
The guy totally deserves it. A class act reporter in a tiny market, who got his well deserved time in the sun. Good for him.

This is right back to where we were in December and January of our thread..An affair, money and murder of those who were in the way. The made up fantasy religion they twisted and promoted was to cover the affair and justify it . MG believed all of it and keep some very dangerous secrets. I also think MP is the same and Brandon saw through it and made the right call to the private investigator to protect his children. MOO

After watching Dateline, I must admit I'm a little skeeved out that they said the 144,000 had started gathering in Rexburg. Yikes. This is my town. How many more whackadoodles are here? Melanie said Lori was good at gathering them. :eek:MOO.

BBM
Say what ?!??!!?

I mean that quite literally. LVD and MG and MPB are willing to take orders and not think. Everything they say, including MG's new theological takes on things, are from men. Men who are god's righteous. This is what makes you a good woman. You'll find this in pretty much most hyper religious groups but these men value it far more than most others. As you can see they promote those women to everyone else, to draw other men like them. Women who do are rewarded with attentiveness, attention and special place, promoted, cossetted and head patted.

To the men it is "see, we have what you want! Look at these women who submit to anything you tell them to and whose every thought is yours" and to the women like these they will be the best kept of the women (we won't live in tents).

She's perfect for them. So is Lori. Wouldn't it be great to be their perfect women? It is a perfect world.

Today, DNA is readily accepted as evidence but I remember OJ’s trial. DNA evidence was fairly new and there was a lot of complex, tedious and time-consuming testimony to process.

I have every confidence there will be enough evidence to try Chad and Lori for murder and other crimes. This case is complicated enough to follow without the digital data. Throw that in the mix and it can become an overwhelming amount of information for a jury to sort through. I think most of us here have at least a basic understanding of how digital evidence is acquired and we’d grasp what it’s intended to prove. I’m not so sure about the average juror. If introducing this evidence requires long boring complex testimony, I’m afraid jurors will stop paying attention and not even consider it when deliberating. How much foundation will be required to introduce data from GPS, cell phones, computers, cameras and other sources?

Maybe one of our fabulous Attorneys can comment on this.

Last edited:
Well she had been tested to keep the affair a secret and did, tested with zombie info and didn’t confront, told about reconciling with CV to get his finances in order then he dies. I mean MG passed every “test”. She fell for it all, and DID NOT answer the phone all day... and then still didn’t tell the truth for 11 days.. so she kinda did lie for her, just not for eternity. MOO
I vented earlier today about how I didn’t trust or like MG at all. After Dateline still don’t like her, I think she is awful, how blind is she?? Like I said before, I think she enjoyed the drama she was in the center of.

Not going to delve into it too much... but STILL driving me crazy. The orange object at the dig site. And the AC’s orange gun bag and another orange/black luggage bag found in the house. It’s what’s convinced me AC was involved in the murders and burials. I’m so curious to see if it will come to be connected. What was it? Driving me nuts.

In regards to the Dateline, I think they laid out the story well for average watchers. It is not an easy one to explain otherwise. So don't worry for those that can't see it. Seeing the old footage of them walking to the beach (infamous short skirt) in HI but now knowing the kids are really dead, was interesting to me. I noticed that Chad's arm on the hand that Lori was holding was very rigid. He looked so stiff. He knew exactly where the kids were. He tried to smile and look cool but he didn't sell it very well. I think they sort of liked the us against the world challenge of the media as well as the attention. The media just asked them questions. Nothing bad really happened to them but I think they got a buzz from saying no comment and stalking away. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to see your dad on tv with some woman in a tiny skirt in Hawaii 10 days after your mom dies. Also, in MG defense, I think that would be very shocking to see too. They were her spiritual leaders and she her best friend. Now she is wearing a tiny skirt with Hawaii on the butt and living at a fancy resort in HI? What does she tell follows of the podcasts? I wonder if she gave them money? I wonder if she was in hiding from Alex? I am sure there is more to the way she was mistreated as well. None of this is very helpful. Just my thoughts.

CD and LV had motive to kill their spouses: insurance money. But why the children? Why not return JV to his grandmother? And TR would soon be old enough to be on her own.
I think they truly believed this nonsense, or they worried about them being witnesses. I don’t think their deaths were financially motivated. You need bodies to collect on life insurance, but that’s besides the point.

I wonder if that newly-released Yellowstone photo had a time stamp? Matched up against the data from AxC's phone, there might not have been enough time to do anything between the time of the photo and the time of reaching the Park entrance and then the Buckeroos moment. This would eliminate the Park as a site for the murder.
Per the data points, the timeline in the Park may also have been too short to take a food break. This would make the stop at Buckeroos a benign event, 'cos you gotta eat sometime.

Cell phone pictures contain metadata that includes the coordinates, time, information regarding the phone, shutter speed, etc. The only way they wouldn't is if you turned it off or manually erased that information after the fact but most people are not aware of or very concerned about that.

Last edited:
After watching Dateline, I must admit I'm a little skeeved out that they said the 144,000 had started gathering in Rexburg. Yikes. This is my town. How many more whackadoodles are here? Melanie said Lori was good at gathering them. :eek:MOO.

More than you think are in the area, though they may not all be in Rexburg but nearby. The area in general seems to be between Boise to somewhere in the vicinity of Lava Springs and about that wide east to west. They will mostly be very much in your core group - running children's programs, studying up to be the next core men in the temple that sort of thing. Many of them overlap with more normal groups who are less concerning like the preppers who are more academic 'hey let's learn how to tan hides and go to adult group camp for a week' or 'I can all my own stuff, and learn to make my own tinctures" types.

If you heard something like MG heard about TD all lined up for death, wouldn’t you be freaked out and tell someone?
MG might just get ripped apart on the stand. An attorney could argue that she made it all up, otherwise she’d have gone to the police.
I’m thinking she didn’t just hear this stuff: she was involved in it somehow.
This woman is dangerous, IMO. She can't tell what’s real.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members