Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any crimes she committed but she may be close to obstruction of justice. If she were smart she hired a lawyer and got an immunity agreement before cooperating.
ok, gotcha. And I sure hope she got an attorney.

I snipped and bolded.
JMOO Alex & Lori were using their guests as witnesses. They wanted JJ seen that night but they were on a tight timeline because JJ needed to be dead and hidden so Alex could drive the body to Chad’s in the morning, where he was waiting to bury the body after Tammy left for work. Alex took JJ and began the process by sedating JJ or poisoning him. Then he brought JJ or his body back to show the guests. After everyone was in bed, either Lori checked to make sure JJ was dead, or she finished the killing by herself or with Alex, and then Alex took the body. They thought they were being very clever and no one would suspect this was the night/early morning that JJ died.
But from a planning point of view, wouldn't it be better to commit murder when there are no guests around? IMO after MG went home would have been less suspiscious. ATM, this makes me think that either Lori killed through rage on the spur of the moment, or there was an accidental overdose.

The guy totally deserves it. A class act reporter in a tiny market, who got his well deserved time in the sun. Good for him.

Definitely. But people like him who work in small markets, almost never get this opportunity. He more than rose to the occasion, and it’s awesome to see.

He crushed it.

I do hope he stays in his market and has ability to do full coverage untill the end of the trial, as Sam Kraemer did with the Patrick Frazee trial. Sam was able to use his newfound time in the sun to move back to his hometown news market.

Last edited:
After watching Dateline, I must admit I'm a little skeeved out that they said the 144,000 had started gathering in Rexburg. Yikes. This is my town. How many more whackadoodles are here? Melanie said Lori was good at gathering them. :eek:MOO.

Not one reporter has asked MG how many of the 144,000 were members. Last count on WS is 7 IIRC? 143,993 to go?

Today, DNA is readily accepted as evidence but I remember OJ’s trial. DNA evidence was fairly new and there was a lot of complex, tedious and time-consuming testimony to process.

I have every confidence there will be enough evidence to try Chad and Lori for murder and other crimes. This case is complicated enough to follow without the digital data. Throw that in the mix and it can become an overwhelming amount of information for a jury to sort through. I think most of us here have at least a basic understanding of how digital evidence is acquired and we’d grasp what it’s intended to prove. I’m not so sure about the average juror. If introducing this evidence requires long boring complex testimony, I’m afraid jurors will stop paying attention and not even consider it when deliberating. How much foundation will be required to introduce data from GPS, cell phones, computers, cameras and other sources?

Maybe one of our fabulous Attorneys can comment on this.

For those of us who followed the Dan Markel case, (Tallahassee murder for hire trials) the digital testimony was brutal. Long, boring and leaving questions as to interpretation. And can make or break a case, as it did.

I vented earlier today about how I didn’t trust or like MG at all. After Dateline still don’t like her, I think she is awful, how blind is she?? Like I said before, I think she enjoyed the drama she was in the center of.

And I don't think Lori's SSiSSter likes MG creating "drama" for the "mob" viewers.

What thread were you guys all on together before?

Bwahahahaha! Too many cases to count. (see over 16,400 posts, over 335,000 likes below his name) MassGuy is known for his intelligent and on point posts, sharp wit, and usually has sidekick GK to banter cases (think Jimmy Fallon/Matt Damon ) wherever he goes. :D:p

Last edited:
@NateNewsNow is gifted and his future is very bright. His skill set interviewing MG was fascinating. I felt like was like witnessing a sane conductor try to lead an insane orchestra, all while staying kind and compassionate. He's really good.

And I think it has helped him navigate in that he too is LDS.

I do hope he stays in his market and has ability to do full coverage untill the end of the trial, as Sam Kraemer did with the Patrick Frazee trial. Sam was able to use his newfound time in the sun to move back to his hometown news market.
I recall being told he was in a larger market and chose to go back to ID. I think (or hope) that the relationship he’s established w/Dateline continues beyond this case and he can continue to cover big stories on a national stage and still stay in ID w/his family if that’s what he wants. I know I would look forward to him covering anything and he would do a great job IMO.

I agree that he had a much bigger following through AVOW. Wasn’t that mostly blogs, podcasts and websites? I bet most of those people didn’t hear about the zombies etc I agree that it would Have turned them totally off. As the trial get closer we will See if anyone comes out of the woodwork. I think the discovery of the kids really destroyed any connections with AVOW people.
Podcasts and conferences were part of PAP (now defunct), not AVOW, which is a discussion forum. Chad had plenty of friends and followers on both.

I now think you are right. At one time I was concerned there was something much bigger going on involving a cult of preppers. I think Chad had a big following in the AVOW/prepper community at one point. But I think most of them are probably mostly sane, respectable people and ran for the hills once people started dying. But even now I would not be surprised to see a few more loyal followers come into the picture as accomplices in one way or another.
IMO they didn't need more accomplices since they had Alex, although it is unclear if there was a second person in Tylee's Jeep when they attacked BB.

But from a planning point of view, wouldn't it be better to commit murder when there are no guests around? IMO after MG went home would have been less suspiscious. ATM, this makes me think that either Lori killed through rage on the spur of the moment, or there was an accidental overdose.
Alex's appartment wasn't close enough to Lori's for MG and DW to witness the murder. They couldn't testify that JJ was dead. Lori wouldn't have told MG about JJ becoming a zombie if she hadn't trusted her. IMO Lori, Chad and Alex were brazen because they didn't believe the children or proof of a crime would ever be found. Lori smirking in court indicated that.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Curious, please. Do you think prosecution considers MG important as a witness for trial? If so, why is she blabbing everything on national TV? Can they present her information in court without her testifying? I perhaps (OK, for sure) have watched too much TV, but prime witnesses seem to be kept quiet and safe until trial. If I were defending CD/LVD, I would consider it a gift to see and hear everything from MG in advance - not only for content, but to study her behavior and mannerisms in order to make her look like more of a gullible (I’m trying to find a nice word), um, simple-minded, incompetent witness whose words mean little to a jury. Thank you.

CD and LV had motive to kill their spouses: insurance money. But why the children? Why not return JV to his grandmother? And TR would soon be old enough to be on her own.
Lori and Chad couldn't wait to be together. The kids were murdered mere weeks after her move to Rexburg. Lori wouldn't wait for Tylee to grow up. She wanted to punish Kay as well as keep the SS benefits of both children.

I read Wade Davis' book The Serpent and The Rainbow years ago. I seem to remember something, too, written about using poison from a certain toad, the poison being similar to the poison from puffer fish, that was used for zombification.
full circle here! We were discussing the puffer fish poisin back in february or even earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member