Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Yellowstone photos, the affidavit states the group consisted solely of JJ, Tylee, Alex and Lori. Here is the spot where the photos were taken and it is helpful that the wood rails provide parallel lines at right angles to each other:

OldFaithfulPhoto.JPG

We can use the rules of perspective to project these surfaces as vectors with vanishing points on the horizon:
ProjectionVectors.JPG

Thus, we can confidently conclude that the photographer was standing on the wooden platform when both photos were taken.

I pulled the 10-meter topographic data for this area and confirmed the horizon behind Alex is elevated relative to the level of the wooden platform. I would need to acquire actual measurements or a LIDAR scan of the scene to be certain, but the topography suggests that the camera lens is lower than Alex's eye height.

Another useful photogrammetric principal you can use is to place a dot in the center of a photograph and this will represent precisely where the lens is pointing. If this photo hasn't been cropped the camera was pointing just to the right of Tylee's mouth. Of course, the camera could have been tilted down, but these factors suggest the photographer was shorter than Alex or that the camera was being held at a lower position by whomever took the image (almost certainly Lori, in my judgement).
Wow, you found the right group of boiling pots?
I'm not convinced that photo (Photo B, shall we call it?) is in the same spot as the YNP photo. The relationship between AxC's head in Photo B to the far-ground hill doesn't seem to be what you'd get if you had someone standing in that corner, taken from the direction where the camera seems to be located. A different segment of the hill would show.
However, the YNP photo might not be current. Every time I go to YNP those boiling pots have all changed, new ones have come to the surface, etc (fascinating), so I'll bet the boardwalks have to be newly constructed on a regular basis. The shading on the colorful rocks would be different from year to year, too. Photo B has what looks like an ivory-colored trail between Tylee's and AxC's heads, but that slack-S curve is not on the YNP photo, even in the rock coloring.

Snipped for focus
This is one article yet there are other more confusing reflecting on court cases ie Patty Hearse etc. and comparing them to POW’s and the history of admissible vs non and what needs to be established it to be considered
Psychological characteristics of religious delusions

That's a VERY helpful article IMO, especially pp 2-5. I hadn't thought of the differences between strong faith-based imaginings and existential distortions of reality.
I think we have to be careful about a diagnosis, though.

And how do you get from religious delusions to a cult? Do all the members of the cult share the delusions? They are presumably in the cult because they are captivated by the delusions of the leader (that seems obvious in this case), but I don't think you can have a cult that is comprised of a gaggle of folks with pathological delusions. They wouldn't survive each other IMO.
On second thoughts, the folks in the wider Zombie Gang might not have survived each other if LE hadn't intervened, but.....
Anyway, the binary in this article may be very useful, but it might also have substantial limitations for this case.

Last edited:
Can I ask if their own publications that were intended to be consumed by the public are fair game?

I have the same question. We tend to appreciate discussions that lead us to trust, mistrust, integrity of some of the players, not just the POIs. The journalism world is giving Melanie a lot more credit than we are right now. And I think we have to do the same analysis of DW,, since he is becoming more active. He appears to be quite different in his earlier writings, than he is on Dateline now! And his publications are a way to see these differences;

Wow, you found the right group of boiling pots?
I'm not convinced that photo (Photo B, shall we call it?) is in the same spot as the YNP photo. The relationship between AxC's head in Photo B to the far-ground hill doesn't seem to be what you'd get if you had someone standing in that corner, taken from the direction where the camera seems to be located. A different segment of the hill would show.
However, the YNP photo might not be current. Every time I go to YNP those boiling pots have all changed, new ones have come to the surface, etc (fascinating), so I'll bet the boardwalks have to be newly constructed on a regular basis. The shading on the colorful rocks would be different from year to year, too. Photo B has what looks like an ivory-colored trail between Tylee's and AxC's heads, but that slack-S curve is not on the YNP photo, even in the rock coloring.

I'm certain these photos were taken at this location. I've matched many features that confirm this. For instance, see below:
FeatureMatch.JPG

The relationship between the ridge line, creek and wooden railing establish this was, indeed, where the photo was taken.

Wait,, What ?!?!?!?!
AxC was at LVD apt in the middle of the night when TR disappeared.

I am curious as to who you thing she was handed off to at Yellowstone?

<mod snip>
This has been my theory since day one. Who knows? BUT I just cannot believe that these folks would have taken any chances to have blood, and body parts in a newly RENTED apartment.... all they needed was one complaint from a neighbor.

What do I know? This is nothing more than a hunch... but it is just one of those "itches" that I cannot scratch enough for any satisfaction.

I am sorry you had to suffer through the DV way of life.
My daughter went through this and luckily got out but it took years and no disrespect to court orders, but the PPO was just a piece of paper and did not make a difference in her case.
I am sorry you had to deal with the CDP also as it is clear they do not take it seriously, whether male or female.
Yeah, it is obvious they dropped the ball for CV case
and the bat.

OH! I didn't mean to upset you :( I was trying to comfort you. I've been through something similar and this is how I cope. You cannot spend your life questioning yourself, it will do more damage. ((Big hug))

I think she recognized your sympathy and needed the tears. Your compassion was kind. Bet she feels that also. Hugs all around. Tough case, so tough...

This has been my theory since day one. Who knows? BUT I just cannot believe that these folks would have taken any chances to have blood, and body parts in a newly RENTED apartment.... all they needed was one complaint from a neighbor.

What do I know? This is nothing more than a hunch... but it is just one of those "itches" that I cannot scratch enough for any satisfaction.
I am sorry, but how exactly would she end up buried in Chad's backyard if she was handed off to someone at Yellowstone? No way, no how.

6/24/20 Lori Vallow's Life Behind Bars - Court TV

Insight into Lori’s cell, privileges and upcoming birthday tomorrow. Will be 47 yrs old.She can access the shower anytime....can exercise for 1 hr a day....has no roommate.Three meals a day. Has never been on suicide watch. She can use a tablet anytime located in her “pod” to Telmate (zoom) with a visitor(has to be scheduled & approved )of course is recorded ...except convo with lawyer or clergy.

Last edited:
The camera on my phone does this thing where it actually takes several images over a few seconds when you take a picture. I think it is a mode you have to set. I don't use it. I think the idea is that it gives you a few chances to get a good shot if someone blinked for example. We could be seeing something like that. If it was Lori taking the picture it would have been an iphone. Maybe someone with an iphone can comment.
My iPhone has that option. I don’t like using it though jmo

The Alex you knew is your truth, hold on tight to that.

Sobbing now. I need to take a break and pull myself together.
OH! I didn't mean to upset you :( I was trying to comfort you. I've been through something similar and this is how I cope. You cannot spend your life questioning yourself, it will do more damage. ((Big hug))

You didn't upset me. Your kindness is much needed - along with some sleep. Sorry you've had to go through similar.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I think in some of these podcasts (which I have not heard) DW and MG were still defending CD and LV at this point.

Yesterday during Trisha's noon live You Tube for Websleuths, she asked for posters' impression of MG on the Dateline special. It was hard to describe what exactly folks found to be "off".

My impression is that MG is still struggling to not believe in CD's visions, prophecies, and teachings. MG tries hard not to condemn, just in case she has been deceived by Satan in all of this, and by golly, CD really was right all along. JMO

I question that a little bit because no one was looking for the children until Kay notified authorities in November. Before that, MG had no reason to defend LVD or CD, aside from maybe defending their quickie marriage.

But MG was the one who went to the police after CD and LVD asked her to lie, and after that, by her own account, she went into hiding, so I doubt (JMOO) there were any more podcasts, and she remained in hiding until CD was arrested, out of fear of him I'm guessing.

I just have to wonder if anyone from that tight-knit group is still around that could take revenge on MG?

We use initials because pretty much everything online is searchable. So, there's no reason to drag an innocent person into a criminal case forever.

Here's a dreamed up example. Well, kinda dreamed up, some will recognize the story.

Suppose you have a mass murder and there is a 6 month old baby left alive. This baby ends up getting adopted. Grows up and learns his real name by mistake. Searches internet and up Pops his name with stories of being found with his grandmother, covered in her blood. Massive shocker. But if initials were used, his name wouldn't be searchable.

It protects the innocent.

Jmo

wow, Dreamer.... that says it so clearly....
I have never been on an interactive site like this, so this is my first experience with this case, and this type of communication except FB blabbing. Still learning so much...even though I clench my teeth wanting to discuss many things we are not allowed to discuss.

Last edited:
This video features ES, JR as well as (briefly) an expert on Mormon studies. JR tries to sell some of her visions, but also goes on the record saying that Chad murdered Tammy. According to her he could have used some sort of spiritual weapons (such weapons are also mentioned in Chad's manifesto). JR also believes that Alex was murdered. IMO her guesses are as good as anyone's. Apart from her communication with Chad about Tammy, JR has no proof of his guilt.

JR and ES explain that Chad as a spiritually gifted man was being deceived (presumably by the devil). Where's personal accountability in that?

It’s frustrating to watch people not take accountability. I fully believe Chad knew what he was doing. It might have started innocently but morphed into this monster that consumed all who participated and some innocent bystanders.

I don’t think Chad was always a bad person but I do think there was something major that changed the way he viewed good and evil and right from wrong.

All jmo

Belief system shaken is mildly put. The struggle at this point is doubting everything and everyone I think I know.
I cannot give details about his work (confidentiality issues, etc,,,). In my opinion, he was still trying to cope with taking Charles' life. I offered counseling and he told me he was seeing a therapist - if that therapist was Zulema, she failed him professionally - IMHO
Thank you for sharing, the possibility of a therapist connection is very interesting. I did run across a comment on the internet, that said something interesting about her professionally. This puts him in a different light for me, time will tell. The problem is, we may never know the complete truth because he is going to be the legal scapegoat for everything.

6/24/20 Lori Vallow's Life Behind Bars - Court TV

Insight into Lori’s cell, privileges and upcoming birthday tomorrow. Will be 47 yrs old.She can access the shower anytime....can exercise for 1 hr a day....has no roommate.Three meals a day. Has never been on suicide watch. She can use a tablet anytime located in her “pod” to Telmate (zoom) with a visitor(has to be scheduled & approved )of course is recorded ...except convo with lawyer or clergy.

I could barely get through watching that interview because Ashleigh B. is obnoxious... but great info! I wonder how bad the food is? Ugh, probably inedible.

Thank you for sharing, the possibility of a therapist connection is very interesting. I did run across a comment on the internet, that said something interesting about her professionally. This puts him in a different light for me, time will tell. The problem is, we may never know the complete truth because he is going to be the legal scapegoat for everything.

I agree we may never know the complete truth. 100% agree all blame will be place on Alex, whether true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk