Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this! I haven’t been able to follow the meds like I wanted to.
That’s an intense reaction! That’s why I am not really for medicating children, like in JJ’s case as well, unless it’s a last resort. I’ve already pulled up the medication and the warnings for children seem to be filling the page. Thank you for this info! Helps me a lot in thinking about things.
Jmo
Also,when LVD left JJ with CV and disappeared for those days. She left him with nothing for JJ. No medication, clothes, IPad, or the special collar for the dog. So im sure CV had to get the medication refilled. So there should have been extra pills somewhere.
I haven't read anywhere, what other medications he (JJ) might have been on. Or what other prescription medications might have been on hand.

IIRC JJ was also diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, If so he may have been prescribed stimulants to be better able to function at school. I have seen children overdosed (unintentionally and during med trials) on stimulants fall asleep in class. Could it be that he also had other Rx's that have not been disclosed to the public? I doubt this would work on Tylee unless she also struggled with the same issues and Rx's.
Another thought is an injection of potassium chloride (which could stop the heart) may be one way of administering death without being detectable in an autopsy. Just throwing out some thoughts here.

ETA: Benedryl is available OTC and often knocks people out or makes them sleepy. It could be that LVD made the kids their favorite juice "smoothie" before bed. (Since she co-owned the juice shack in Hawaii).
Melatonin is otc and they have it in a form that melts in your mouth, not sure of the overdose potential but it could put one to sleep to be able to do other sinister actions.

I thought she suggested that he get counseling? Or was he really getting counseling?

If the latter, then perhaps he was feeling some remorse, but why continue to do LVDs bidding?
So many questions!! MOO

Never mind, I see he was supposedly seeing a therapist. Wonder if that was true and if it was someone within their “group”?
He “said” he was. Who knows if true or like you wonder, if it was someone in their group.

Melatonin is otc and they have it in a form that melts in your mouth, not sure of the overdose potential but it could put one to sleep to be able to do other sinister actions.
Oh good thought! I take it for my insomnia, and it knocks me out. I have prescribed medication for sleep that I never even take because Melatonin does the job. And for me, it works fast.

I don’t think it has to be one (poison) OR the other (suffocation).
Snipped for focus

I agree. I'm also not sure we need to go in the direction of Risperdal (though actually they might have had someone else's prescription in addition to JJ's, so they might have had a lot on hand) or anything exotic. The date rape drug would probably have served their purpose. Evidently, it's easy to get hold of. Also, it had been in the news because of the Bill Cosby rape trial, so it was well known to incapacitate people. It's also evidently easy to slip into a drink without the victim knowing and it doesn't taste. Conviction in 2018. Under those conditions, suffocation or strangling would have been easy. Perhaps Tylee was strangled, and thus the need to dismember and incinerate her was a way of destroying evidence. Maybe they suffocated JJ and therefore didn't have any evidence of strangling to conceal.

Last edited:
IIRC JJ was also diagnosed with ADD/ADHD,

It could be that LVD made the kids their favorite juice "smoothie" before bed. (Since she co-owned the juice shack in Hawaii).

RSBM

Clonidine, designed to lower high blood pressure, now popular for ADHD kids:

Is Clonidine a Good Medication for Treating ADHD?

and a sedative:

Clonidine in Adults as a Sedative Agent in the Intensive Care Unit

Teaching Pre-K, I had just one experience with Clonidine. A child was prescribed 1/2 tablet for ADD/ADHD.

Days when Mom brought the child in, the child was able to interact in age-appropriate ways with people & materials in the classroom.

Days when Dad brought the child in, the child fell asleep on the rug for the session.

Guess which parent was actually breaking the tablets in half??? Go ahead, guess.

(Post-divorce, Dad paid support but has no custody & no visitation. You might have an idea why.)

IDK if Clonidine was ever used in this family, but of it could certainly have been mis-used if available.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Happy Birthday, Lori!

BBM for focus.

There may be something to that. Often when we use the term "codependent" we're talking about romantic relationships, but codependency can exist in any close relationships, including your family of origin. Ask any child of an alcoholic (source: me).
Oh absolutely! Sometimes the codependent doesn’t even realize the depth of their involvement until an objective person points it out. I grew up in an alcoholic family so I have personal knowledge of this. Perhaps LVD’s close family members were in this mindset but couldn’t separate from it, (not referring to CD). JMO

Based on the affidavit narrative, burned and unburned tissue and bones were unearthed. My only surmise would be that CD, inexperienced at burning human remains in a fire pit, thought the fire would be hot enough to cremate her. It was not hot enough and CD hastily buried what was left of her.

That hurt to type.
This much burning might have done what they wanted to accomplish, if the goal was to hide a strangulation. The tell-tale marks would be on soft tissue and the hyoid bone on the neck. I wonder if there was a burn focused on that bone.
Also, there might have been defensive wounds on Tylee. These would have been destroyed in a fire.
So, they might not have needed to burn it more than they did: they destroyed the evidence they needed to destroy.

WARNING GRAPHIC DISCUSSION
does anyone see the dark staining in the firepit near the man kneeling? It makes a large c curve within the pit. I also noticed a pole off to the right - I think these poles were mentioned in the search warrant.
ETA: I lied - on 2nd inspection the pole actually looks like a rake.
On this subject, is that a man deep in a hole in the big rectangular area? You can see a bit of orange and then grey on top, maybe a baseball cap?

I still struggle with this. LVD sure does seem to cycle rapidly between "mom of the year" to "controlling, revenge-obsessed narcissist" and back again. JMO. It will be interesting to hear any professional psychiatric opinions offered in court.
I am not a professional, but I lived with a diagnosed narcissist for 6 years. It was always a roller coaster. It always depended on who was around. Who he was trying to impress. He could be 3 different people within minutes. He would cuss me and be mean as a snake. Then let one of his friends call or walk up, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. It was literally like flipping a light switch. Yes things could change that fast. No joke. So LVD had people over and the nanny. So she had to look like mother of the year. She wanted to look loving and caring. So she threw the mommy switch. Its all about appearance. That way it keeps everyones gaurd down. It keeps people trusting her. Just like we saw at the police station also.. I would label that the victim switch. I hope that helps.

WARNING GRAPHIC DISCUSSION
does anyone see the dark staining in the firepit near the man kneeling? It makes a large c curve within the pit. I also noticed a pole off to the right - I think these poles were mentioned in the search warrant.
ETA: I lied - on 2nd inspection the pole actually looks like a rake.
It looks like the kneeling man is doing some very fine work at the edge of the firepit. Otherwise, he's writing notes.
The pole you're referring to seems to be rake, but there are other poles...

Appreciate the chance to discuss this. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying you have to have some basis beyond suspicion to get a warrant. Having missing children will always be sufficient basis to search a dwelling. It requires more, though, to get a warrant to search underground. Maybe this will make my point more clear. Here's a hypothetical conversation that might have taken place last December:

Q. Your honor, these kids are missing and we would like to search Chad and Lori's houses and homes for any sign of the kids.
A. That's reasonable. I'll sign a warrant and let you look in every room, attic and cupboard for signs of those kids.
Q. And we don't know yet that they are dead and, if so, where they are. But we'd like to bring some cadaver dogs on every property and sniff around and dig if we get a hit.
A. Sorry, that's just way too broad under constitutional grounds. You'll have to give me more reason to believe the children are buried at a particular place before I can approve that.
Every search warrant has to be reasonable and based on probability of finding something. Looking for the kids and/or any of their belongings inside any home or dwelling occupied by Chad/Lori would support a search warrant in any jurisdiction. I just don't think they had enough to sustain an underground search until they got the cell data.

Not to argue with you but in fact they DID search the yard in January, just not with cadaver dogs as far as we know. It was observed that they used rakes and possibly some steel probes. There was some snow cover so they likely did not see the disturbed ground.

We've never seen the APC for that warrant but I think news reports at the time said they were ooking for evidence related to Tammy's death. There is a video here: Here's what evidence police are looking for in connection to missing Rexburg kids | East Idaho News

and you can see them using a metal detector and rakes. They were also in an outbuilding, I think the one Tylee was found near. They were THAT close!

I thought she suggested that he get counseling? Or was he really getting counseling?

If the latter, then perhaps he was feeling some remorse, but why continue to do LVDs bidding?
So many questions!! MOO
XR

Never mind, I see he was supposedly seeing a therapist. Wonder if that was true and if it was someone within their “group”?
IMO, counseling would not have been been near enough to help him. IF he is responsible for the acts he is suspected of , he was evil. During the 911 call he made after shooting CV when the emergency tech asked him if he wanted to attempt CPR his unconcerned, flat response: “no I don’t know how to do that”. Regardless any counseling he received wasn’t effective because his phone pinged in the back yard where 2 dead children were found. JMO

I still struggle with this. LVD sure does seem to cycle rapidly between "mom of the year" to "controlling, revenge-obsessed narcissist" and back again. JMO. It will be interesting to hear any professional psychiatric opinions offered in court.
I haven't seen anywhere Lori was "mom of the year" except in MP's imagination. I don't see much of anyone extolling her virtues, except maybe her mother.

Not to argue with you but in fact they DID search the yard in January, just not with cadaver dogs as far as we know. It was observed that they used rakes and possibly some steel probes. There was some snow cover so they likely did not see the disturbed ground.

We've never seen the APC for that warrant but I think news reports at the time said they were ooking for evidence related to Tammy's death. There is a video here: Here's what evidence police are looking for in connection to missing Rexburg kids | East Idaho News

and you can see them using a metal detector and rakes. They were also in an outbuilding, I think the one Tylee was found near. They were THAT close!

I saw LE raking in the snow by the end of the house. Close to the garage. They had rakes and a metal detector. I thought they were looking for shells from a gun. MOO

This much burning might have done what they wanted to accomplish, if the goal was to hide a strangulation. The tell-tale marks would be on soft tissue and the hyoid bone on the neck. I wonder if there was a burn focused on that bone.
Also, there might have been defensive wounds on Tylee. These would have been destroyed in a fire.
So, they might not have needed to burn it more than they did: they destroyed the evidence they needed to destroy.
I’m not sure that it was to hide evidence. I’m still leaning toward trying to dispose. I’m also stuck on Nate specifically saying she was dismembered. This is a specific term that doesn’t come to mind, at least for me, when remains are separated and scattered after being burned. I’m leaning towards disposal right now. Of a dismembered body.jmo

I don't think MG would have called Chad's group church. If ZP didn't have an LDS background, I don't think she would have joined Chad. Incidentally, MG also met Lori in a church setting. Of course people like Chad and ZP didn't advertize their other potentially incompatible spiritual/religious activities in church. MOO

Cease&Desist has a number of converts whose jobs are possibly abnormal for typical LDS.

IMO, melatonin, unless taken in a huge amount, is not potent enough to knock someone out enough to commit sinister acts such as smothering. If it was, you’d have to have a prescription for it. I’ve taken it and it barely affects me at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46