Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy to commit murder charges are punished as severely and sometimes worse than straight murder charges. And we don’t know if they will charge capitol murder. People who have hired helpers to actually kill their spouse or business partner often get much harsher sentences than the killers.
I posted earlier about this. While I think Lori and Chad are guilty of first degree murder and qualified for the death penalty. I doubt it will be sought simply because, while Idaho has the death penalty, it has used it rarely and never on a woman. Idaho has executed 3 men since 1976 and 10 since statehood in 1890.

Not to be disrespectful to anyone or to assume anything about a religion I only have a passing familiarity with, I think the same LDS "attitude" toward women that people have discussed also translates into a strong reluctance to execute women because they are not held to teh same accountability as men perhaps. I just don't think the state will seek the death penalty against Lori because I doubt any prosecutor wants to risk his case on convincing a jury to do something no jury has ever done in Idaho - execute a woman.

Of course I could be wrong!

******** starred by me because I cussed a lot about this.

ETA why did no one listen to CV?!

Because, he did not follow through. CV could have had a restraining order against LVD, he never did that. CV could have arranged with the court that he pick JJ up at his school or CPS office, to eliminate contact with LVD. CV never did anything, but continue to chase LVD.

LVD steals $35,000. CD doesn't even report the theft to the police or press criminal charges.

LVD goes to Hawaii, leaves CV with kids. CV takes her back.

Not victim blaming, per se, but if CV really "feared for his life", he didn't really act like LVD was that much of a threat.

I posted earlier about this. While I think Lori and Chad are guilty of first degree murder and qualified for the death penalty. I doubt it will be sought simply because, while Idaho has the death penalty, it has used it rarely and never on a woman. Idaho has executed 3 men since 1976 and 10 since statehood in 1890.

Not to be disrespectful to anyone or to assume anything about a religion I only have a passing familiarity with, I think the same LDS "attitude" toward women that people have discussed also translates into a strong reluctance to execute women because they are not held to teh same accountability as men perhaps. I just don't think the state will seek the death penalty against Lori because I doubt any prosecutor wants to risk his case on convincing a jury to do something no jury has ever done in Idaho - execute a woman.

Thanks for the Idaho death penalty history. It sounds like it is on the books but not used often. Unlike say Texas. It will be interesting to hear what the eventual charges will be. I understand your point about not wanting to execute a woman, but there is always a first time. It may depend how heinous the murders were and the fact that one was her bio kid and the other one was special needs.

Because, he did not follow through. CV could have had a restraining order against LVD, he never did that. CV could have arranged with the court that he pick JJ up at his school or CPS office, to eliminate contact with LVD. CV never did anything, but continue to chase LVD.

LVD steals $35,000. CD doesn't even report the theft to the police or press criminal charges.

Not victim blaming, per se, but if CV really "feared for his life", he didn't really act like LVD was that much of a threat.
Obviously he still loved her (he told that to multiple people) and also believed that he could fix her. After returning from Hawaii she tricked him into believing that she was back to her normal self. According to Dateline he texted a friend "we have our Lori back". Of course it didn't last. She was only there to "fix" his finances.

Charles was recorded telling a police officer about the stolen money. They put in the report that he was too focused on the monetary aspect. Lori was authorized on Charles' account so he couldn't do anything about the money transfer.

Idaho has one woman on death row.
Row, Robin IDOC #40171
Robin%20Row%20%2340171.jpg

Received: December 1993
Convicted of 1st degree murder for the arson deaths of her husband, son and daughter in Ada County.

Yes, it's possible someone (Alex) acted alone. I'm just saying that if Melani helped, there wil be damning digital evidence soon. My gut tells me she was the getaway driver and was smart enough to not have her phone with her. Which means I have some interesting theories about the babysitter...
IMO Alex acted alone on Chad and Lori's orders. BB was just another zombie to him. Melani knew it was going to happen and had a part in it without being there. Perhaps she was going to pay Alex afterwards.

I'm sorry but I've got to ask the women here, LDS and otherwise - If a man you just met told you that he was married to you in a past life, wouldn't that just be all kinds of creepy on so many levels. As a guy if a woman said anything like that to me it would be a total turnoff and end to any interaction with her!

Creepy, delusional... Would make me run full speed opposite direction!

I am going go out on a limb, because I can’t remember exactly where the following info is from, but I heard in the last couple days so I think it was MGs dateline interview. Chad tried his charms on a woman before Lori, including being married to her in a past life etc etc. The woman’s husband found out and threatened to tell the world if he didn’t leave his wife alone. So he was slowly moving into extramarital affair thinking.

I remember reading that somewhere, too. Lester Holt alluded to the fact that in a normal world, a woman like Lori wouldn't give someone like Chad the time of day, but Chad had found a way to manipulate gullible women, and Lori (and maybe the prior woman) were convinced he was some sort of prophet and he played on that weakness.

JMOO, but I think you're correct. Chad wanted the power over life and death but he had no realistic way of carrying out his dark longings until Lori came along, and brought her hitman/brother with her.

What a completely sick relationship. As MG said, they were "gasoline and fire," and when they merged, no one was safe. No wonder MG went into hiding when she began to understand they might actually be killing people.

Conspiracy to commit murder charges are punished as severely and sometimes worse than straight murder charges. And we don’t know if they will charge capitol murder. People who have hired helpers to actually kill their spouse or business partner often get much harsher sentences than the killers.

True, and I wonder what "conspiracy to commit serial murder" will earn Chad.

CV seemed to think LVD was "all talk," even though her words were outrageous. And, he wanted his pretty wife back.

He never considered Alex.

Dismembered "pre-mortem"? Hell no, that would be before death. I absolutely doubt that, at least I pray it's a typo. I actually don't think it was a dismembered accounting of TR's remains, IMO it may have been due to the evil, vile burning.:mad::mad:

This goes from bad to worse to completely beyond most people's worst imaginings.

she has twisted his words.

Someone needs to get a reaction from Nate on this story. Jmo

Nate Eaton - Reporter

"This morning in an interview with Nancy Grace I misspoke when I said Tylee Ryan was dismembered BEFORE she died. It is true that this beautiful teenage girl was dismembered, but court documents released thus far do not indicate when that happened. The interview was at 6:30 am and sleep has been hard to come by lately (Still - not an excuse). I didn’t even know I had said it until many of you reached out to me. I apologize for the confusion and misinformation! I will watch my words more carefully."

I still don't care that he even is using the word dismembered as the body was burned, and ergo some parts may have separated due to fire. That is his interpretation/word due to two human bones being at the top and not connected. MOO

Also, Nancy Grace's podcasts are not behind a paywall, so unsure why folks keep saying it is?

Last edited:
I remember reading that somewhere, too. Lester Holt alluded to the fact that in a normal world, a woman like Lori wouldn't give someone like Chad the time of day, but Chad had found a way to manipulate gullible women, and Lori (and maybe the prior woman) were convinced he was some sort of prophet and he played on that weakness.

JMOO, but I think you're correct. Chad wanted the power over life and death but he had no realistic way of carrying out his dark longings until Lori came along, and brought her hitman/brother with her.

What a completely sick relationship. As MG said, they were "gasoline and fire," and when they merged, no one was safe. No wonder MG went into hiding when she began to understand they might actually be killing people.
Well, Lori was obsessed with his books even before he met him. Again, I don't think CD had to work very hard to pursue her. For whatever reason, CD's end of the world ideas really appealed to Lori.

I know you guys are giving me a lot of leadway because this is my first case. And I’m sure as I stay with the site and follow cases I will learn to get over the emotion and focus on facts.
Thank you so much for being so kind to me. And the damn virus is outta me, but hooked on the site. You guys are incredible. This site is incredible.
This case, these facts, really hurt my heart.
You are doing very well with your ideas and right in there with the conversation. No newbie leeway seems to be needed.

I'm sorry but I've got to ask the women here, LDS and otherwise - If a man you just met told you that he was married to you in a past life, wouldn't that just be all kinds of creepy on so many levels. As a guy if a woman said anything like that to me it would be a total turnoff and end to any interaction with her!
"He" would definitely not be my type. BUT Correction! Let's be clear there's equal opportunity here. Guy, gal, whoever, creep-city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member