https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

ID ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I see quite a few comments about lots of green totes at the storage unit. Was there much in the way of additional footage shown on Dateline? And was it all from the same camera angle miles away that we've already seen?

2. Trouble1321075

Trouble1321075 Well-Known Member

Maybe it was melanis new husband that took the shot

3. Sticksandspades

Sticksandspades All comments are MOO

utahobserver likes this.
  4. spandangly

spandangly Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree that you are trying to apply logic where logic doesn't live. Hahaha. I'm actually surprised they got civilly married and didn't just hold some ceremony themselves in the forest, but my guess would be because of the optics, particularly for Chad's children, who would absolutely condemn sex before marriage. But you're right, their beliefs are ludicrous and don't make logical sense. I mean, killing people would be right out, too, but apparently they've gotten around that idea with some serious mental gymnastics.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

IMO any LDS ideology won't apply here. Lori, Chad and the other left the LDS religion behind a long time ago. They traded it for something very different. In fact, Lori's LDS friend in Hawaii said as much. IMO, their new religion allows for any crime that is self serving.

Also IMO, Lori and her tribe hide behind the LDS religion to make themselves appear legit and suck new people into their group.

jash, alter idem, Avocado49 and 14 others like this.
  6. Randocalrissian

Randocalrissian Verified Family Friend of Chad and Tammy Daybell

This is the point I was also trying to make.

7. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

I only saw part of the Dateline episode. I'm confused about a couple of things...

1) Who said Lori told them Tylee was attending BYU-Idaho - Did they specify it wasn't BYU (Utah)? Of note, there is someone affiliated with BYU (Utah) within Lori's family and I thought that might be important.

2) IIRC Lori told the Rexburg townhouse neighbor she, herself, moved there to attend school? If so, which school was that?

TIA for any clarification!

8. Portiz34

Portiz34 Jer 29:11

That's what I thought too!

Whaddayano, kye0001, Ohmeohmy and 2 others like this.
  9. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I agree. I've said a couple of times I dont think they're LDS at all any longer. But it begs the question of others beyond (associated with) Lori and Chad. Jmo

10. Randocalrissian

I am glad so many people are coming to this conclusion. This is another benefit of the Dateline program, and other media sources getting the word out; it helps vulnerable people to question or avoid falling under Chad and Lori’s “spell”. Now if it could only recover the missing kids, alive.

11. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

FWIW, the takeaway that I received from the "Dateline" show is that LEO does not believe that the children are alive.

jash, janewall, kimpage and 11 others like this.
  12. Randocalrissian

How do I click like to a comment like that? But I totally agree.

Whaddayano, Faebray, jash and 18 others like this.
  13. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Since he was still a regular member of the LDS church, he probably knew how to keep his more outrageous beliefs/ideas from his friends outside the prepper community while Lori seemed to have been spreading those ideas among her friends.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  14. Sticksandspades

kye0001, BigAl16 and Randocalrissian like this.
  15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I keep thinking about the money, specifically, the Social Security death benefits for both Tylee and JJ.

I wonder if Lori is receiving those benefits, I think that is the place to focus, because it is a federal crime, no problem with jurisdictions. And Social Security fraud is definitely something to consider.

Also, taxes, will Lori and Chad file taxes for 2019? Joint or separate? Will Lori claim her children on her taxes? Or not file at all? That is something that the feds can look at...

jash, loganlocal, Minty Fresh and 6 others like this.
  16. Sticksandspades

Was there ever a statement by BYU-Idaho in Rex confirming/denying if Tylee was ever enrolled?

HayLouise, kye0001, Kudzu and 3 others like this.
  17. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Yea, and because it's such a vast wilderness area around Rexburg the bodies might never be found. So, no body, no crime.
    So far we have:
    1) Charles is killed, Alex claimed self-defense, at least some information suggest that self-defense claim is bogus, and there actually was a motive for wanting Charles dead (life insurance that Lori believed was going to be hers). But Alex is dead himself, Tylee and JJ (potential witnesses to at least some of it) are missing, and I guess LE doesn't feel they can prove premeditation.
    2) Tammy is dead of "natural causes" which I believe were not natural at all. Autopsy was not done right away, body was embalmed and buried for nearly two month, which interferes with toxicology. Might never be able to figure out what actually killed Tammy.
    3) Brandon was shot at. Whoever shot him was driving a car registered to Charles Vallow. For whatever reason LE can't seem to figure out who the shooter was.
    4) Children are missing, and could be dead, but no body no crime.
    5) Alex is dead. Autopsy was done, toxicology is being done, so far no results released. Can LE figure out why he died and who is responsible? Remains to be determined.
    Meanwhile Lori and Chad are sunning themselves in Hawaii.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. noel96

noel96 Member

Shortly after the deadline had passed for her to produce the kids, I came across a related news article. While skimming the comments, I came across one from someone who was familiar with the laws in Idaho. Apparently, as far as her not producing the kids, the only thing she is guilty of is misdemeanor contempt of court. Afterwards, I spent a few minutes researching to verify that, and it does appear to be the case. Unfortunately, most states aren’t going to extradite on a misdemeanor. So, hopefully there’s more going on behind the scenes, and they’re carefully building a bigger case.

jash, scarletstar, carbuff and 2 others like this.
  19. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I don’t recall seeing that. I will dig around and see if I can find one though. That would be interesting. Surely a local reporter could interview a regular Zumba attendee to see if that were the case?!
    I’m not sure he would be classified a professional. But with a little searching it is quite easy to find he has gun experience.

20. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was him in the storage with Alex on Oct 28, but apparently that was Chad. Maybe Melani's husband and Alex's wife only played a supporting role (as convenient spouses) in this saga and didn't know more than they had to.

Trouble1321075 and mickey2942 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.