ID ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queasy Gumshoe

Queasy Gumshoe Well-Known Member

I
    am originally from Iowa and there used to be a t-shirt that said I got to the university of Iowa in Idaho city, Illinois

2. utahobserver

utahobserver Well-Known Member

I do not think that Lori would be accepted in an FDLS community. She lacks modesty of any kind.

3. Queasy Gumshoe

Queasy Gumshoe Well-Known Member

blurp blimp whoops

4. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

Very unlikely, for a host of reasons. Lori may not personally have a filing obligation as she didn't work and probably had minimal taxable income. Charles was self employed, presumably his business income would be reported on his 1040, if he had paid enough in through estimated tax payments then he would not have a liability, same for Chad, although both would have a filing obligation. Simply failing to file a return wouldn't be tax evasion in and of itself. And there would be multiple letters from the IRS, then liens placed on assets (if the IRS estimated a liability), etc, which would take a long time.

j_in_c, Avocado49, Dontknow? and 2 others like this.
  5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona are vast and sparsely populated. it is truly the wild west. You can pretty much drive 25 miles in any direction from major towns and dispose of a body that will never be found. Pings and Gps can narrow a search some and still not bring you close. If my math is right, we are talking about searching 4 million square miles. A gas station video from Winnemucca, Nevada last September, isn't going to tell you where the kids are today.

It has been explained so many times why these two have not been arrested, that I have nothing to add.

6. BigAl16

BigAl16 Well-Known Member

There is no reason to believe Lori, Chad, or anyone else had anything to do with FLDS. Chad, Lori, and crew's brand of fringe relgious beliefs are significantly different from the mainstream Mormon beliefs and the FLDS beliefs are significantly different from the FLDS beliefs. From what we know of Lori there is no way the mysoginistic FLDS practices are something Lori would go for. There are other Mormon splinter groups that are less focused on polygamy that were discussed here earlier today that could have had influence on where Chad and Lori's twists on Mormonism have gone, but the FLDS is completely the wrong direction.

7. KonaHonu

KonaHonu Well-Known Member

Who went to Mexico and where? This is new to me.

8. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Nate Eaton - Reporter
    2 mins ·
    Just got this email. Thanks to everyone who watched. We will stay on this story and will not rest.

[​IMG]

jash, HayLouise, MelodyLane and 22 others like this.
  9. Randocalrissian

Randocalrissian Verified Family Friend of Chad and Tammy Daybell

Slightly off topic - the missionary friend was speaking hypothetically, as in “If you were spoken to by God”... In response to your question, and knowing that this post will most likely be removed for being religious / OT, the LDS belief system on personal revelation can easily be googled.

10. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

RSBM
    JJ is special needs, and was on medicine which they have records on showing the RX hasn't been refilled. Along with getting rid of his service dog, I would think would be sufficient to make a case for neglect.

jash, scarletstar, janewall and 12 others like this.
  11. utahobserver

I think this may have been deliberate. I think they were working within the constraints of LE. This was such an early case Dateline. It seemed to me that it was being aired so soon to apply more pressure. I feel like once some sort of resolution occurs they will do a follow-up - hopefully with an interview with Lori in an orange jumpsuit.

12. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

Alex choosing to take his wife's name makes me think this was his first step in creating a new identity. But, I'm not sure why, nor can I make a guess at his next steps. I'd like to know if he had some travel plans. (Something more tangible than veil transport)

jash, alter idem, j_in_c and 13 others like this.
  13. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

It's interesting to me that MSM has been brought to heel by LE. I grew up in a time when alternative media still existed (it was right there on the newsstands in the bigger cities - not actually in my home town, but they took us on field trips to Los Angeles, ha). TONS of alternative perspectives.

Today, it's only people like Chris Hanson or other Dateline/48 hours style TV journalists who go for this. There are some exceptions, but most of the deep dives into people's upbringing/psychology are happening on podcasts (and it's not professional journalists, but often someone with a hometown interest). There are exceptions, but I wish more journalists would do actual investigative journalism. Journalism programs are collapsing because the profession is so low-paid and is often a gig economy job for years after graduation. They make less than uber drivers.

14. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Psychotropic medications, which is not actually medically necessary. Unlike, say, insulin for diabetes.

And getting rid of a service dog, hardly rises to "abuse". Remember, she doesn't have to respond to anything.

I am not arguing with you, I find her actions beyond depraved. But, proving it legally, is another matter.

15. 10ofRods

It's like an arranged marriage between two cult leaders (one offering up brother/brother in law, the other offering a more high status leader person). The two cults were supposed to join, but his wife didn't want to lose or submerge her cult identity into his (of course, she would probably not say she was a cult leader, she's a motivational speaker, right?)

16. 10ofRods

If a doctor prescribes them, they are medically necessary. The brain is an actual organ of the physical body. Psychiatric disorders, untreated, are often life threatening. At the bare minimum, if a kid truly needs their ADD/ADHD (or juvenile antipsychotic meds), they truly need them - their judgment, their memory, their ability to reason their way out of an ordinary problem are all affected.

If a medical doctor (such as a psychiatrist) prescribes something, IMO, it's medically needed until proven otherwise and we should not be second guessing a doctor.

tirzah, TLobo, Colorado303 and 5 others like this.
  17. DogMom146

DogMom146 Active Member

MOO Nate Eaton and Justin Lum have done more investigative reporting on this case than most journalists do on other stories these days. Granted, they’re working with LE in many ways. But they’re still more “boots on the ground” than most journalists on the news.

18. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

Ohhh... I had no idea this could be a cult arrangement. Is this generally how cults of this type work?

ETA: Do you know more about these particular cults? Is this your personal and/or educated opinion? Not being snarky, just very curious!

19. utahobserver

DBM

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

ITA. And Lori and Chad obviously don't believe in polygamy. Lori is married five times, but she only remarried after the divorce or death of the spouse. Chad was married to one woman for 30 years, and only remarried after she died of supposed "natural causes."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.