Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in a pretty liberal state towards homeschooling as well. There is no oversight either, but you do have to remove your child with the appropriate paperwork from the public school system.

I can’t imagine they would quote the school Kennedy elementary as saying he had not been seen there since September 23 if indeed they knew she was homeschooling.

Another thought I have in regards to the medicine JJ takes. If it is a controlled substance like Adderall. There are controls, government controls, on that medicine that would allow them to see the last time it had been filled anywhere.
Yes, per grandfather, Joshua was taking medication daily (that is tracked and would allow to see if it was filled) but prescription for it hasn't been filled.

I think it was discussed that they were on the same podcast or show together years ago
I don't think the Preparing a People conference group actually existed 7 years ago. I speak as one who is affiliated with other groups related to that one. It's been in the last 2-3 years that things like this have popped up. It's likely that they ran into each other somewhere else IF they did know each other that long. The LDS world is a small one many times. People in Idaho, Utah, and Arizona are constantly running into people they know from the other states. Because Daybell was a publisher for several years (since 2004) she may have met him at some other conference sort of gathering.

If they met through Preparing a People it would likely have been in the last 12-18 months.

And while Lori and I were friendly and got along great, and I trusted her with the care of my daughter for months at a time and she trusted me with Tylee...
Lori was taking care of your daughter for months at a time? Please get verified insider status so you can openly share your experience and perspective @echoecho222

I’m in a pretty liberal state towards homeschooling as well. There is no oversight either, but you do have to remove your child with the appropriate paperwork from the public school system.

I can’t imagine they would quote the school Kennedy elementary as saying he had not been seen there since September 23 if indeed they knew she was homeschooling.

Another thought I have in regards to the medicine JJ takes. If it is a controlled substance like Adderall. There are controls, government controls, on that medicine that would allow them to see the last time it had been filled anywhere.

Because the schools rely upon records of enrolled students for funding purposes, this is why they want parents to excuse absences because that funding can be withheld for children who are not excused when absent. It's likely that there is some kind of notification you do have to give the school in order to withdraw the student. You have to withdraw your student from a school when you move for these same reasons. Based on the lack of mentioning that the school had any withdrawal notice, I'm going to place my bet that they didn't bother. So if they were intending to homeschool, they did it wrong. That would easily be rectified by showing that the child was safe and well though - and they have not done this.

I lean more toward thinking they are paranoid for some reason. I wonder if there is bad blood between the Vallows (bio grandparents) and Lori since so much of this revolves around Charles and his death.

I don't think the Preparing a People conference group actually existed 7 years ago. I speak as one who is affiliated with other groups related to that one. It's been in the last 2-3 years that things like this have popped up. It's likely that they ran into each other somewhere else IF they did know each other that long. The LDS world is a small one many times. People in Idaho, Utah, and Arizona are constantly running into people they know from the other states. Because Daybell was a publisher for several years (since 2004) she may have met him at some other conference sort of gathering.

If they met through Preparing a People it would likely have been in the last 12-18 months.

very helpful, thank you for your insight!

When police came looking for the kid, if the kid was available to show, I presume they (Chad and Lori) would have done so. Instead they took off. So I don't think they can produce the kid to show police that the kid is alive and well. Even in the lawyer's statement, lawyer didn't claim that children were alive and well, instead saying something to the effect that Lori resents if people didn't think she is a devoted mother.

When police came looking for the kid, if the kid was available to show, I presume they (Chad and Lori) would have done so. Instead they took off. So I don't think they can produce the kid to show police that the kid is alive and well. Even in the lawyer's statement, lawyer didn't claim that children were alive and well, instead saying something to the effect that Lori resents if people didn't think she is a devoted mother.

They sure did take off fast. I keep thinking about that. You know they dropped and ran. They had to have left virtually everything behind. I wonder if LE found any evidence the children had been there recently?

Because the schools rely upon records of enrolled students for funding purposes, this is why they want parents to excuse absences because that funding can be withheld for children who are not excused when absent. It's likely that there is some kind of notification you do have to give the school in order to withdraw the student. You have to withdraw your student from a school when you move for these same reasons. Based on the lack of mentioning that the school had any withdrawal notice, I'm going to place my bet that they didn't bother. So if they were intending to homeschool, they did it wrong. That would easily be rectified by showing that the child was safe and well though - and they have not done this.

I lean more toward thinking they are paranoid for some reason. I wonder if there is bad blood between the Vallows (bio grandparents) and Lori since so much of this revolves around Charles and his death.
Well, they reportedly belong to doomsday day preppers, so I presume "paranoid" is kind of implied, no? Don't think bio grandparents are too fond of Lori as of now, considering grandma's brother Charles was shot and killed by Lori's brother in supposed self-defense (and Charles wasn't alive to tell his part of the story), and that their grandchild JJ is nowhere to be found as of now. Who exactly would be too fond of her in such circumstances?

Just to be clear: If you are referring to me as "that particular mother" here, this is further proof of your lack of knowledge. For one, I don't know you at all and you don't know me. Further: Neither my daughter nor I are involved with the LDS church and have not been for several years. And while Lori and I were friendly and got along great, and I trusted her with the care of my daughter for months at a time and she trusted me with Tylee, we never reached the level of friendship that you refer to as kissing Lori's *advertiser censored* from Day 1. None of your comments are helpful, and only prove your lack of knowledge and bias. Try sticking to what you actually know to be fact and keep your useless, biased opinions out of it. Go ahead and report this one too, to whoever reported my last comment. I find no credibility when this type of bs is allowed and "liked" by so many

No, you're not the person I was referring to so I believe we are talking about different facebook posts.

I had to go find your post now & I see the similarities between them in regards to losing contact around the same time, so I understand the confusion but I was not talking about you.

I also went back & checked her post again & I see now that it isn't public so maybe I misunderstood which post the commenter was referring to since I hadn't seen yours at that point.

Last edited:
I'd also like to clarify something. Apparently we need to be careful in taking everything in print as complete fact. The Daily Mail story has got an error in it.

Daybell founded a group called Preparing A People. On its website, he describes himself as 'author, publisher, speaker, visionary.'
(stated by: Rosetti, a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of California, Riverside)

Preparing A People is not founded by or run by Chad Daybell as stated in the article. That group was created and is run by Mike and Nancy James. Chad Daybell was only ever a guest speaker periodically, and sometimes included in the network of various podcasters featured on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23