ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

The Pocatello thread is great. Yeah, the killer in this case has killed quite a few times. V should have been in jail ages ago. I really want them to find Pearson's body.

The Pocatello thread is great. Yeah, the killer in this case has killed quite a few times. V should have been in jail ages ago. I really want them to find Pearson's body.

I was just doing some reading and came across this:

NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Asha disappeared less than 30 miles from where Prime Suspect was living at the time.

LE found her book bag double-bagged in plastic and nearby was a pair of men's khaki pants.

**Steven Pearsall was last seen wearing khaki pants.**

I left a tip with FBI.

I also wonder about Crystal Morrison. She disappeared 22 miles from Prime Suspects place in Mint Hill. Probably a stretch, but I really don't believe this guy ever stopped killing.

CLARKSTON, WA - "The Phantom of the Civic Theatre," a new episode of the Investigation Discovery Channel's " Dark Minds " true-crime show, will air on Wednesday. The show will air at 9:00 p.m. (PDT), and will feature several missing persons and murder cases in the Lewis-Clark Valley.

It has been rumored for years that one man was responsible for the disappearance of 12-year-old Christina White. She was last seen in Asotin on April 28, 1979 after she went to a home in the 500 block of 2nd Street to get a wet towel to cool off and use the phone to call her mother.

The "person of interest" is also mentioned in the murder of 22-year-old Kristen David, who disappeared on June 26, 1981 while riding her bike from Moscow to Lewiston on her way to work at the former Twin City Foods plant. Her torso and leg, which were in a plastic bag, were found floating downriver from Red Wolf Crossing Bridge by fishermen eight days later. Other body parts were found the following day in plastic bags.

Then on September 1, 1982, three people disappeared from in or near the Lewiston Civic Theatre - 21-year-old Kristina Nelson and her stepsister, 18-year-old Jacqueline (Brandy) Miller, and 35-year-old Steven Pearsall. The bodies of Nelson and Miller were discovered on March 19, 1984 by a teenage boy who was collecting cans along the highway near Kendrick. Pearsall's body was never found.

Police have believed that all of the cases could be connected to one killer, but there has never been enough evidence to prove it, and at least two local law enforcement officials have named a former Asotin County man as a "person of interest." That man now lives in a suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina.

<modsnip>

If anyone has any information that could help investigators, they are urged to contact the Lewiston Police Department at 208-746-0171, the Asotin County Sheriff's Office at 509-243-4717, or independent investigator Gloria Bobertz at gbobertz@yahoo.com.

http://lcvalley.kxly.com/news/crime/125531-discovery-show-dark-minds-looks-lc-valley-murders

Very pleased to see this case getting more publicity.
The lack of it has served the killer very well for decades.

Yes, V needs to brought to justice. But I am curious, is he the lead suspect in Kristin David's murder?

Yes, V needs to brought to justice. But I am curious, is he the lead suspect in Kristin David's murder?
Well he is certainly MY lead (and only) suspect.
Otherwise it depends on who you ask.
Ive heard it argued that the Kristen David murder "doesnt fit" M.O.-wise.
I dont know what they base this on since the previous victim Christina White has never been found.
And if police are correct (and I believe they are) V was interupted by Stephen Pearsol at the Theater before he was able to fully do his thing with the two girls.
At that point he would have had more pressing concerns on his hands like getting three bodies out of the Theater and far away from him and cleaning up any mess there before folks came asking questions.
(an absolute certainty since Pearsol was dropped off at the Theater by his girl friend.)
I have no reason to think Christina Nelson and Brandy Miller wouldnt have ended up floating in pieces in the Snake River just like Kristen David or something very much like it if he hadnt had his act side-swiped by Pearsols unexpected arrival to do his laundry and practice his clarinet.
This is just supposition on my part but Im sure he enjoyed the fear Kristen David's murder caused the Community.
How do you top that?
No problem if you happen to have a particular flair for the dramatic.
How about TWO dismembered girls?
In fact an argument could be made that the whole series is a classic escalation of a killer gaining confidence:
First breaking and entering at a mortuary.
Then an easy victim a 12 year old girl.
Then moving up to a college age girl.
Then TWO college age girls at the same time.
God only knows how far it would have went had he not come under L.E. scrutiny.
I sure dont see any problem linking all of the murders to one killer.

I am very confident that justice is going to prevail......and soon! There has been countless hours put into this investigation by a handful of individuals (you know who you are) and I am more positive than EVER before that this killer will be caught! I am confortable to say that all victims have ONE common denominator - that is the prime suspect. We were told that the prime suspect had connections in the community; however, I never knew just how connected he was with various individuals.....enough so that he has been able to garner protection from legal proceedings by playing hard ball (i.e. DNA was not to be used for ANY of these particular cases when it was collected for another string of serial killings). You can run but you cannot hide!

Have the family members of the victims considered a civil suit against LV? Like the Goldman's won against OJ Simpson.

I am very confident that justice is going to prevail......and soon! There has been countless hours put into this investigation by a handful of individuals (you know who you are) and I am more positive than EVER before that this killer will be caught! I am confortable to say that all victims have ONE common denominator - that is the prime suspect. We were told that the prime suspect had connections in the community; however, I never knew just how connected he was with various individuals.....enough so that he has been able to garner protection from legal proceedings by playing hard ball (i.e. DNA was not to be used for ANY of these particular cases when it was collected for another string of serial killings). You can run but you cannot hide!
You nailed the nut of the whole thing: V IS the one common demonitator of all five victims.
And I agree that Justice will prevail.
This case isnt going to go away.

Have the family members of the victims considered a civil suit against LV? Like the Goldman's won against OJ Simpson.
I know at least one of the victim's relatives has not ruled out a Civil Suit as an opition last I heard.
Frankly I think he would be ruled accountable.
But then I still think a Grand Jury would issue an indictment tommorow given all the facts and a chance to do so.

I will say this-there have to be more victims before Christina White. From the time he broke into that morgue to Christina, he had to have killed. And it doesn't escape me that his victims have the name Christina or some variation of that in common.

I don't think V killed Asha. Serial killers usually stick to their own race and V has a type.

Of course maybe they are just interesting to me because they are local.
Naturally LE has played it pretty close with details but Ive probably followed this case as close as anyone so if anyone has any questions Ill try to help if I know the answers.[/QUOTE]

Just watched these cases on ID TV tonight. Can you tell me the name of the POI in this case? Thanks!

Sheerluck if you scroll back in the thread, you will the find the name of the POI. The show was very well done, with the exception of the host. That cheesy Raven business has to stop. What I don't understand, is why hasn't LE gone into that theater with cadaver sniffing dogs to find Pearsol? Have they even thoroughly searched it? I am not so sure that old boy killed the girl in the morgue. I think they need to really look at his background. I wonder if he assaulted anyone as a teen?

http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/santa_rosa_hitchhiker_murders.html

This is a link to info about a series of murders LV should be considered a suspect for. His breaking into the mortuary was around the same time in the same area. Many of these bodies were thrown or dumped like Nelson and Miller.

I have chills right now after reading just a little bit about these cases! There are TOO many similarities. These cases have more similarities to the MO for the prime suspect than any others I have seen so far.

Sheerluck if you scroll back in the thread, you will the find the name of the POI. The show was very well done, with the exception of the host. That cheesy Raven business has to stop. What I don't understand, is why hasn't LE gone into that theater with cadaver sniffing dogs to find Pearsol? Have they even thoroughly searched it? I am not so sure that old boy killed the girl in the morgue. I think they need to really look at his background. I wonder if he assaulted anyone as a teen?
They have had dogs in the Theater I believe and came up with nothing.
Luminol Spray was also zilch because of the Lead Content of the Paint.
I dont think Pearsol is in the Theater(frankly when it came time to dispose of the bodies I think the Theater was the LAST place he would have been hidden.)
He was just dumped somewhere different then the girls either before or after IMO.
It was a freak accident Christina and Brandy were found and there are no shortage of equally remote places where Pearsol could have been dumped in the surrounding area.
Also it should be mentioned that the stretch of HWY proceeding up the grade from where the girls were dumped in the intervening years was widened by construction resulting in tons of rock and dirt being dumped over the embankment covering quite a bit of area almost down to the tree where the girls remains were found .
I havent seen the 'Dark Minds' episode yet though two different people have recorded it for me so Ill see it soon.
I heard that they did a good job except for the cheesy overly dramatic narrative.

Do you think he dumped Steve in the river? Was any DNA taken off the two girls at all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back