ID ID - Matthew Jedediah 'Jed' Hall, 16, Idaho Falls, 22 Jan 2018

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by LisaWL7TR, Jan 24, 2018.

1. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

Police are still searching for a missing 16-year-old teen. The young man's family has provided a photo of 16-year-old Matthew Jedediah "Jed" Hall.

Hall left home at approximately 6:00 AM on Monday 1/22/2018 and left a note threatening self-harm. The Hall family and Idaho Falls Police are requesting the public's assistance in locating the young man.

Hall was driving a silver 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback with a missing driver's side (rear) hub cap. The Idaho license plate number is 8BEF732. He is reportedly armed.

Hall is approximately 5' 10" and 140 lbs. He lives and attends school on the West side of Idaho Falls, which is where he was last seen.

If anyone locates the vehicle matching this description, please do not attempt to approach the vehicle or individual, but rather call the Idaho Falls Police Department immediately at (208) 529-1200 or by calling 911.

https://idahostatejournal.com/news/...6132aed5-f1a4-5d84-921e-0bd90c7c82d9.amp.html

[​IMG]

https://m.facebook.com/idahofallspo...4093.115869028493490/1642239235856454/?type=3[​IMG]

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

3. LisaWL7TR

Update: Search for Missing Teen Continues

Police are still searching for a 16 year old missing teen, Matthew Jedediah "Jed" Hall.

Police notified the public on Monday January 22nd that Jed left home at approximately 6:00 AM that morning and left a note threatening self-harm. He was driving a silver 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback. The vehicle is missing its driver's side (rear) hub cap. The Idaho license plate number is 8B EF732. He is reportedly armed with a handgun, but police do not have reason to believe he poses a threat to the general public.

https://www.kpvi.com/news/local_new...cle_c28ca0ae-02d4-11e8-b3f1-638dc4d0d4b0.html

4. JerseyGirl

5. JerseyGirl

6. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

I hope they will locate him very soon, alive and well. Sadly I fear that this is a suicide :(

7. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

8. LisaWL7TR

9. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

10. cybervampira

11. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Bless their hearts. While that would be amazing if he was, after two months and a threat of self-harm? So unlikely. I hope they find his body ASAP so his family can grieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

13. cybervampira

Southeast Idaho Teen Who Threatoned Self-Harm Still Missing

14. Carpooler

Carpooler Active Member

15. Carpooler

Carpooler Active Member

16. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

It's interesting that they haven't found his car.

17. senora

senora New Member

Is the consensus that he somehow shot himself in the wilderness and disposed of the car? This case fascinates me. How have they not found the car?

18. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

19. the seeker

the seeker Well-Known Member

It is very strange to me, when a car is not located in these situations. I mean, if you kill yourself, you can't hide the car.....but I guess you can hide the car (in a body of water) and then walk out somewhere and THEN kill yourself. But if you commit suicide, why would you even care if your car was found? Makes no sense to me.

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

From the article:

Attempts to locate Jed by his phone have been unsuccessful.

[...]

The one clue of Jed’s intentions comes from a journal left outside when he took the car. Allen was looking near the door where Jed had exited the house and found it in the snow.

The journal detailed items Jed intended to take with him. He listed not only survival supplies, but also plans to disguise himself, blend in so no one would notice him.

Allen said his son enjoyed a show with a similar premise, a 2017 CBS series called “Hunted.” The show was about teams of two attempting to avoid investigators for four weeks. Allen Hall said his son picked up on two mistakes the losing teams made: they used their phones, or they tried to contact friends and family. He would talk with family about the show and how to disappear, but never so intently that they thought he would attempt it himself.

[...]

Allen said he believes his son is smart enough to make it on his own. He said Jed is experienced at camping, including during the winter. Even so, Allen keeps himself ready to leave at any time.