ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually hurts that I am unable to put boots on the ground in this case and Summer Well's case.
I’m sure it does. I’m sorry. I’m hoping Michael didn’t make one innocent (he’s a small child, all his mistakes are innocent) by trusting someone he knew. I know I made one poor decision by trusting someone I didn’t know and am only still alive by fighting back! A small child can’t fight back regardless whether he knew or didn’t know someone who may have approached him.

The police chief also asked people who live in the largely agricultural area to search their own properties by walking fence lines, checking vehicles and any place a child could get into.

“Children move around and they wander. They may have traveled back into your yard without your knowledge,” Huff said, encouraging anyone with information to come forward.

He added: “Maybe you are even afraid to reach out to us. We are here, we want to listen to what you have to say.”
Young Idaho boy still missing despite exhaustive search - KXLY
upload_2021-8-5_10-45-16.jpeg
Young Idaho boy still missing despite exhaustive search - East Idaho News

Last edited:
Checking properties is one thing, but who is checking them? And how thorough?

Soneone posted to say they think he’s very close to home and I can’t shake that feeling as well

I worry about properties that maybe have owners that are out of town, or unable to do a thorough search, or just don't believe that he is on their property.

Your profession is a ministry and you are much valued here on Websleuths.
One of the wisest statements ever posted on WS: jmo

*The actor(s) and their confederates have on occasion, inserted themselves into cases, into social media, into search parties and passed themselves off as "interested parties" for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the progression of the case, evidence gathered and to spread dis-information to the media, other searchers and LE.
Trackergd
SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker
*Quoted with permission. Actually, I now remember you approved me to use it as my signature. I hope it’s still okay…

Last edited:
I can’t handle this one. My 5 yr old just turned 6 a couple weeks ago. I can’t deal. Lucas’s case about did me in. But I’ll never regret getting into that one , it changed my life and his case is honestly what saved my little guys life. Thanks to lucas he made it to 6. But these cases can become to much. I pray for this baby. I’ve not even read more then the first page.
I got to invested in summers I’m
Still not able to process all that. But not another missing 5 yr old. God bless these babies.

No matter how many cases I follow here it never ceases to amaze me how people just up and disappear without a trace. POOF and they're gone. Obviously, that's not what happens but it sure does feel that way sometime.
And friends and family wonder why I am as close to a helicopter parent as they come!!
Praying for this little guy and his family. I CANNOT imagine the torture of being in this situation.

I can’t handle this one. My 5 yr old just turned 6 a couple weeks ago. I can’t deal. Lucas’s case about did me in. But I’ll never regret getting into that one , it changed my life and his case is honestly what saved my little guys life. Thanks to lucas he made it to 6. But these cases can become to much. I pray for this baby. I’ve not even read more then the first page.
I got to invested in summers I’m
Still not able to process all that. But not another missing 5 yr old. God bless these babies.
I feel the same way. In fact, I went to check Lucas’s thread early this morning. I reread a few posts. Tears welled up in my eyes and brought back bittersweet memories. I thought I was going to have a breakdown over his loss. Lucas is the reason I joined WS. I made some of the best friends I still enjoy today. I think I made one or two posts for Summer and had to split! No, not going there. No way. But now, I know I’m in trouble again. Once I’m in ~ I’m all in! I’m still hoping for celebration of a miracle. I’ll keep my party hat, music and balloons on hand; my tissues are closer by though.

I've tried to search for this info without asking a potential repetitive question - what was Michael's parent(s)/caregiver doing when he went missing? Were they all outside and distracted, do they believe he walked out of the home?

Last edited:
I've tried to search for this info with asking a potential repetitive question - what was Michael's parent(s)/caregiver doing when he went missing? Were they all outside and distracted, do they believe he walked out of the home?
I haven’t seen any MSM/approved sources on that. I believe Websleuths YouTube live had this case on the prepared agenda last night along with a couple other cases. It may have been addressed there or possibly in comments on a Fruitland PD post.

I worry about properties that maybe have owners that are out of town, or unable to do a thorough search, or just don't believe that he is on their property.

I agree. Searches by individuals will vary because of differing abilities and approaches. Familiarity is also a factor. When searching someplace so familiar as their own home or yard, a person may gloss over potential hiding spaces or dangers that might stand out to fresh eyes.

Residents have been very cooperative, according to the police. I'm certain the neighbors who searched their homes and property intended to do a thorough job. Some of us are good are finding misplaced items, however, and some of us are not. Abilities vary. Thoroughness and intensity vary. What seems like a thorough search to one person may seem cursory to another. A possibility one person thinks is worth checking out might seem too improbable to another.

I think there is still a strong likelihood Michael is in the immediate area that was searched and either he came onto the property after the search or was missed in the initial search. I hope yesterday's appeal for people to search their properties again leads to clues or a resolution.

I've tried to search for this info without asking a potential repetitive question - what was Michael's parent(s)/caregiver doing when he went missing? Were they all outside and distracted, do they believe he walked out of the home?
I’m not sure that’s been made clear and this is exactly the reason I have questions. Or…maybe not cause Orson and Orrin’s parents gave almost a play by play and I still have questions.

I thought about that too. But I think based on the response of the community, locals would be aware of those properties and would have gotten permission to search and/or let LE know about them.

Nothing in msm about this.

I listened to the WS live last night just for this case. Trish just played the presser.

I haven’t seen any MSM/approved sources on that. I believe Websleuths YouTube live had this case on the prepared agenda last night along with a couple other cases. It may have been addressed there or possibly in comments on a Fruitland PD post.

I am wondering if the parent who was last with Michael drove a vehicle that afternoon or not.

I am also wondering when Michael was last seen on camera or by another adult.

The police said they have video from 60 different residences or businesses. Surely they have gone through those nearest the home by now and they are still focused close to home.

I wonder what the videos show or don’t show that keeps them focused there. Moo

200 homes have been searched by LE. However, I agree that individuals should search their properties multiple times, as you said MV could have ended up on the property after a first search.

I agree. Searches by individuals will vary because of differing abilities and approaches. Familiarity is also a factor. When searching someplace so familiar as their own home or yard, a person may gloss over potential hiding spaces or dangers that might stand out to fresh eyes.

Residents have been very cooperative, according to the police. I'm certain the neighbors who searched their homes and property intended to do a thorough job. Some of us are good are finding misplaced items, however, and some of us are not. Abilities vary. Thoroughness and intensity vary. What seems like a thorough search to one person may seem cursory to another. A possibility one person thinks is worth checking out might seem too improbable to another.

I think there is still a strong likelihood Michael is in the immediate area that was searched and either he came onto the property after the search or was missed in the initial search. I hope yesterday's appeal for people to search their properties again leads to clues or a resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288