ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there is some strategy to this release. Maybe they really have tons of evidence implicating someone and they just released this to truly bolster that they eliminated all possibilities. But possibly included a real suspect in the mix. That’s what I hope.

It certainly gives me a way to focus my energies. This August listing for a Blue DOdge Avenger is gone now but Nampa in August… salvage with a UT salvage certificate? Could be of interest

Eta: if anyone else wants to sleuth these vehicles here are a couple sample search strings I found to sleuth on google

site:locatepeople.org "idaho" "2010 dodge avenger"

site:xlek.com "2010 dodge avenger" idaho

Attachments

• F0270A52-3044-4E4B-AA43-5D05B4E2F279.png
    F0270A52-3044-4E4B-AA43-5D05B4E2F279.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The investigation includes “doggedly” combing through surveillance video from the day Vaughan went missing. He was last seen in Fruitland, ID in the area of SW 8th and 9th streets, and Washington Avenue and Cornwall Way between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on July 27.

While police say they have identified many people featured in those videos, there are a few individuals they would like to question in case they know anything (although they’re not suspects), including:

Missing-CarPhotos.jpg

Fruitland police released these images of cars they would like identified in connection with the search for Michael Vaughan
  • A 2016-2020 white Honda Pilot seen leaving the area on Southwest 8th St. around 6:47pm
  • A 2010-2011 blue Dodge Avenger also seen leaving the area on Southwest 8th, before turning right
  • A man with dark hair and facial hair, wearing dark colored shorts, no shirt, seen jogging on the sidewalk of Southwest 8th St. near Crestview Park at around 6:15pm.
  • A man with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of Southwest 8th St., down into the park area past the splash pad, towards the lower drainage behind the neighborhoods.
Michael Vaughan: Police search for witnesses, cars in case of Idaho boy
Video at link, worth a listen.

FRUITLAND — Law enforcement personnel involved in the search for a missing 5-year-old boy from Fruitland got “a little spark” recently when someone came forward with new information. Additionally, more money has been added to the reward fund and police will reach out to the public today to help identify four people who were in the area near the time Michael “Monkey” Joseph Vaughan went missing.

“We recently identified a witness who brought forth good information that can really help us with the timelines,” said Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff during a phone interview this morning. “We think it’s going to be very helpful.”

The chief said it was encouraging for law enforcement that despite Michael having been missing for more than two months, somebody who saw something finally stepped forward with new information. As investigators continue to piece together the timeline of July 27 — a critical component of the investigation, Huff is urging anyone else who might have information to step forward.
Police believe new tip in case of missing boy is ‘going to be very helpful’

So is this going to be a stranger abduction? Is that what is being said in not so many words? Or are they simply tying up loose ends so a future attorney can't say there were other suspects which were never investigated?

Good thinking. This may not be as straight forward as it seems. I think the relase is strategic.

I hope there is some strategy to this release. Maybe they really have tons of evidence implicating someone and they just released this to truly bolster that they eliminated all possibilities. But possibly included a real suspect in the mix. That’s what I hope.

It certainly gives me a way to focus my energies. This August listing for a Blue DOdge Avenger is gone now but Nampa in August… salvage with a UT salvage certificate? Could be of interest

Eta: if anyone else wants to sleuth these vehicles here are a couple sample search strings I found to sleuth on google

So is this going to be a stranger abduction? Is that what is being said in not so many words? Or are they simply tying up loose ends so a future attorney can't say there were other suspects which were never investigated?
I'm not convinced with stranger abduction. If you listen to the piece with the media director for missing children she says she spoke to LE and they say there have been inconsistencies in people's stories.

From the beginning it's never felt like a stranger abduction. Then again we're only going off press conferences and limited details that have been released.

Michael Vaughan: Police search for witnesses, cars in case of Idaho boy

I can't help but read into everything they say, especially with this case.

For example, they seem very hopeful in the updates but the guest on Newsnation said she'd spoken with LE in depth and they told her they're not where they need to be.

It felt a bit disheartening at first, but now I wonder if they could be very close to the truth but just not quite ready to call it.

See, I'm reading into everything. Probably wishful thinking but like you say we can only hope.

I wish I could help with the search for vehicles but to be honest I never know where to start. I'm better at finding links than actual sleuthing :D.

It is good to finally see some new information. I wonder if the new witness coming forward with a tip had anything to do with the increased reward.

It sounds like the two men LE wants to identify were seen on surveillance video. If so, I'm surprised that they didn't release the images. They were quoted as saying that they hoped the men would be identified with just the description, but dark hair, facial hair and shorts doesn't sound specific enough for an ID from a day more than 2 months ago. It seems as if they could probably be identified quickly in small town Idaho if the images were made public. They might even notify LE themselves.

I know it takes a long time to gather surveillance video and analyze it. Other than the 2 cars and 2 men, everything else has apparently been identified, and that must have been a lengthy process. It was probably best for the investigation for them to id as much as possible without making it public, and to then to come forward with the few items with which the public might be able to help.

Hoping that there is some forward momentum now!

It is good to see some national coverage; I thought Dan Abrams did a good job. Was glad to hear Angeline Hartmann of NCMEC speak of her conversation with Michael's mother about the day he went missing. If I'm correct, this is the first time anything has been mentioned in MSM about the time prior to him being seen on the street. Still, nothing was said about when and at what time his father first discovered he was missing. The article says that NCMEC is working with the family to write a longer story about Michael that should be ready next week, so maybe that will give more detail. It seems like this should have been done sooner than waiting 2-1/2 months, but it is good that it is finally being done now.

About an hour ago, Fox News showed "Monkey's" picture and said that the police had received a new tip -- glad to see that there is new interest in the national media.

In cross checking some of my car sleuthing results, I happened upon a way better car sleuthing site (at least at first appearances).
Owners of Dodge Avenger 2011 in ID, US | VIN Search

Obviously you have to just change the url to suit your year/model etc.

Now LE must have this info and even better. But I did see connections to the case in the vehicle data and on the off chance the vehicle research team had not made those connections, I did submit a tip. Which believe me, I would only do if I thought they might not realize the connection. Anyway, it gives me something proactive to do which I appreciate.

I am also thinking it could be case of "stranger abduction"..... sadly.....

Even though the case doesn't seem to fit the statistics..... regarding an out of the way location etc ..... in an area of small population ....etc

But nor does a case in Aus..... but it also seems likely that it was an abduction... seven years later and still not solved....

It would have to be an "opportunistic" abduction I would suspect IMO if that is the case???

Even though the case doesn't seem to fit the statistics..... regarding an out of the way location etc ..... in an area of small population ....etc

But nor does a case in Aus..... but it also seems likely that it was an abduction... seven years later and still not solved....

It would have to be an "opportunistic" abduction I would suspect IMO if that is the case???

I've always had an unexplained feeling that someone in the neighborhood took him. I can see the reasons for thinking that it might have been opportunistic stranger abduction, but I still can't get over the feeling that it was someone in the neighborhood.

It could be opportunistic. But I am still wondering if someone in his neighborhood was grooming him for awhile. It seems he had the freedom to play with various friends by walking to their homes to ask if they could play.

That opens up the possibility that someone's father, uncle, older brother, boyfriend, had befriended Monkey and welcomed him to come hang out whenever....

I've always had an unexplained feeling that someone in the neighborhood took him. I can see the reasons for thinking that it might have been opportunistic stranger abduction, but I still can't get over the feeling that it was someone in the neighborhood.
I am sure there will be some "connection" to the neighborhood in some way .... whoever is involved has to have had some reason to be there that afternoon...... even if it's a relative / friend / tradesman of someone living in the street who was just visiting????

I think only 1%, or even less, of child abductions are truly stranger abductions .... most can be linked somehow to the area ...... or persons in the area.....

It could be opportunistic. But I am still wondering if someone in his neighborhood was grooming him for awhile. It seems he had the freedom to play with various friends by walking to their homes to ask if they could play.

That opens up the possibility that someone's father, uncle, older brother, boyfriend, had befriended Monkey and welcomed him to come hang out whenever....
Yes agree, a definite possibility ...... it worried me when I heard that Michael was known to wander around looking for others to play with.....

I agree. I think that's the most likely occurrence since he was gone so quickly. Do we know if when LE was searching residences, were dogs used? Did LE do the searches or did they ask residents to search their own properties?

I agree. I think that's the most likely occurrence since he was gone so quickly. Do we know if when LE was searching residences, were dogs used? Did LE do the searches or did they ask residents to search their own properties?
The police said they did house to house searches in the neighborhood. Some houses several times. The search seemed pretty thorough but who knows. There is a difference between searching anywhere a small boy could have got into on his own and searching everywhere an adult predator could have hid a boy or body. (Opened every bin in attic or basement??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong