ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KTVB update. It is good that they are still keeping him in the local news, even when there is nothing new to report. They talk about the collaborative effort with local, state and federal agencies and they talk to Angeline Hartmann of NCMEC. She would like to see Michael receive more attention in the national news; she says he could be anywhere, nowhere close to Fruitland. Another appeal for info about the white Honda Pilot and the walking man.

'I would like to see this case get more national attention': National agencies continue to aid in search of Michael Vaughan | ktvb.com

Moo: Chief Huff should be doing national media interviews with the child’s family if they really think he may have been abducted. That’s how to get his face out there.

Why hasn’t that been done??

Despite raising the possibility of abduction at the recent press conference, it just doesn’t seem like the investigators actually believe it. They aren’t out there on GMA and the Today Show showing Michael’s photo, videos of Michael, and the Honda Pilot.

They went quiet very early, switching from briefings to social media posts. Then they resurface for one single press conference. That seemed more like a targeted media approach. Targeted to someone who was already following the case, someone who might be moved by the mom. Targeted to the culprit, an accessory, or a witness who had been reluctant to come forward.
JMO

So why take that approach? Why NOT alert the broader public?

Oh to know what investigators know!!

A new interview with Michael’s mom. Her first mainstream media interview!
Michael Vaughan’s mother pleads — don't let his case go cold

Worth the read. I agree with Michael’s parents that Amber Alert criteria should be updated. Especially if a kid as young as Michael disappears, they should get an Amber alert out.

I hope she keeps talking and gets louder.

Imo, LE did this case a dis service by keeping quiet so long. Time is not on the side of cases like this.

Moo.

The Idaho Press article was behind a paywall for me (I have reached my limit of free articles) but I found the following link where the article can be read for free:

Mother of Missing Southern Idaho 5-Year-Old Pleads — Don't let his Case go Cold

I'm glad that Michael's mother is speaking out now. It must be terribly difficult for her to do, but it is so important to get the attention of the major media. It is great news that NewsNation Now will be covering Michael (Wednesday evening.) Hopefully more media sources will follow.

It's heartbreaking to read that the state of Oregon - a whopping 6 miles from where Michael went missing - could have issued the AMBER alert per its criteria while Michael didn't meet the criteria for Idaho. If only he had gone missing 6 miles further west.

That is heartbreaking! Only six miles!

It makes such a difference when an Amber Alert can go out early. As you probably know, last month 2 14-year old girls went missing from their school in AZ, seen getting into a car with an adult male. AZ couldn't issue an Amber Alert because in that state there are 5 criteria that must all be met. LE found the girls 8 days later, arrested the 33-year old man they were with and charged him with kidnapping, 11 felony SA charges, and more. Thank God the girls were found, but had an Amber Alert been issued maybe they could have been found sooner and avoided some of what they went through. By contrast, a few weeks before that two girls went missing in CO (two separate incidents.) In both CO cases Amber Alerts were issued immediately, both girls were found within hours, and arrests were quickly made in both cases.

There are many states that should revise their Amber Alert criteria, and maybe (hopefully) the climate is right for that to happen now.

So mom has started giving interviews. Like the press conference, she’s always alone and usually carrying her youngest around while doing so. Dad is not there, it seems. He was the last one confirmed by LE to see Michael. Wondering why he’s not standing by her supporting her doing the interviews?

So mom has started giving interviews. Like the press conference, she’s always alone and usually carrying her youngest around while doing so. Dad is not there, it seems. He was the last one confirmed by LE to see Michael. Wondering why he’s not standing by her supporting her doing the interviews?

I thought the last people to see Michael were the two neighbors whose doors he knocked on.

From your linked article.

........Vaughan’s mother, Brandi Neal, is desperate to find her son, especially now that the temperature is dropping and winter is approaching.

“[Vaughan] would have come out the garage,” she said. “The front door is pretty hard to get out of and you can hear that opening.”.........

I think this is the first time we've heard how he may have left the house.

From your linked article.

........Vaughan’s mother, Brandi Neal, is desperate to find her son, especially now that the temperature is dropping and winter is approaching.

“[Vaughan] would have come out the garage,” she said. “The front door is pretty hard to get out of and you can hear that opening.”.........

I think this is the first time we've heard how he may have left the house.
She first mentioned that on 12/5 in an interview with KTVB. I can't recall reading it before, but it was late last night when I was working on the timeline and now I can't remember. Michael Vaughan’s mother pleads — don't let his case go cold | ktvb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member