ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police said they did house to house searches in the neighborhood. Some houses several times. The search seemed pretty thorough but who knows. There is a difference between searching anywhere a small boy could have got into on his own and searching everywhere an adult predator could have hid a boy or body. (Opened every bin in attic or basement??)

That's what i was wondering, about the attics, basements, storm cellars, sheds etc. I remember LE asking people to search their own properties but I was sure if any searches had been done by LE. If so, were they door to door, or only on his street etc.? Did they used dogs at all?

That's what i was wondering, about the attics, basements, storm cellars, sheds etc. I remember LE asking people to search their own properties but I was sure if any searches had been done by LE. If so, were they door to door, or only on his street etc.? Did they used dogs at all?
Reports indicate all tools and tech were used sparing no expense. Dogs too. JMO

From Fruitland Police FB Page 8 October
BBM

10-8-21
Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
Michael has been missing now for 72 days. Over the past few weeks, the Fruitland Police Department, the Idaho State Police, and the FBI have continued the search for missing 5-year-old Michael Vaughan. Tips are coming in and they are being followed up on. To date the total number of tips received is 471 through the tip lines and the tips are being assigned to investigators for follow up. We are committed to scrutinizing every detail in this investigation and it is taking time. This remains a very active investigation at all levels and will continue.

As we doggedly comb through the neighborhood surveillance videos for July 27, we continue to discover vehicles and individuals that we cannot identify. We are seeking the public’s assistance with the identification of the driver of a 2016-2020 model year, white, Honda Pilot seen leaving the area on SW8th St. around 6:47pm. We are also seeking assistance with the identification of the driver of a 2010-2011 model year, blue, Dodge Avenger also seen leaving the area on SW8th, but immediately turning right and headed south on South Whitley Drive.

Further, there were two individuals that were seen near the splash pad/ Crestview Park the evening Michael went missing. The first individual was a male adult with dark hair and facial hair, wearing dark colored shorts, no shirt, seen jogging on the sidewalk of SW8th St. near Crestview Park at around 6:15pm. The second is a male adult with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of Sw8th St., down into the park area past the splash pad, towards the lower drainage behind the neighborhoods. It’s very important to understand that these people are not suspects or persons of interest, but it is important to talk to each of them to help us complete the picture of the events that took place that evening.

We are encouraged by the fact that one of these individuals described above could help us bring Michael home safely. We are also encouraged by the fact there are still people out there that did see something, but didn’t feel it was important to report their information at the time.

Recently, a witness brought forth some more vehicle information that could prove to be very helpful with the timeline. If you or anyone you know has any information regarding suspicious activity on or around July 27, in the area of SW8th St., SW9th St., Washington Avenue and Cornwall Way between 6:00pm and 7:00pm we strongly encourage you to contact the Fruitland Police Department at 208-642-6006 Ext 0, or contact us through our tipline at findmichael@fruitland.org .

We have continued the ground search, although it has been limited to those areas identified by investigators as needing further attention. The family is fully cooperative, have complied with all of our investigative requests, and continue to work with investigators. We appreciate the communities support through the kind words of encouragement and prayers. We all remain hopeful.

We want everyone to know that Michael is our priority and we’ll continue to post updates as new information is available. A recent anonymous donation to our reward fund has increased the fund to $40,000.00. We are hopeful that the reward motivates those with information to come forward and help bring Michael home to his family. This reward is available to anyone having information leading us to the safe return of Michael and is available until November 15, 2021.

We continue to ask that you remain vigilant and please share the poster linked here,
https://www.fruitland.org/.../VAUGHAN_MICHAEL_JOSEPH..., and to keep him in your prayers.

(20+) City of Fruitland Police | Facebook

Further, there were two individuals that were seen near the splash pad/ Crestview Park the evening Michael went missing. The first individual was a male adult with dark hair and facial hair, wearing dark colored shorts, no shirt, seen jogging on the sidewalk of SW8th St. near Crestview Park at around 6:15pm. The second is a male adult with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of Sw8th St., down into the park area past the splash pad,

Crestview Park at 805 SW 8th Street is, according to Google, less than a 2 min walk for an adult, from Southwest Ninth Street. (0.1 Mile)
Could Michael have walked that way?? Possibly yes......

Parks - City of Fruitland Idaho

we continue to discover vehicles and individuals that we cannot identify.

It is difficult to imagine, that a single possible perpetrator from "out of town", could abduct a child on foot, without the help of a car??

Unless they were staying at a residence close by..... ??? (This part highly possible, IMO)

I have found one motel approx. 2.4miles from the Crestview Park, (805 SW 8th St.), But I don't think you could run with a 5 year old that far, without being seen by someone....IMO

Just wondering if these unidentified persons could have possibly been working together? One on foot, and one with a car?? However, I don't think that is usual in crimes of abduction????

Or possibly one of the unidentified persons seen, also drove one of the cars reported......??? More likely IMO ....

Just food for thought.....

It is difficult to imagine, that a single possible perpetrator from "out of town", could abduct a child on foot, without the help of a car??

Unless they were staying at a residence close by..... ??? (This part highly possible, IMO)

I have found one motel approx. 2.4miles from the Crestview Park, (805 SW 8th St.), But I don't think you could run with a 5 year old that far, without being seen by someone....IMO

Just wondering if these unidentified persons could have possibly been working together? One on foot, and one with a car?? However, I don't think that is usual in crimes of abduction????

Or possibly one of the unidentified persons seen, also drove one of the cars reported......??? More likely IMO ....

Just food for thought.....

I have the feeling that LE is really not looking at these 2 men as suspects. They have said all along that they want to identify everyone who was in the area from about 6 - 7 pm. It is possible that the men might have seen something that they don't realize was important, or have seen something that they do realize was important but they don't want to get involved. I still think that the images of the two men should be published.

It is possible that the men might have seen something that they don't realize was important, or have seen something that they do realize was important but they don't want to get involved. I still think that the images of the two men should be published.
Snipped by me.

I agree it would be helpful but I can understand why they don't. Unfortunately, not everyone is as level headed as you. SM can be ruthless.

Some will view these men as suspects and not witnesses. Putting their faces in MSM could do untold damage to their lives.

I know it's about finding Michael but maybe these men have children and the accusations could potentially be devastating.

WHAT TOOK SO LONG FOR THIS REQUEST TO COME OUT!??!
I think they began the investigation with many vehicles and many pedestrians. Then they had to look into each one and eliminate the cars going to and from homes of innocent neighbours. They probably took awhile doing that---referencing and cross checking vehicles and drivers and eliminating the ones they have searched and investigated. That all takes time.

So they ended up with just 2 cars they cannot account for and 2 people that have not been recognised or identified by the locals they interviewed. JMO

I really hope that locals are being forthcoming about the vehicles.

I think the best hope for identifying the two men is if they volunteer that they were there.

I think I would notice a jogger who took his shirt off or jogged shirtless. You don’t really see that so much these days in my neighborhood. Usually joggers and walkers are regulars. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to ID him, but I guess people have perhaps avoided that neighborhood since Michael went missing making it perhaps harder to find the jogger.

It's quite common on local TV to see a screen shot from security video of an individual police want to talk to as a possible witness, hoping that the public can help identify that person. Since social media is rife with highly opinionated and sometimes irrational people who hide behind a keyboard and user name, I can see how an innocent witnesses life could be significantly and negatively impacted.

WHAT TOOK SO LONG FOR THIS REQUEST TO COME OUT!??!

From post #865 quoting the LE page on Facebook: "As we doggedly comb through the neighborhood surveillance videos for July 27, we continue to discover vehicles and individuals that we cannot identify." And they mention getting new tips as well.

I am super curious about the vehicles. Are they just eliminating both so they can say in the case that they investigated and eliminated all vehicles? Or is one actually a suspected vehicle?

I have to believe that LE already got the list of these makes and models in the area and went through the lists before making this announcement.

So is there a poi with a vehicle of interest denying they were there and Fruitland PD is putting the pressure on?

On the two men, I think that Fruitland police did the right thing by putting out the request without the men’s photos to start with. Give the men a more pointed and specific request to come forward on their own first. Then maybe put out photos if they don’t come forward. (But remember, we don’t know the photo quality. It might be really poor. Better for the men to think it might be clear and come forward).

Eager for updates!!

I have the feeling that LE is really not looking at these 2 men as suspects. They have said all along that they want to identify everyone who was in the area from about 6 - 7 pm. It is possible that the men might have seen something that they don't realize was important, or have seen something that they do realize was important but they don't want to get involved. I still think that the images of the two men should be published.
IMHO Yes. The photos of the "two men" need to be published so that they can be identified immediately. They are not in danger if the publication is handled properly and they are simply wanted for questioning as potential witnesses. Without those two photos, they will not be identified if law enforct cannot make an ID. In addition, from the photos of this child that are being released it is clear that they have a suspicion that this child might possibly have been trafficked and abused or possibly show up in some child abuse material. Not only are those photos imperative to ensure that these "two men" can be identified, but for the groups that scan the net for abuse sites on the web and dark web, photos could easily pinpoint where this child is and who they were taken by. A child of that age did not likely die from a freak accident wandering away from their house. They were likely picked up by a pervert or a trafficker. The faces of these men needs to be released. The biometric software that law enforcement has may not be able to find a match, especially with facemasks being the norm, but familiars and people who have seen these men with or without masks may be the best option they have. Standing by for them to release the best quality images of these two "possible witnesses" that they can muster. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member