ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Can someone remind me if LE or msm has confirmed he was sseen on video?
TIA!

I don't have time to look for the link right now, so I'll say IMO - in one of the authorized video interviews, mom said that there was only one camera on their street at that time, and unfortunately it faced the driveway and not the street, so Monkey was not seen on camera.
I did a typed transcript of that video, and remember typing it. (Transcript is either in this thread or thread #1.) IMO

ReadySet

Reaction score
I don't have time to look for the link right now, so I'll say IMO - in one of the authorized video interviews, mom said that there was only one camera on their street at that time, and unfortunately it faced the driveway and not the street, so Monkey was not seen on camera.
I did a typed transcript of that video, and remember typing it. (Transcript is either in this thread or thread #1.) IMO
Thank you. That's what I thought. He was not seen on video, as far as we know.

Turkeytrot

Reaction score
I've only heard he was "seen by multiple neighbors outside the home". Never seen it said he was caught on video - if so, why wouldn't we have seen it? No need for LE to hold it back?
This is my recollection as well.. although (IMO) didn't the info about multiple neighbor sightings come from mom? I can't remember anything about us hearing from the witnesses or having any of it corroborated by LE, either.

katydid23

Reaction score
This is my recollection as well.. although (IMO) didn't the info about multiple neighbor sightings come from mom? I can't remember anything about us hearing from the witnesses or having any of it corroborated by LE, either.
I think the neighbour/babysitter said publicly that she saw him outside the home, as he had knocked on her door, wanting to play. She said she sent him back home?

So the question still stands---did he go back home then or not?

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com

ReadySet

Reaction score

steeltowngirl

Reaction score
This version is MSM. And it’s bothered me that he was looking for older neighborhood kids to play with. Did he often play with older kids? Teens?

She says her son was looking for older neighborhood kids with whom he could play.

“He went to a neighbor’s house. And another neighbor’s house, and another neighbor’s house,” Neal said.

ReadySet

Reaction score

Watching presser, Channel 2 Boise
haven't cleared all leads.
Positively identified blue car. Identified man seen jogging.
Have not identified white Honda Pilot. Believe it belongs to resident in area.
Have not identified white male adult black shorts walking toward splash pad. Releasing photo of him, will be on FPD website. want to talk to him.

Questions to police chief: Have parents been cleared? Did not answer directly, said parents cooperative.
Looking into friends and family close to the Vaughans, and outside of the Vaughans.
Have there been anyone you've searched who have been non-cooperativ? Yes there have been.
Multiple persons of interest. No suspects.
Briefly showed both parents and I think the grandfather leaving the presser.

IMO: my take-away is that there is at least one suspect, who has not been cooperative. Putting up his picture to put pressure on him?

Last edited:

ReadySet

Reaction score

Watching presser, Channel 2 Boise
haven't cleared all leads.
Positively identified blue car. Identified man seen jogging.
Have not identified white Honda Pilot. Believe it belongs to resident in area.
Have not identified white male adult black shorts walking toward splash pad. Releasing photo of him, will be on FPD website. want to talk to him.

Questions to police chief: Have parents been cleared? Did not answer directly, said parents cooperative.
Looking into friends and family close to the Vaughans, and outside of the Vaughans.
Have there been anyone you've searched who have been non-cooperativ? Yes there have been.
Multiple persons of interest. No suspects.
Briefly showed both parents and I think the grandfather leaving the presser.

IMO: my take-away is that there is at least one suspect, who has not been cooperative. Putting up his picture to put pressure on him?
Quoting my own post: I must have misheard. I can't find anything about a picture of the splashpad guy being released. Guess I should go get that hearing test. Sorry if I posted mistakenly!

Listened again; the chief did say he was putting up a picture of the splashpad suspect on "his official website" later today.

Last edited:

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
Quoting my own post: I must have misheard. I can't find anything about a picture of the splashpad guy being released. Guess I should go get that hearing test. Sorry if I posted mistakenly!

No, it's there in the article, fourth paragraph:

"A photo of that person will be released to the public later Friday."

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

Listened again; the chief did say he was putting up a picture of the splashpad suspect on "his official website" later today.

There is nothing wrong with your hearing. Police chief did say that a picture of the splashpad guy will be released later today. It is also mentioned in the article you linked:

There was also a man seen walking through Crestview Park before the time of Michael's disappearance who has not been identified. This man is not a suspect, but police want to talk with him for additional information.

A photo of that person will be released to the public later Friday.

ReadySet

Reaction score
Picture of the man is in the article

There was also a man seen walking through Crestview Park before the time of Michael's disappearance who has not been identified. This man is not a suspect, but police want to talk with him for additional information.

Fruitland PD released a photo of this individual for the first time on Friday. Detectives also released a new image of a white Honda pilot -- hoping to verify the owner.