ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the latest update about the ground searches, my heart sank. There had to have been a potentially credible tip to lead LE to that location. I'm thinking about little Monkey and his family over the Christmas holiday and still praying for the miracle that will bring him safely home.

This is a short clip of the Christmas Eve Candlelight Vigil.

Michael Vaughan: Candlelight vigil in Fruitland | ktvb.com

A request from the Administration and Moderation team:

Please check BEFORE you post a link that is questionable.

We need some time to research a site to determine if it is in line with Websleuths high standards.

If you post a link first then ask if it is approved after it is already posted, all the replies to your post make it more difficult to clean up if the link is not approved. It is problematic to do it that way.

I know the old adage is that it is better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission. That doesn’t fit on WS where there are thousands of posts everyday, and only a handful of VOLUNTEER moderators to manage all those posts and replies and the alerts that come from them.

THANK YOU for remembering to check with us FIRST (in an Alert or PM) BEFORE you post a link that you are unsure of.

The recent link that was the subject of an inquiry on this thread is being looked at carefully.

We will let the member know if it is approved.

Thank you to @CocoChanel and the moderators for taking the time to review and approve SpotCrime.com !

I found that by looking at Payette County on this site there were a number of interesting crime reports in Fruitland that could potentially be relevant to this case. The most interesting was this:

The evening before Michael was reported missing there was a report of a suspicious subject in his neighborhood (500 block of Cornwall Way) at 7:25pm. Almost exactly 24 hours before Michael was reported missing.

https://spotcrime.com/crime/164639072-4ed6caf1426967d43329ac5fac8b24e7

I
would be very interested to hear about this suspicious subject! Could it be the same subject who was responsible for Michael’s disappearance???

I agree. It’s quite notable to me they released this location, apparently they want the suspect or suspects to know they are onto them.

Did they finally get the vehicle gps info from the right vehicle or the mobile phone records for the right phone?

I hope they are getting close!

And they probably want people to know they're searching there so if they saw anything that they didn't realize was suspicious, they can report it.

A request from the Administration and Moderation team:

Please check BEFORE you post a link that is questionable.

We need some time to research a site to determine if it is in line with Websleuths high standards.

If you post a link first then ask if it is approved after it is already posted, all the replies to your post make it more difficult to clean up if the link is not approved. It is problematic to do it that way.

I know the old adage is that it is better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission. That doesn’t fit on WS where there are thousands of posts everyday, and only a handful of VOLUNTEER moderators to manage all those posts and replies and the alerts that come from them.

THANK YOU for remembering to check with us FIRST (in an Alert or PM) BEFORE you post a link that you are unsure of.

The recent link that was the subject of an inquiry on this thread is being looked at carefully.

We will let the member know if it is approved.
Where does one go/post to ask?

Thank you to @CocoChanel and the moderators for taking the time to review and approve SpotCrime.com !

I found that by looking at Payette County on this site there were a number of interesting crime reports in Fruitland that could potentially be relevant to this case. The most interesting was this:

The evening before Michael was reported missing there was a report of a suspicious subject in his neighborhood (500 block of Cornwall Way) at 7:25pm. Almost exactly 24 hours before Michael was reported missing.

Crime at 500 BLOCK OF CORNWALL WAY on 07/26/2021 7:25 PM

I
would be very interested to hear about this suspicious subject! Could it be the same subject who was responsible for Michael’s disappearance???

Thank you, @MoeInVA -- I use it too, but only for incidents within a certain radius of our residence. I may broaden it now, knowing its other capabilities, and it's good to know it has been checked and approved by our Mods.

Ummmm, don't like that report from SpotCrime, but I'm certainly glad to see that type of warning is covered by S/C.
SMH and hoping against hope. Oh, that is suspicious indeed. It took my breath away for a bit, and my heart sank, along with many others here, I'm thinking.
At least it's something for LE to consider. I'm still hoping for good news for this little boy and his family, but it's a tuff hope.

Where does one go/post to ask?
I was advised to private message a moderator OR hit report on ANY post in a thread and then say in the report note:
I am not actually reporting this comment, I am reporting to ask a moderator if the following link or source is approved or can be approved for this thread. (ADD LINK OR SOURCE IN QUESTION)

I wanted to bring up this response Idaho State Police sent to News Nation Now reporter Markie Martin:
https://twitter.com/markiemartin/status/1468714978794344448?s=21

Key point of interest—- ISP emailed on 12/8/21 that Fruitland Police said in November that: “no evidence exists to confirm abduction

So from this, I *think* we can conclude Michael was not seen taken by an adult and there has been no evidence of Michael being in a vehicle or home where he was not expected to be. Nor is there evidence of a suspected abductor carrying him or getting rid of evidence with Michael’s DNA on it.

My questions for Fruitland PD:

1. Have you identified the Honda Pilot yet? The vehicle, if not the driver?

2. What was the description of the suspicious subject reported on Cornwall Way the night before Michael was reported missing?

3. When did the Honda Pilot enter the neighborhood?

4. Do you believe Michael was taken in the Honda Pilot?

5. Do you believe/ has your investigation confirmed that Michael was seen alive walking by multiple neighbors the evening he went missing (minutes before he was reported missing as discussed by his mother in interviews)?

6. Who was the last person to admit seeing Michael and where exactly was he/ which way was he heading?

In December, the Fruitland Police Chief said:
The highest probability at the time of notification was that he wandered off,” Huff, the Fruitland police chief, said in an email to the Idaho Press. “As a result, we did not meet several of the criteria necessary for the Amber Alert. I’m sorry to report that we still do not meet the criteria.”

My Question: After months of thorough searches have failed to turn up Michael, what’s the highest probability scenario now???

source: Michael Vaughan’s mother pleads — don't let his case go cold

911 call the morning after Monkey disappeared- a hang up at
2800 BLOCK OF NW 4TH AVENUE

any relation???

Crime at 2800 BLOCK OF NW 4TH AVENUE on 07/28/2021 11:28 AM

(Yes spotcrime.com is full of leads, yes I will keep this thread alive as much as I can).

ETA remember that Fruitland is the size of a city high school! They get a couple 911 calls per day routed to county sheriff.

Last edited:
911 call the morning after Monkey disappeared- a hang up at
2800 BLOCK OF NW 4TH AVENUE

any relation???

Crime at 2800 BLOCK OF NW 4TH AVENUE on 07/28/2021 11:28 AM

(Yes spotcrime.com is full of leads, yes I will keep this thread alive as much as I can).

ETA remember that Fruitland is the size of a city high school! They get a couple 911 calls per day routed to county sheriff.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

I have a hard time believing he wandered away and hasn’t been found. I have a hard time believing he wandered away and the white Honda Pilot seen in the area hasn’t come forward to say they were there for non-nefarious reasons.

How long will we have to wait for news about this little lost boy?
Any organized searches planned? What is LE doing? His parents?
Press conference with LE? Hospital searches? Arrggghhhh :( .

Temperature forecast for Fruitland ID tonight is 22F. Seems to me that it would be too cold to support life overnight especially for a child. IANAD.

Just like in Lina's case, I'm convinced this is an abduction. Watch the kids in your sphere carefully folks, there are monsters everywhere :(

Sadly, I agree. Everywhere, more of them, and bolder than ever, IMO.
This little guy was probably an easy mark -- I presume he was just taking a walk, bored, looking to play with someone, and he was lured to go with whoever it was who had watched him for just a little while. And now he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44