ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ontario City Police Department in Ontario Oregon posted the following on their Facebook page
Ontario Police Department needs your help!

On April 21, 2022, at around 10:00 a.m., an 11-year-old male juvenile was asked to get into a pickup driven by a bald and bearded Caucasian male offering a video gaming card of some sort. This occurred on SW 3rd Ave between 12th and 13th St. in Ontario. The 11-year-old declined and made a quick exit out of the area.

We're looking for an Idaho plated older style, two (2) door small pick-up, dark blue in color with scratched-up paint and a rusted lower body. If you have any information, please contact the Ontario Police Department at 541-881-3201 or Dispatch at 541-473-5125.

Ontario is only 8 minutes from Fruitland. I'm wondering if this could be connected to Michael's disappearance.

Admin do I need to provide a link to the Facebook post?

The Ontario City Police Department in Ontario Oregon posted the following on their Facebook page

Ontario is only 8 minutes from Fruitland. I'm wondering if this could be connected to Michael's disappearance.

That street is just one block from a busy commercial strip. There must be lots of cameras. I hope they get a readable license plate on one of them. Or from others in the region who have seen such a truck and individual cruising the streets.

Random: I wonder if it was trash day or the night before trash day- both the day of this incident in Ontario and the day Monkey went missing. I think rusted out trucks and bearded bald men are pretty common in that area.

Not common in my neighborhood, but I do see rusted out trucks cruise my neighborhood around trash day. I could see such a vehicle head into Monkey’s neighborhood to the fancier areas (Three RiversWay, Cornwall Way) looking for scrap metal or discarded treasures or whatnot.

Thank goodness the 11-year-old got away from that man. The man sounds dangerous and too close location-wise to this case for comfort. IMO.

The public is invited to a ceremonial signing of "Monkey's Law."

Gov. Little to sign Idaho endangered missing persons alert bill in Fruitland

FRUITLAND, Idaho (CBS2) — Idaho Gov. Brad Little will be in Fruitland this week to sign the state's first endangered missing persons alert bill that made its way through the Idaho legislature.

The ceremonial signing will be held on Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Fruitland City Park.

The small town, of course, has seen its community torn upside down over the last several months after 5-year-old Michael Vaughan went missing last summer.

CBS2 last spoke with Michael's mother Brandi Neal in March. She tells us she is still holding on to hope that her little boy will come home. She tells us she's grateful to see her community has come together to bring her son home.

image0+%281%29.jpeg

Last edited:
I live in N Idaho . We recently took a trip to Southern ID. I had never even heard about this until we passed the homemade billboards . Seems like this case never got the National attention it deserves . He’s out there somewhere . There are so many remote wilderness areas in our state but there are also so so many hunters, kayakers, fisherman, hikers, back country trekkers I find it unlikely he’s there . I feel in my gut he’s been taken out of state I84 is literally right there ! Oregon is across the river . I’m thankful for the “monkeys” law but will that help across stat lines ?

Like in the Lindsey Baum case (WA State-2009), a predator was able to snatch Monkey off the street and no one saw or heard a thing. Lindsey's partial remains were found nine years later in a very remote place in the mountains nearly 200 miles away from McCleary.

Look at the Lina Sadar Khil case, she vanished in an apartment complex five months ago. Again, no one saw or heard a thing. It's so frightening!!!

Was there ever an update on the Ontario man back in April?

FRUITLAND, Idaho (CBS2) — The search continues for Michael Vaughan who's been missing now for more than 10 months.

Fruitland Police told CBS2 on Tuesday that officers continue to follow leads.

"We haven't stopped (looking) and we remain hopeful," Police chief J.D. Huff said.

Vaughan, who was 5 years old when he disappeared from his Fruitland neighborhood on the evening of July 27, goes by the nickname "Monkey." In April, Gov. Brad Little signed a new law named after Michael that creates a new statewide missing person's alert.

In the boy's case, an Amber Alert was never issued.

Anyone with information about Michael is asked to email findmichael@fruitland.org or call 208-343-COPS. You can also send an anonymous tip at Crime Stoppers HERE.

What were the circumstances of Michael’s disappearance as you understand them?
Are there any POIs?

What were the circumstances of Michael’s disappearance as you understand them?
Are there any POIs?
It is my understanding he slipped out of the house on his own. He was seen on video camera up (or down) the street. He is either well hidden close by and deceased, or someone evil saw an opportunity and picked him up.

The lack of updates from LE is disappointing.
Makes me fear that they have narrowed in on a suspect but lack solid evidence to charge them with. The “unidentified” driver of the vehicle, perhaps? FWIW I have a hunch that police think they know who was driving that vehicle, but how can they prove it?

Can someone remind me if LE or msm has confirmed he was sseen on video?
TIA!

I don't have time to look for the link right now, so I'll say IMO - in one of the authorized video interviews, mom said that there was only one camera on their street at that time, and unfortunately it faced the driveway and not the street, so Monkey was not seen on camera.
I did a typed transcript of that video, and remember typing it. (Transcript is either in this thread or thread #1.) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson