ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCop

Verified Law Enforcement (retired)
Reaction score
Idaho State Police searching for missing, endangered 5-year-old boy | krem.com

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html

upload_2021-7-28_12-41-41.jpeg

The child, Michael Joseph Vaughan, of Fruitland, is 43 inches tall, 50 pounds, has blue eyes and blonde hair and answers to the nickname “Monkey,” according to a news release from Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff early Monday morning.

Michael was last seen on foot at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday near his home on Southwest Ninth Street, and was said to be wearing a light blue Minecraft T-shirt with dark blue boxer briefs. Officers were dispatched at about 7:30 p.m. He is considered missing and endangered.

ID - ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE* No Discussion

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t you all love to know which cars left the neighborhood that afternoon/evening and when? I’d love to see that list.

It really seems likely Michael was removed in a vehicle.

Was it the white Honda Pilot?
Or was it a “known” vehicle from someone living or working in the neighborhood?

Wouldn’t you all love to know which cars left the neighborhood that afternoon/evening and when? I’d love to see that list.

It really seems likely Michael was removed in a vehicle.

Was it the white Honda Pilot?
Or was it a “known” vehicle from someone living or working in the neighborhood?
bbm
My first thought, too. Even with only the driver in a car, snapping him up and putting him in the car with a seat-belt to keep him still would take only seconds -- maybe tie or tape up his hands and legs. It may have been fairly dark when/if he was kidnapped. Then threaten him after he's buckled down, and get on down the road. With two people, it would be even quicker and easier.
Hoping for good news soon -- I just want to hug him and make him feel safe, as we all do, I'm sure...

bbm
My first thought, too. Even with only the driver in a car, snapping him up and putting him in the car with a seat-belt to keep him still would take only seconds -- maybe tie or tape up his hands and legs. It may have been fairly dark when/if he was kidnapped. Then threaten him after he's buckled down, and get on down the road. With two people, it would be even quicker and easier.
Hoping for good news soon -- I just want to hug him and make him feel safe, as we all do, I'm sure...
No it wasn't dark yet. During the summer months it stays light til nearly 10PM.

bbm
I don’t even think it would be that hard. Simply, hey you can come play with my kids and I’ll bring you back later.

Kids that age are very trusting.

I don’t even think it would be that hard. Simply, hey you can come play with my kids and I’ll bring you back later.

Kids that age are very trusting.
Excellent point, @iamnotagolem. It would probably be just as easy as you say. Sweet little 5 year old.
Hoping he is in a good place with with good people, but that's a tuff hope.

Is this new or did I miss something? Did we know this before yesterday?

"The Fruitland Police Dept. on Wednesday said search efforts over the last few weeks have included more ground searches in a "remote forested area" north of Weiser."

Did this come from a tip? I wonder why they are publicizing this. Surely they have searched many other places they haven't mentioned.

Weiser is a small town about 25 min. from Fruitland.

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. My first thought re: "remote forested area" was one of the tiny mountain towns like Midvale. That's about 25 min. northwest of Weiser. My second thought was Mann Creek, which is closer to Weiser. I checked with a friend who is very familiar with the area, and Mann Creek was their first thought.

As you drive up past the Mann Creek Reservoir, it becomes a dirt road and forested and it can get pretty remote. I've been up there quite a few times with my friend.

Is this a message to someone? Are they telling someone they are getting close? Do they already have a go0d suspect? Do they just need to find Michael's location? Did the increased reward bring better tips? Why are the family speaking out more now? Message to someone?

IMO FPD and the other agencies have this.

IMO perp would have to be familiar with a "remote forested area."

The search for Michael Vaughan: investigators have received more than 700 leads | ktvb.com

Last edited:
Wonder what lead them there?

Probably simply because it's a good place to take cover and do things or hide for a few minutes -- the searchers would certainly look for a child in woods or other such hiding places. If there were a kidnapper, and he/she picked him up, maybe the possible molester/kidnapper heard someone and hid for a while. Or stashed evidence or a body there. Hoping they don't find anything that looks bad for that cute little boy.
Too many days, too many days. SMH for him and his family.

Is this new or did I miss something? Did we know this before yesterday?

"The Fruitland Police Dept. on Wednesday said search efforts over the last few weeks have included more ground searches in a "remote forested area" north of Weiser."

Did this come from a tip? I wonder why they are publicizing this. Surely they have searched many other places they haven't mentioned.

Weiser is a small town about 25 min. from Fruitland.

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. My first thought re: "remote forested area" was one of the tiny mountain towns like Midvale. That's about 25 min. northwest of Weiser. My second thought was Mann Creek, which is closer to Weiser. I checked with a friend who is very familiar with the area, and Mann Creek was their first thought.

As you drive up past the Mann Creek Reservoir, it becomes a dirt road and forested and it can get pretty remote. I've been up there quite a few times with my friend.

Is this a message to someone? Are they telling someone they are getting close? Do they already have a go0d suspect? Do they just need to find Michael's location? Did the increased reward bring better tips? Why are the family speaking out more now? Message to someone?

IMO FPD and the other agencies have this.

IMO perp would have to be familiar with a "remote forested area."

The search for Michael Vaughan: investigators have received more than 700 leads | ktvb.com
I agree. It’s quite notable to me they released this location, apparently they want the suspect or suspects to know they are onto them.

Did they finally get the vehicle gps info from the right vehicle or the mobile phone records for the right phone?

I hope they are getting close!

Wonder what lead them there?
Exactly my question -- maybe a tip that someone saw a man with a little boy near there or walking into those woods. SMH.
Sounds like LE is doing what they can. You know this kind of thing bears down on their hearts, too. They have sons, grandsons, etc. Power to those folks who are searching and trying to solve this scary situation.

Searching a forested area brings me back to reality that this little guy is likely deceased and it just breaks my heart. I keep hoping some lady picked him up to give him a loving home that she delusionaly didn’t think he had.

When I read about the search I got a sense of profound sadness. To the point I couldn't comment until now.

I understand that sentiment, @SuziQ -- there are too, too many people who are sad on this Christmas Eve, and on other holidays around this time. Grieving a lost one, or still hoping for a lost one to be okay and to be home soon.

Happy Holidays, Websleuthers!
Special thoughts for our Mods!!
And let us not forget to think positive thoughts for everyone at this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend