ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with you that I find a lot of them pretty delusional as well. But, with that said, I guess it will be relative to what you are used to. I am from Canada, and when I have traveled to the Southern USA, I get culture shock from the religious thinking/talking/living down there. So, from that I am gathering, those deep Christian views, ideas, and beliefs will be more likely to feel way out there to me.

JMO MOO
I live in the Southern US, and there aren't a lot of people who would be so delusional to claim that Satan is talking to you through fortune cookies. There are a lot of churches, and a lot of Christians/deeply religious folk, but that kind of thinking isn't exactly common, it is pretty extreme. and is indicative of deeper personal issues IMO

I live in the Southern US, and there aren't a lot of people who would be so delusional to claim that Satan is talking to you through fortune cookies. There are a lot of churches, and a lot of Christians/deeply religious folk, but that kind of thinking isn't exactly common, it is pretty extreme. and is indicative of deeper personal issues IMO
Yes, I can see that as well. I just meant what I said as a general statement. It's not everyone by any means, it's just on a whole. I am basically just saying that there will be a big spectrum of people here coming from different points of view and experience and that will effect their opinion on if her posts are delusional or not. JMO!

Thank you for pointing that out, for folks that might not be aware. I'm a Christian, and I know many, many Christians. However, I've only ever known 1 person who would both call themselves a Christian, and also claim Satan was the author of fortune cookies. That person also has a number of severe mental health issues.

jmo

I saw some very delusional TikTok posted by Sarah. I posted one of them here upthread somewhere.

She warned her viewers about Panda Express fortune cookies. She held one up and said 'these look innocent, dont they?'

But she warned people that opening up and reading that fortune was dangerous because " Satan himself' picks the specific fortune for each person---designed to lure them to the dark side. "

She was being serious. She actually believed that the fortunes in Panda Express fortune cookies are written by Satan and done so with each customer in mind. :rolleyes:

I have seen that TikTok and altho I agree with you it was a bit bonkers, there's plenty of devoutly religious people of all persuasions who believe fortune readings are the devils work, ie tarot, horoscopes, spiritualists, witchcraft etc.

I have doubts about all this. LE feels 4 people were involved and yet a mentally ill woman is the only one charged. And she's now been committed to the Dept of Health. JMO
They were led to the house by someone else other than Sarah though, so what do you have doubts about?.

Whether Sarah is being set up and used due to her mental issues for one.
I'm really not trying to be obtuse, but I still don't get it. Do you mean Michael was never at that house and it's just someone possibly trying to get back at her?.

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, but I still don't get it. Do you mean Michael was never at that house and it's just someone possibly trying to get back at her?.
I'm not sure if he was there or not. Maybe the others trying to pin their deeds on her since I'm guessing they know she isn't well. Obviously, none of us really know what exactly happened but I'm just uncomfortable with this. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82