ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCop

Verified Law Enforcement (retired)
Reaction score
Idaho State Police searching for missing, endangered 5-year-old boy | krem.com

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html

upload_2021-7-28_12-41-41.jpeg

The child, Michael Joseph Vaughan, of Fruitland, is 43 inches tall, 50 pounds, has blue eyes and blonde hair and answers to the nickname “Monkey,” according to a news release from Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff early Monday morning.

Michael was last seen on foot at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday near his home on Southwest Ninth Street, and was said to be wearing a light blue Minecraft T-shirt with dark blue boxer briefs. Officers were dispatched at about 7:30 p.m. He is considered missing and endangered.

ID - ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE* No Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting this thread, I was trying to figure out how to start one.

The first thing I think of in this area is irrigation canals, but I don't know if any are close. Just from looking at map I can't tell. There is a field so there must be ditches, but I don't know about big canals.

I'm worried because he's been missing since last night.

Idaho State Police searching for missing, endangered 5-year-old boy | krem.com

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html

View attachment 306295

The child, Michael Joseph Vaughan, of Fruitland, is 43 inches tall, 50 pounds, has blue eyes and blonde hair and answers to the nickname “Monkey,” according to a news release from Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff early Monday morning.

Michael was last seen on foot at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday near his home on Southwest Ninth Street, and was said to be wearing a light blue Minecraft T-shirt with dark blue boxer briefs. Officers were dispatched at about 7:30 p.m. He is considered missing and endangered.

FRUITLAND — “Cornfields are being gone through row by row, inch by inch right now,” Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff said in an email update this morning about the search for a missing 5-year-old boy. While they haven’t searched the river yet, “due to a low probability,” they are actively searching ditches canals, he says.

Community members may have joined in the search after hearing about the missing child on the Code Red System, which the Payette County Sheriff’s Office used multiple times Tuesday night to alert residents. According to Payette County Sheriff Andy Creech in an email this morning, the first alert was sent at 8:20 p.m. to the neighborhood and the last alert was sent at 11:20 p.m.

“Our drone pilots responded to the area and helped search the area by air,” Creech said. “Our drone has a high-quality video camera and infrared camera.”

Search continues for missing 5-year-old boy

A little info on the area: Fruitland is right on the Idaho-Oregon border. The Snake River is near, and it forms part of the border between the states. I doubt he made it to the river, (authorities stated "low probability") but there are irrigation canals, which have been/are being searched.

This is a very small town, poplation around 5,000. It is really considered part of the Ontario, Oregon greater area.

A little info on the area: Fruitland is right on the Idaho-Oregon border. The Snake River is near, and it forms part of the border between the states. I doubt he made it to the river, (authorities stated "low probability") but there are irrigation canals, which have been/are being searched.

This is a very small town, poplation around 5,000. It is really considered part of the Ontario, Oregon greater area.

ETA: Concerning about just walking into neighbors' houses.

Does anyone think this wording is strange?
Around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Fruitland police were dispatched after hearing a report that 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughn was missing and last seen near his home at Southwest 9th Street and South Arizona Avenue, according to a tweet from Idaho State Police.

Read more here: https://www.i dahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe it’s just me but it makes it sound like LE found out second hand that he was missing, not through a 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993