ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comment is useless. All I have to say is from get go I believed they'd find Monkey somewhere safe and his little self engaged in something cool.

There's just certain kids so enthusiastic. Go, go, go. Neighbors let them get away with things cause they are too darn cute.

This is how I saw Michael from jump start. Gorgeous boy full of life. Spitfire as they called my brother as a kid. Life! Full of life!

It's heartbreaking this beautiful little boy has been missing for so long. My faith once again gets tested.

Mine craft on lil guy!!!!!! Wherever you are.

I don’t know, but I certainly hope they have a POI by now. They have tons of data about who was in the neighborhood and when. I believe this public call for information was to bolster the existing case, by:
  • ruling out the only remaining loose ends (so they can say that their poi was the only person with means)
  • identifying or putting pressure on additional witnesses
  • possibly putting pressure on the POI/ encouraging the poi or people close to the poi to communicate about this alert (communications that may be monitored or obtained with a warrant)
We all know that the POI is usually known to the family. But there certainly are the cases where that is not the case. The police and even media have hardly reported a thing about the hours before Michael went missing. I am still open-minded. There are TONS of RSO’s around there so all worth exploring. But I do not think LE believes this is an abduction. They are just not acting like that. ETA: Ever since they shut down the briefings, they have acted like they are doggedly and privately pursuing a criminal investigation. Moo
in other cases I’ve followed, LE will rule out certain people early on to shut down speculations. If they’re not sure, they’ll say stuff like; They are fully cooperating. We have not ruled anything out yet.

Analyzing visual evidence (photos and videos) is not my forte, however I'll share a couple thoughts just to get the vehicle photos out there again...

On the white Honda pilot, I have gone back and forth on whether or not that light colored blurry spot in the front passenger seat indicates a light complexioned adult was sitting there -- or just a blurry light splotch due to glitch/ reflections etc. Any thoughts??
https://co-a2.freetls.fastly.net/co-uploads/2021/10/cars-Michael-Vaughan-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FB7HQKWXsAURXYf?format=jpg&name=900x900

If there were two adults in the Honda Pilot and none have come forward yet, that is extra suspicious and infuriating.

ETA: I certainly hope that at this point anyone in the area who has a neighbor with a white Honda Pilot that might possibly meet these model years is at least entering an anonymous tip on crime stoppers.

Also, it looks to me like the Fruitland PD may have purposefully blurred out the rear window of the blue car and possibly the front passenger side as well. Do you see how when you zoom in there is a blur line going down from the backseat window toward the door handle? And then again on the front windshield it is blurred on the passenger side and the blur goes beyond the glass to the top corner of the vehicle? It might just be a glitch of screenshotting a low quality video, but not sure.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FB7FQoTXsAMZGLb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not really important since we know police have identified the driver/owner of the blue car.

Last edited:
My main conclusion is that the family’s original timeline/ story did not make sense or check out from the get go (and the family likely did not make the missing report). This might be negligence and/or poor capacity to account for time, not necessarily malfeasance. So I think both LE and family did not want to put the timeline out there. Yet. They quickly moved to Facebook posts so they would not have to answer any questions. Because I think even basic questions would have shed the family in a poor light and yet LE did not yet know who was responsible. MOO.

I'm very curious about the helpful tip LE mentioned earlier this month (bbm):
"Recently, a witness brought forth some more vehicle information that could prove to be very helpful with the timeline"

The following line in that FPD post also seemed notable. BBM:

"If you or anyone you know has any information regarding suspicious activity on or around July 27, in the area of SW8th St., SW9th St., Washington Avenue and Cornwall Way between 6:00pm and 7:00pm we strongly encourage you to contact the Fruitland Police Department at 208-642-6006 Ext 0, or contact us through our tipline at findmichael@fruitland.org ."

On or around July 27th? All the streets… Interesting...

FRUITLAND, Idaho — The community of Fruitland continues to work together to locate the missing five-year-old boy, Michael Vaughan.

Michael was reported missing on July 27, 2021. For the past three months, Fruitland Police, state law enforcement officials and the community have tirelessly searched for him.

Community members plan to host a paint day to create more posters and billboards with Michael's picture to spread the word about his disappearance. Organizer Monique Sprong Petersen said they are in need of supplies to do so.

More at Community efforts to locate missing Fruitland boy continue | ktvb.com

No updates???? This little guy disappeared. Fruitland PD please tell us what you think happened. Please. Even if you do not reveal the POI, we are begging for your theory of the case. So painful.
Yes!! I think it's time they reveal a little more about where the investigation has lead them and what they have been able to exclude.

Yes!! I think it's time they reveal a little more about where the investigation has lead them and what they have been able to exclude.
Have they been able to exclude anything or anyone? Narrowed the possibilities? For goodness sake throw us a bone here, Fruitland PD!!

Otherwise I am gonna have to start sending you all my hair brained ideas based solely on public data…

Your ideas are not hair brained!

Today HPD arrested the AP's of Ariel Sellers (Isabella) for 2nd Degree Murder. I really thought nothing was going on, but they were very busy behind the scenes!!
Hoping to see arrests in this case and for Orrin & Orson as well. These parents who murder their child, then falsely report them missing, deserve harsher punishment.

Hoping to see arrests in this case

I'm on the fence with this case. Ariel's case was clear, have a theory about what happened to O & O, but I have no idea who they should arrest in Michael's case - a true stranger vs. someone he knew from the neighborhood vs. the other possibilities? Are you off the fence?

Thinking about Michael and his family everyday. I hope, hope, hope for his safe return and that answers are found soon.

Article and video below from Nov 9.
———
FRUITLAND, Idaho (CBS2) — It's been 105 days since Michael Vaughan went missing.

But the community is not giving up hope the 5-year-old will come home safe and sound.

"We're just not going to give up, he will come home, he will come home," TC Rau, of Fruitland told CBS2. "And that's what we're praying for...for his mom and dad and the family. And our community -- we want him home, too."

Local, state and federal authorities have conducted numerous searches and followed up on hundreds of leads for the little boy. There's a $40,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Michael.

"We hope that the reward motivates those with information to come forward and help bring Michael home to his family," Fruitland PD said last month.

(Video at source )

Fruitland community not giving up hope after search for boy reaches more than 100 days

Hi all - I wanted to share this post from another case I follow because it gives me hope about the investigation in this case.

In the Diol family arson case, law enforcement was able to get:
- anonymized data on all of the cell phone pings in the area at the time of the crime and then narrow down suspect pool by location /movements/ who was usually there/not; then match vehicles to people
-which google accounts searched the address of the crime in the two weeks prior to the arson
- which of these google accounts searched for news after the crime

I really feel confident that with a missing child, FBI is using all these tools to track movements of anyone who was in the vicinity when Michael went missing to rule them in or out. Anyone who may have been lurking or anyone who may have lied.

CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested

Hi all - I wanted to share this post from another case I follow because it gives me hope about the investigation in this case.

In the Diol family arson case, law enforcement was able to get:
- anonymized data on all of the cell phone pings in the area at the time of the crime and then narrow down suspect pool by location /movements/ who was usually there/not; then match vehicles to people
-which google accounts searched the address of the crime in the two weeks prior to the arson
- which of these google accounts searched for news after the crime

I really feel confident that with a missing child, FBI is using all these tools to track movements of anyone who was in the vicinity when Michael went missing to rule them in or out. Anyone who may have been lurking or anyone who may have lied.

CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested

That is fascinating. I've wondered if they could narrow down who was in the area by the phone pings since there is a narrow time frame. I followed the CS case in Australia and the LE work in that case was brilliant, combining all of the latest technology. I can't wait to read all of the details about the investigation when they go to trial. When CS was found alive and physically unharmed, it gave me hope for Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member