ID - Rape Allegation, Race, Glare of National Media Divide Town

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by los2188, May 30, 2016.

1. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

That is my question as well. The racial epitaphs prior to the assault indicate it was definitely a hate crime. The prosecutor needs to be removed!!! Get someone in there that is not afraid of monetary influence and will actually go after justice!!!

:furious:

2. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Is it possible the third of the group (who is unnamed, and a juvenile) is also Black? As racist as this crime appears, LE is saying it wasn't racially motivated. That would make sense, if the unnamed perp isn't white.

3. Tawny

Tawny Bye

If they were using racist remarks, it doesn't matter what race the third perpetrator is.

4. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

In one of the early stories about this case, I read that these students in this family were the only black students in the area. And, even if one of the perps was black, taking advantage of a disabled person and having them sing songs about the KKK and calling them watermelon eater is racist. The saddest part for me is that this young man was lured into the locker room under the pretense that they wanted to hug him. He probably couldn't consent based on his functioning even if he wanted to.

5. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

BBM
    No matter what his level of intellectual functioning, he would never have consented to submitting to this brutality. I can't imagine the pain, the humiliation, the heartbreak of betrayal.

Not criticizing your post, Kaen. Just saying ...

6. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Keller hasn't been sentenced yet. Let's hope there's enough outrage to change the slap on the wrist the prosecution is supposed to recommend or that the judge is intelligent enough to ignore the prosecutions recommendation and give this :censored: the maximum sentence.

This kid isn't going to change. We'll be reading about him again in the not so distant future.

7. Indy Anna

I was wondering if all had been tried yet. But, John Howard was the instigator and he got a light slap on the wrist. I want to see the coaches tried, too, because they knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it.

8. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

That is what I was thinking too. Penn State and Jerry Sandusky.

9. pineappleexpress

pineappleexpress Newbie

I am so mad at the justice system, or lack there of. This poor kid was subjected to racist comments, physical abuse, and sexual abuse. I can't imagine how those kids involved and the coaches are getting away with this free and clear.

10. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Brock Turner and his friends like Leslie Rasmussen got shamed big time. If Turner can get epic shaming, why not them.

I have not heard anything about this in the news.

11. nanwv

nanwv Well-Known Member

12. kaen

I had remembered some questions about the young disabled girl being raped. Snopes has done a good job vetting out facts versus falsehoods. Unfortunatley, no updates due to the ages of the victims/alleged perpetrators, although they have vetted no rape occurred, no knife was used, and parents were inappropriately supporting the alleged perpetrators.

http://www.snopes.com/three-syrian-refugees-assault-5-year-old-girl-at-knifepoint/

13. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

As horrendous as the new attack was on the disabled teen, I sincerely wish that this case had received the same kind of national attention. :(

I am still fuming over the lack of harsh punishment given for this crime!!

:furious:

14. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

For some reason Idaho likes to sweep this despicable stuff under the rug. They did it last year when a young girl was sexually assaulted by refugees (or maybe they were illegal aliens).

15. kaen

The case in Chicago and this case are so horrific to me. My feeling is that the Chicago perps will be held accountable while the Idaho perps won't be. I would love all the perps to go away for years and years and years. I am just sick over the way people are behaving and the lack of consequences or uneven consequences.

16. kaen

This case was said to not be sexual assault by the prosecutor. But, I think that anyone who harms others should be held to account. http://www.snopes.com/three-syrian-r...at-knifepoint/

17. Gardenista

Incorrect--the five year old special needs girl was sexually assaulted--it is on video and two juveniles have been charged.

18. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Incorrect. Read the snopes. Do some more research. That alleged attack didn't happen like that and wasn't taped.

19. Gardenista

Why would I read snopes when I can just read it on the MSM?

20. Indy Anna