ID ID - Richard Barnett, 2, Grangeville, 31 Aug 1982

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Kat, Aug 29, 2010.

1. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

2. SkyRho

SkyRho New Member

Does anyone know more precisely where Hillcrest Farm was located?
    I've gathered from various articles that it was 7 miles north of Grangeville near Nez Perce but no cross streets are given. I've had no luck googling and examining maps.

Pipsissiway_Potts likes this.
  3. SkyRho

SkyRho New Member

Attached Files:

Pipsissiway_Potts likes this.
  4. Aeryn Leigh

Aeryn Leigh New Member

I understand that the grandparents ran a pig farm. There have been suggestions that he may possibly have been devoured. Additionally this is a remote area and at the time there were many coyotes in the area. It's been suggested that this could have been a possibility as well. Heartbreaking at any rate.

5. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I've been researching Ricky's case for months. I somehow found a post on Facebook about a young man in search of his true identity. "Warren Dean Beth" was the name he posted under. When I saw the photos he'd posted of him (WDB) as a child, I immediately thought of little Ricky. Then I assisted another woman (Spanish-speaking only) in communicating between "Warren", the other woman I met, and the various "searching for birth parents" Facebook pages. After hearing the details, what little he did know, about "Warren's" life, the more I thought of Ricky.

I think the three things that stood out to me the most were 1. the connection of both boys to Mexico 2. the braces once placed on the legs of both boys and 3. the red & blue coveralls (as seen in a photo WDB had and what Ricky was thought to last be wearing) ...
    Coveralls.png Braces.png Passport image.jpg

I have more info on WDB that I've collected in the last year if anyone is interested...

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility? The two of them being the same person?

StarrChance and Mysteries1974 like this.
  6. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

I don’t know what to think of this. If you are positive that it could potentially be Richard then I would contact NCMEC, they can possibly help find out if it might be him or not

StarrChance and MadMcGoo like this.
  7. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I provided this link to the FB Page “Warren” created.... Who Am I

I’m noticing a lot of what I initially saw has been deleted or removed from FB. The other woman I was in contact with and I discussed the possibility he was making the story up, but we both agreed that it was more likely he wasn’t. He was providing very detailed things about what his “foster parents” had told him. Although the information he’s been given seemed to be mostly lies.

-He was bought from an American woman with the intention of being re-sold to another Mexican family. The family backed out after realizing he had a “deformity” - being his ‘club feet’ that required leg braces
    -His birth mother may have died in a car accident in Denver, Colorado?
    -He was born in 1989/90/91
    -His “foster parents” (especially father) were/are very influential people in Mexico and did not hide the fact they did not want him asking questions or digging around
    -He remembers a older American couple who lived in a big house (I think he described a stair case), a man who was in a wheelchair
    -The American couple paid to have his leg braces removed (he remembers them being fairly wealthy)
    -He has photos of the American couple AND his Mexican “foster parents”, including at least one other boy, their biological son (I tried a few times back then to locate photos of Ricky’s family to compare to the ones WDB has but no luck)
    -He claims to have had his DNA tested through one of the websites (I don’t recall now if it was Ancestry or some other place) and received results indicating he had a distant cousin still living in Oregon? But he never could get in contact with any of the men he found with that name in Oregon...

I’m not sure what to think about it all either. The Mexican family who raised him has done everything possible to dissuade him from seeking the truth. So much so that he expressed concern for what they might do if they found out he had turned to Facebook for assistance. Which is, I assume, why a lot of what he’d posted has since been removed. Luckily I saved a lot of that information.

I was hoping someone else here remembered seeing this man’s posts. Even if it’s not little Ricky, it’s a very unsettling tale... (JMOO)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    StarrChance likes this.