ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but I don't think this one will end well.
Too many conflicting reports already, mom has a history of abuse...fractured skull...let me guess, she slipped taking him out of the bathtub or he fell off the couch. That's how these things always happen, leading to a terrible misunderstanding. ~rolls eyes~

I can, will and do hold out hope that this is different from most cases that have these circumstances, but I think that maybe this time when his mother lost her temper, she thought it better that there not be that pesky hospital report to help in her conviction.

Very, very sad, all the way around.

Snipped and bolded by me....
How do you not know the friend this little boy was going to the party at ?! Could some one please explain.....And another thing..why are police saying he was not abducted ? Where is he then do they think he just wandered off and why would this kid be walking alone ? Someone needs to be slapped upside the head a couple of time's until we can get some answers...jmo of course...

The search goes on for missing Boise boy Robert Manwill

Teams volunteers and police, including about 20 agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, have combed the Boise area for Manwill, who was last seen about 9:30 p.m. Friday night in the 2800 block of Cherry Lane.

Family told police he may have been headed to a party at an unknown friend's house.

http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=25073

I hate to say it, but I don't think this one will end well.
Too many conflicting reports already, mom has a history of abuse...fractured skull...let me guess, she slipped taking him out of the bathtub or he fell off the couch. That's how these things always happen, leading to a terrible misunderstanding. ~rolls eyes~

I can, will and do hold out hope that this is different from most cases that have these circumstances, but I think that maybe this time when his mother lost her temper, she thought it better that there not be that pesky hospital report to help in her conviction.

Very, very sad, all the way around.

I must regretfully agree with you here. We got the info about the birthday party from Charles Manwill, Robert's dad. But the thing is...Robert wasn't with his dad that day. So my ASSUMPTION/GUESS/SPECULATION (is that clear enough? lol) is that the story of the birthday party was just a story made up by his mom or mom's boyfriend. Either that or his dad made up the story for some reason...Someone trying to hide something, IMO. A change of story that big is a red flag. Walking out of the house to go to a party vs. Playing outside for 2+ hours and then disappearing.....

Ugh. My brain is going in circles. There are so many possibilities here and unanswered questions. Not to mention the horrible way the FELONY injury to a child was handled.

It's going to be a long day at work...on Websleuths. :crazy:

I think this idiot "Mother" had something to do with it. She cracked her infant's skull??!! She shouldn't have any type of visitation with any child!!!

I think this idiot "Mother" had something to do with it. She cracked her infant's skull??!! She shouldn't have any type of visitation with any child!!!

At the VERY least it should have been supervised at all times.

I read somewhere (sorry, don't have the link handy) that the Mom was at work and he was home with the boyfriend - do you all know anything more about this?

It is 11:00am Central Time, 7/28/09 and I am officially calling BS on the mother and her BF.

He was eight years old and shouldn't have been wandering around outside at 9:30pm!

Another child victim of a negligent and criminal mother and her live in BF. It makes me sick. This little boy is dead and he didn't wander off on his own and fall into a canal. I am amazed that the story is basically that the adults just didn't know what he was up to between what 7 and 9:30pm and he may have wandered over to a party, but no one knows where the party was, or who hosted it. Shut up.

LE is not supecting the family? Ha! That is what they are saying now to keep everyone talking. This woman almost killed one baby already. Right, she isn't suspect. OK. And I am the Queen of France.

I read somewhere (sorry, don't have the link handy) that the Mom was at work and he was home with the boyfriend - do you all know anything more about this?

This was stated by Robert's aunt on another forum that I've linked above. It hasn't been verified by LE, or stated in the media, though. If true, though, it's very concerning.

It is 11:00am Central Time, 7/28/09 and I am officially calling BS on the mother and her BF.

He was eight years old and shouldn't have been wandering around outside at 9:30pm!

Another child victim of a negligent and criminal mother and her live in BF. It makes me sick. This little boy is dead and he didn't wander off on his own and fall into a canal. I am amazed that the story is basically that the adults just didn't know what he was up to between what 7 and 9:30pm and he may have wandered over to a party, but no one knows where the party was, or who hosted it. Shut up.

LE is not supecting the family? Ha! That is what they are saying now to keep everyone talking. This woman almost killed one baby already. Right, she isn't suspect. OK. And I am the Queen of France.

Pleased to meet you, Your Royal Highness!

And might I say, I could not agree with you more.

Hoppy

This is what I mean about our court system. Why on earth was this mother allowed to have him for the summer ? She still should have to have supervised visitation w/ only every other weekend. I'am sorry but to much of this kind of stuff gets way over looked, just not much thought put in to it..MOO

This is what I mean about our court system. Why on earth was this mother allowed to have him for the summer ? She still should have to have supervised visitation w/ only every other weekend. I'am sorry but to much of this kind of stuff gets way over looked, just not much thought put in to it..MOO

Not only that, but the FELONY Injury to a Child was plead down to a misdemeanor, and she served only 30 days in jail.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/...eq=2188030&displayName=Jenkins,+Melissa+Scott

Worse, the rumor is that the baby may be back in her care at this time.

I must regretfully agree with you here. We got the info about the birthday party from Charles Manwill, Robert's dad. But the thing is...Robert wasn't with his dad that day. So my ASSUMPTION/GUESS/SPECULATION (is that clear enough? lol) is that the story of the birthday party was just a story made up by his mom or mom's boyfriend. Either that or his dad made up the story for some reason...Someone trying to hide something, IMO. A change of story that big is a red flag. Walking out of the house to go to a party vs. Playing outside for 2+ hours and then disappearing.....

Ugh. My brain is going in circles. There are so many possibilities here and unanswered questions. Not to mention the horrible way the FELONY injury to a child was handled.

It's going to be a long day at work...on Websleuths. :crazy:

Wait - Maybe Robert was invited to a friend's house for a birthday party while he was with his dad, but couldn't go to the party because he had to visit with his mother. This happens to my grandkids all the time.

So.... Robert is visiting with mom and for one reason or another, he gets upset and decides to walk to the party. He's 8. Time and distance are not major concepts at this point and if he was upset, he wouldn't care, right?

Having said all that, I too am very concerned about Robert's being with his mother, possibily left with the BF and who knows what.

Prayers for this child, may he be safe and home soon.

Salem

That is my understanding.
We also don't know that the boyfriend didn't crack the skull of the 8 month old. All we know is she was charged after the baby came to the hospital a day after the "incident". Whether it was her or the boyfriend I think we can anticipate the outcome of this story. Not good at all, one of the two of them know where he is and how he got there and as usual that is why the stories about wandering at 9:30 and unknown party holders make no sense. Because they are lying.

New Info In Case Of Missing Boy

Boise, Idaho -- The search continues for 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Family members were the last to see Manwill as he walked out of his Boise Apartment Friday. Boise Police are now saying they've never dealt with a case like this, and they're now very concerned for Manwill's safety. Up until this point, they haven't really said that.

Because of his age and the time he's been missing, 72 hours, they're now very concerned for his safety. As of Monday, the standing pond that is in Manwill's apartment complex, has been drained and there's no sign of him in there. They've also skimmed any standing water or canals in the area.

Police have also been in contact with any registered sex offenders in the area. They're really not telling us if they've got any good leads from them. However, they have told us they've gotten over 75 leads, but whether that means actual legitimate leads they're not saying.

Manwill's aunt, who is acting as a family spokesperson, had this to say at Monday's press conference:

"We want you to keep your eyes open, and your ears open we want you to pay attention to every detail and look for Robert look for him and bring him home that is our main goal. "

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10800341&nav=menu439_2_1

Oh so now police are "very concerned" for his saftey....Are you kidding me, for pete's sake, they should have had a high level of concern when they could not find him to begin with....(beat my head please)

Not only that, but the FELONY Injury to a Child was plead down to a misdemeanor, and she served only 30 days in jail.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/...eq=2188030&displayName=Jenkins,+Melissa+Scott

Worse, the rumor is that the baby may be back in her care at this time.

According to this the boy was still in fostercare in February with a court order for her to pay support. The boy's father's name is listed in the same case, haven't looked him up yet but this may be the boyfriend. There is no indication that he has been returned to her in the court records. There are eviction cases and small claims for Melissa as well as one sealed record. The child injury case was sealed at one point though so maybe it is the same one?

Oh so now police are "very concerned" for his saftey....Are you kidding me, for pete's sake, they should have had a high level of concern when they could not find him to begin with....(beat my head please)

Seriously. At least we now know their concern-o-meter levels. We know know that if you're 8, you have to be missing for 3+ days before the red flags start going up. :doh:

We can bang our heads together because I feel the same way. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It does kind of sound like the "mom" and her boyfriend may have made up the story about the party and dad accepted that as an explanation? One of my guys is nine, and any party he's ever been invited to is usually a weekend afternoon. I realize people do different things for parties and some people have sleepovers and whatnot but in general, we haven't been to a lot of nighttime parties for kids under 13 years old. (Maybe we're all a bunch of fuddy duddies?)

I had worried that some perv tried to lure the boy with the promise of a party, but I really think that was a BS story. (JMO...)

I am among you who don't have a good feeling about this case. "Mom's" history doesn't seem promising and then to read that Robert may have been home with the boyfriend while mom worked, leaves me with all types of bad feelings. I hope my feelings are wrong.

How many cracked baby skulls do you get under your belt in Idaho before you go to jail?

Okay, looked up the father of the 8 month old who may or may not be the current boyfriend. He has a battery, probation violation, grand theft auto, two burglaries, fraud by bounced check, and some petty stuff from when he was younger. He is Jr and Sr has a bunch of financial civil cases so the money ones are bit harder to sort out. But he sounds like a real winner.

He also has a sealed case just like Melissa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member