ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of blood would, by itself, only show someone died there.
It would not show who killed them.
And you would need DNA confirmation to identify the victim.
They do not want to arrest someone too early as the charges could end up thrown out, or evidence blocked.
And you certainly can't just arrest them all and sort it out later.

I don't think they could be 100% certain someone died based only on the amount of blood, only fairly certain that a person would most likely not survive an injury that caused that amount of blood. I would assume they need additional evidence.

I found this while looking at Robert's brother's myspace page.

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

BBM - Where did the description of the clothing come from? I have only heard about the blue shirt with a faded superman logo.

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to be that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

The original description was later changed. Probably after LE interviewed some neighbors. Initially, the report was that he "probably" had the brown shirt on. Then it was either a brown shirt or blue shirt with spiderman and eventually it boiled down to blue shirt with superman. That was my first clue that something was terribly wrong when the parents couldn't remember what their child (under their direct supervision) was wearing after only two hours.

OT but does anyone know what "Andy don't need no mic" is all about? I must admit I have no clue.

Hey all - I live in Boise less than two miles from Robert's mother's home. This case has obviously piqued my curiousity, hitting so close to home. I hope whoever did this (assuming mother and/or her boyfriend) rots in jail. :(

Hey all - I live in Boise less than two miles from Robert's mother's home. This case has obviously piqued my curiousity, hitting so close to home. I hope whoever did this (assuming mother and/or her boyfriend) rots in jail. :(

Welcome nmr:)
Do you know if there any thing go on at the canal? IS LE still there?

New York Canal flow rate: 2400 CFS (cubic feet per second)

http://www.accem.org/pdf/boiseriverfaq2.pdf

1 cubic foot = 7.48 gallons

I was trying to determine flow rate to mile per hour for canal flow. There is a lot of determing factors for sure. My husband left or I would ask him..lol
Anyhow a little info above on CFS for the canal...

Welcome to Websleuths, nmr! Wish it was under better circumstances, but thanks for joining us!

Holy cow that is 17,952 gallons of water per second that is diverted into the New York Canal..thats alot of water!

We have canals the same size here where I live. We used to swim in them when I was a "teeny bopper". I remember the flow being pretty fast depending on where we would be swimming. If you swim in them now they will arrest you..lol.

I found this while looking at Robert's brother's myspace page.

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

BBM - Where did the description of the clothing come from? I have only heard about the blue shirt with a faded superman logo.

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to bet that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle or that Wallis was told after the fact. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

BBM..I wonder who saw him walking at this time and place, do we know ? Was it part of the mom & boyfriend's report ?

In this article it talks about Mellissa leaving the police station in tears after they found the body in the canal, but there is no mention of the BF being there with her.
Also says this canal is only a half a mile away from the apartments.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/855054.html

What evidence did they pull from that apartment ?!!!!!!
I have to go beat my head.....

The heroes in all these cases where the little children have been murdered are the children themselves. They have reached out from death to say "Here I am". Unfortunately, Robert to a passerby at the canal. Sandra Cantu reached out to migrant farm workers also in a canal. With Little Nevaeh it was a fisherman and Caylee kept calling Roy Kronk to find her. They want justice and they deserve it. We just have to find a way to grant their little wishes!!

--------------------------
You are right.We must find a way to have the Gov. change laws pertaining to child abuse.Any one found guilty of this most horrible crime should automatically be put away for life,no qualms,no nothing just do it.NO child asks for such a fate or deserves this.The US mollicoddles these $*&@$ creeps. If they did it once,they'll do it again and I am dam* fed up:furious:

Not sure if I remembered to tell everyone - Reporter says the 911 call has been requested but LE is not releasing it at this time. Bummer!!!!!

Ok I have to pull myself away from here and go work installing a headliner in my 73 Mustang. Yesterday when I left to work on it and came back I heard the news of the body in the canal..:(
Maybe when I get back we will have heard something by then...This case has been very troublesome for my heart...

OT but does anyone know what "Andy don't need no mic" is all about? I must admit I have no clue.

O/T Been looking around and I can't find a reference to a clothing line or anything. Perhaps it's just a simple "T" that has no meaning?

Sorry if these were posted already. I'm just catching up on the thread. I couldn't sleep till 6AM this morning & have had a rough afternoon with my FMS today. I apologize if they have been posted. :wink:

Coroner begins autopsy on body of young boy
August 4, 2009
Updated 2 hours 30 minutes ago
<snipped>
An autopsy is underway on the juvenile male body recovered from the New York Canal on Monday that matches the size and age of 8-year-old Robert Manwill who disappeared more than a week ago.

The autopsy began at 9 a.m. this morning, according to a release from the Ada County coroner's office.

Check back at idahopress.com for more information as it becomes available.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-04-Coroner-begins-autopsy-on-body-of-young-boy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autopsy underway for the body of a young boy found Monday in the New York Canal
Published: 08/04/09
<snipped>
A forensic pathologist with the Ada County Coroner&#8217;s office has begun his autopsy on the small boy found Monday afternoon in the New York Canal near Kuna &#8212; a boy that could be missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Officials hope the autopsy will identify the boy, who was spotted floating in the irrigation canal by two different people near Cloverdale Road in southern Ada County.

Boise Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns said Monday that they could not positively identify the boy until after an autopsy is done.

In addition to providing an identification, the autopsy should also provide information on the cause of death of the boy and a ruling on if it was a natural death, accidental, suicide, homicide, or undetermined.

Boise police officials announced last week they had found undisclosed evidence indicating that Robert could be injured or the "victim of a tragic event." They still have not identified any suspects or people of interest in the case.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/855363.html
Coroner: Autopsy On Body Found In Canal Begins
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 04:41 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 12:59 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner says an autopsy began Tuesday on a body that was pulled from a canal and matches the description of an 8-year-old boy who disappeared more than a week ago.

In a statement Tuesday, Erwin Sonnenberg said the body found on Monday has been examined and a complete autopsy started at 9 a.m.

Police have said evidence in the case indicates suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance and the boy could be hurt "or the victim of a tragic event."

A passerby called emergency workers Monday to report they had seen a body floating in the canal near Kuna about 1:30 p.m.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp?s=10839632
Canal official: body could travel from Vista to Kuna
10:04 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

Police have not indicated if they believe the body floated from one location to another, or how the body got in the water.

"Normally if a body goes in (to the water) in Boise, (police) will want us to put the gates in immediately," Paul Deveau, project manager with the Boise Project said. "We frown on that at least at first. It takes about a week for a body to go that distance. Maybe two."

He said his office coordinated with police last week.

"We talked to them a week ago yesterday. We (walked) the canal with them and showed them the particulars. They kind of felt that wasn't necessary."

He stressed that there are no other body gates between Boise and the location where the body was found. Several other structures are in the canal that look similar, but they would generally not be useful in blocking a human body in the water.

It isn't clear where the boy's body entered the water, and police have not outlined what they think may have happened. More details are expected later Tuesday.

Canal officials say these "body gates" can be deployed into the water to screen a human body that was in the water. They were not in use yesterday.
L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.a951febe.jpg

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0409-body_in_canal.a93ee584.html
UPDATE: Autopsy underway on body found in Kuna canal
09:56 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
body found in the New York canal Monday afternoon is the subject of an autopsy currently being performed by the Ada County Coroner.

The results of today's autopsy are expected to come sometime after noon. Stay with KTVB & KTVB.COM for updates, and click here to recieve an e-mail alert if a news conference is scheduled.

The coroner's office is working to make a positive identification on the body, but that determination is not expected to come until Tuesday. An autopsy will be performed on the body.

body-map.jpg

View Larger Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...340237&spn=0.052295,0.054502&t=h&z=14&iwloc=A

E-Mail Alert For Robert Manwill:
http://www.ktvb.com/newsletters/

VIDEO: UNCUT: Watch news conference
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=385791

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html
Autopsy Scheduled For This Morning
Posted: July 31, 2009 12:15 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 11:39 AM EDT
<snipped>
The coroner was expected to perform an autopsy this morning on the body found in the New York canal. Boise Police say they will make announcement on the identification as soon as they confirm the identity. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns did confirm at a press conference Monday evening the body matches the same size and age of missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Deputy Chief Kerns says one of the first officers on the scene jumped in and pulled out the body after it was called in by a civilian. He says the family has requested privacy at this time.

These developments come after several police agencies spent the weekend digging up the back yard of an Ada County home. Police tell Today's Channel 6 news, the home is rented by people who know the boyfriend of Robert's mother. It is not know what, if any evidence was found to lead police to the backyard. Boise police said they were following multiple leads and multiple locations looking for the boy.

Stay with Today's Channel 6 for the latest breaking developments.

VIDEO: Police: No Positive ID On Body 2:30
http://www.kivitv.com/global/Catego...&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4012874&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10823713&nav=menu536_2
VIDEO: Body Found In Canal 2:09
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/vi...ipFormat=flv&clipId1=4012905&at1=News&h1=Body Found In Canal&flvUri=

VIDEO: Tuesday Morning Headlines 2:02
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/vi...ormat=flv&clipId1=4013612&at1=News&h1=Tuesday Morning Headlines&flvUri=

FYI: HLN's Just announced that a news conference is expected between 5 & 5:30PM today!

:angel:

O/T Been looking around and I can't find a reference to a clothing line or anything. Perhaps it's just a simple "T" that has no meaning?

Ive looked for song lyrics, clothing lines, etc. Can't find a thing. What I don't understand though..If it was just a kids Superman T-shirt, there wouldnt have been a strange quote like this on the back...

The Headline did not originally say tentatively when it first popped up. Now it does. They are waiting for dental records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend