NOTGUILTY ID - Sage Aragon, 11, frozen to death, Blaine County, 25 Dec 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Texana, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Texana

Texana Overreaching

2. Loading...

3. Chicogirl36

Chicogirl36 Fallen Angel

OMG- This freaking monster didnt deserve to have kids. WHY not leave the kids with him until he got the truck un-stuck and then take them to their mom's house?

Thanks for the article Tex- I havent read too many more details. It sounds like a cutody/resentment towards the mother. I fathom :furious: monsters who use thier children as pawns!!!

BTW- Im glad the boy survived. It must have broke his heart to leave his sister behind, but Im glad he kept moving and staying warm. Poor babies. RIP.

4. JaneInOz

JaneInOz Former Member

WHY ?????????????????????????/

Why didnt he leave them IN The truck while he fixed it

:(

5. Texana

Texana Overreaching

The only thing I can guess is that he cared no more for these children on Christmas than he did at any other point in his life.

What kind of man leaves his children alone to walk in snowy conditions, ten miles?

This is just so heartbreaking. The fact that it hasn't received much publicity is almost as heartbreaking.

He left a fifth grader and a sixth grader to walk ten miles in weather that stopped his vehicle.

He deserves a lot more than he's probably going to get on this earth.

6. mae

mae New Member

How horrific. That poor boy seeing his sister die and not being able to do anything about it. What a horrible, tragic situation. That poor girl. That poor family. :(

What a terrible person? Is that even reasonable? Ever? Dumping your kids to walk 10 miles? In snow or not, it seems totally out of normal thinking.

7. azmama

azmama New Member

I am speechless, I am just speechless! WTH was he thinking?

8. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

This article state's Aragon's cousin was with them and he tells a slightly different story.

IMO, anyone who let's / leaves children to walk in that kind of weather deserves the death penalty...

http://www.kmvt.com/news/local/36854829.html

9. BeavisMom62

BeavisMom62 No, Butthead is NOT here!!

That's what I was thinking, mae. Whether or not it was cold, although obviously that made it much worse, who could let their kids walk that far? :furious:

10. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Yes, he seems to be quite upset that he may be facing life in prison.

[​IMG]
    This view looks east along West Magic Road, one mile from Highway 75, approximately where a sedan with two children and two adults became stuck on a snow drift and the children were allowed to continue on foot.
    http://www.sunvalleyonline.com/news/article.asp?ID_Article=6175
    (More pictures of the route and a detailed story at link)
    "Sage was found wearing tan snow boots, a black top and a down jacket but only pajama bottoms for her bottom half."

11. Chezhire

Chezhire Inactive

I am so sad for this child. :cry:
    The father deserves nothing less than the full penalty allowable by law.

12. OrdinaryLife

OrdinaryLife New Member

Both of these "men" deserve everything they receive. Both of them are responsible here!! Who in their right mind allow two children to walk, improperly dressed, in a freaking blizzard, 10 miles to their mother's home???? AND (!!!!!), never go looking for them after these "men" get car out of snow????? NEVER even thought to check up on them once back to Jerome!!!! POS. Life term in prison is too good for them.

13. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I agree! The cousin should be charged, too. I wonder if these men were under the influence of something.

14. OrdinaryLife

OrdinaryLife New Member

I will not be surprised when charges will be brought up against the cousin as well. At the very least, reckless endangerment. Maybe LE will get lucky and this guy will say too much even if it's to the media. I cannot wrap my mind around allowing your children to walk in a blizzard! My first instinctive thought is that the father was pissed. Pissed concerning driving his children to their mother, pissed getting car stuck, and finally just said 'screw it". I bet he has had some real anger issues concerning his family....

15. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

The scary thing is that, if I understand correctly, he is the parent who has custody! I bet he's really pissed he's being charged, especially with all that banging his head on the table, like "Why do these things happen to me?"

16. twinkiesmom

twinkiesmom New Member

17. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

That was my first thought when I read the article; that the father was intoxicated or under the influence of something.

18. fran

fran Former Member

Good grief! I hardly know what to say. A very poor decision that cost his own daughter her life.

What a shame and so very sad. My condolences to the family.

fran

PS....someone needs to let this guy know that no matter how many times he bangs his head, he will never have the sense of a 'normal' human being..:mad:

19. gooniequeen

gooniequeen New Member

the dude looks like a real "winner"

those poor children. i didn't even read the article since I can tell from everyones posts how horrific it was for them.

20. Texana

Texana Overreaching

The father certainly seems to see himself as a victim of a tragic "accident."

Right.

21. wildTrose

wildTrose New Member

Im not sure what to think of the charges...was he an abusing parent? did he just make a really bad judgement call? was he under the influece?
    Was he ignorant in this decision? Absolutely! its also a decision he will live with the rest of his life!....that maybe all the punishment he will ever need!
    Parents make stupid mistakes all the time at the expense of the kids (forgetting about the kid in the carseat on the roof of the car, forgetting the kid in the backseat...etc) some deserve the punishment, others you just have to know they will punish themselves worse then any courtroom ever could!