Found Deceased ID - Shawnta Larae Pankey, 25, Idaho County, 15 Apr 2018

I will share that the couple does live together. So my mom’s boss is actually his landlord too. Small world because they’re living in an apartment above a restaurant I used to work in back in the late 80’s.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPie...831.1525175764455263/1809945175978319/?type=3

ab49441baaf1e97d327ddc1cfa2a99d3.jpg

April 23, 2018

UPDATE…………………

Grangeville –
The search for missing 25 year old Grangeville woman Shawnta LaRae Pankey is continuing.

Idaho County Sheriff’s detectives and deputies are continuing to investigate all aspects of this case and are requesting assistance from the public.

If you saw Shawnta after midnight Sunday morning, April 15th, anywhere in North Central Idaho.

or

If you have information about a man and a dog with a green pickup with Utah plates and a camper that was at Pine Bar the weekend of April 14th and 15th.

We are asking you to contact dispatch at 208-983-1100. Please call if you have any information related to this missing person case.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2093809707302415&id=178393728844032

Does not sound good. At all. Beautiful young lady. She needs to come home. Her child and family is waiting.

Search For Grangeville Woman Continues

COTTONWOOD, ID - The search continues for a missing 25-year-old Grangeville woman. Shawnta LaRae Pankey went missing on the 15th. Idaho County Sheriff’s detectives are asking that if you saw her any time after midnight on the morning of the 15th anywhere in North Central Idaho, to let them know. They also want to know if you’ve seen a man and a dog with a green pickup to let them know. The pickup has Utah plates and a camper. It was at Pine Bar that weekend. That’s where Shawnta Pankey was last seen. If you have info, call the Idaho County Dispatch center at 208-983-1100. Shawnta is 5’4”, 135lbs, with long red curly hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and green tank top, blue jeans, and pink cowboy boots.

https://lcvalley.dailyfly.com/Home/.../49882/Search-For-Grangeville-Woman-Continues

'NO ANSWERS' AS SEARCH FOR MISSING GRANGEVILLE WOMAN ENTERS SECOND WEEK

GRANGEVILLE, Idaho -- The days after 25-year-old Shawnta LaRae Pankey disappeared have been busy ones for the Idaho County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies pinged the Grangeville woman's cell phone, reviewed video, interviewed family members, and searched the Salmon River and surrounding area, enlisting the help of other agencies and local residents.

But the search has come up empty.

"She just disappeared," Sheriff Doug Giddings said.

Pankey's boyfriend told investigators she had been at the Pine Bar, and was last seen walking near the bar along the Salmon River at about 10 a.m. Sunday, April 15. She has not been spotted since and has not contacted her family, something her mother told authorities is completely out of character, Giddings said.

The lack of evidence in the case makes it difficult to rule out any possibility, the sheriff said: Pankey could have fallen into the swift-moving river, climbed up the mountain, left the state intentionally, or been a victim of foul play.

"From that moment that she disappeared, we have no clue," Giddings said. "Why would she just walk away, why would she just disappear? We have no answers."

Even the leads that are trickling into the sheriff's office are a little thin. Sightings of Pankey have been reported from as far away as Seattle, but none have borne out, the sheriff said.

The latest tip came from a local resident, who reported seeing a man camping near the Pine Bar that weekend. On Monday, the man was gone, the resident told authorities.

The man had a dog with him, as well as a green pickup truck with a camper on the back and Utah plates, according to the sheriff's office.

Giddings said the man is not being considered a suspect, and it's not clear he ever interacted with the missing woman. Investigators hope to speak to him in case he saw Pankey or has any information that could aid in the search.

[...]

http://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/...eville-woman-enters-second-week/277-545325628

Beyond sad...so they checked her phone. Nothing mentioned about BFs phone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This bothers me not just because I used to live there and I have family who has for over 30 years, but because my oldest daughter is 25, has naturally curly red hair, anresembles the picture where she’s with her child, and my mom commented the child looked like my daughter when she was that age. :(. Will be watching this one closely.

Awww... I can see why this impacts you so. Here’s to hoping this young lady is found.

I do wonder if the boyfriend is the child’s father?

The tip they received about the green pick up truck, man with dog and Utah plates ... was that from an anonymous tipster, or was that from the BF? Why didn't the BF report her missing after hours of her not returning? Her mother was the one who reported her, correct? Since she did not pick up her children as expected?

Something is fishy ... :fishy::fishy::fishy:

Did they really go camping?
Maybe it happened earlier like Saturday and BF just made up the story. Still bothering me that he didn't call right away. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi
Did I miss where and when the phone pinged ? It seems they say it pinged but no other info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tip they received about the green pick up truck, man with dog and Utah plates ... was that from an anonymous tipster, or was that from the BF? Why didn't the BF report her missing after hours of her not returning? Her mother was the one who reported her, correct? Since she did not pick up her children as expected?

Something is fishy ... :fishy::fishy::fishy:

News reported that the sighting of the man in the green truck was from a local resident, not the boyfriend. https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...eville-woman-enters-second-week/277-545325628

I don’t think so but this is JMO. I have no insider opinion on that but it seems the press reported that Shawnta wasn’t reported the til the next day after she failed to pick up HER child. No mention of the boyfriend in regards to the child or if he could’ve/should’ve picked her up himself, later that day, you know?

JMO.

Oops, previous post in reply to Beth Ann 777.

Unfortunately no news is not good news.

I wish they'd release more information. How do they know they were camping together? Did anyone see both of them together or separately at the campground? I assume that this has been established somehow, but if not, they could've been anywhere...maybe that was their initial plan but didn't end up going camping at all, or went to a different campsite. Would love to know boyfriend's excuse why he never bothered to look for her or report her missing. Did he go to work as usual the next day? Was he inspected for defensive wounds? Has he taken a poly?

Does anyone a good free site to look up criminal records? I know we can't sleuth anyone til they're officially named by media, but we're free to do what we want off Websleuths. If anyone could provide a site or two I'd appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back