Found Deceased ID - Taryn Summers, 8, found deceased, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by amandab, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Sadly, I believe this innocent child was unable to escape the horrific living conditions that the teens were able to leave behind. :(

Even if TS cause of death is determined to be a medical condition, we know the extent of CS compassion for TS was to stuff her soiled body inside a garbage bag and throw her on the floor of the SUV.

TS wasn't garbage -- she was an 8yr old little girl with ginger hair, a toothless smile, and red eyeglasses.

TS guardian was a monster. :mad:

2. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

It is making me think about eight year old Robert Manwill, who went missing in Boise in 2009. He was found in a canal nine days later, the victim of abuse and torture by his mother's boyfriend. CPS came under heavy criticism because when they were supposed to check on Robert before this happened, they accepted mom's explanation that he wasn't there. But they never checked to see where he actually was.

So this was never supposed to happen again, because policies were changed. However, I know that CPS is very underfunded and that it is not easy to remove a child from a home in Idaho.

So I really hope that CPS is not at fault here; among many other hopes.

3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I haven’t heard of the poor little one’s case. I’m a little afraid to read it. Of course I will though. I can’t help myself. I think I might be a glutton for punishment.
    GUILTY - UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

Now who exactly was it that reported seeing the three sibs together on Monday?

4. eekasaur

eekasaur Well-Known Member

If the grandma was dropping off another little one at Head Start (preschool), then why wasn't TS going to school, as well? Wasn't it a weekday?

5. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

If grandma managed to carry the child from the car to the bedroom, how did the child get back in the car - in a plastic bag?

The entire story is full of holes.

jmo

Chocoholic, 303gmf, Flurries and 10 others like this.
  6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

By all accounts, I doubt TS was in any condition to be in school on Monday. She most likely died that day. I'm also curious to know when she last attended school.

^^rsbm

7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

On April 14, the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue arrived at the property and searched the outside of the home with live scent and cadaver sniffing dogs, but no positive results were made.

During the initial investigation, “the information provided to law enforcement was Connie did not know where the key (was) for the vehicle,” the PCA states.
    Update on the death of 8-year-old Gem County girl
    **I’m not sure I understand about LE asking for a key. Do they mean the car was found but they didn’t have right to break in car to search?

Investigators conducted several searches around Smith’s property. Eventually, they gained access to the Lexus...

Joshua Taylor, a Boise defense attorney, requested a lower bail, saying any amount would be difficult for Smith to pay.
    Court documents: Child's body found in garbage bag inside grandmother's vehicle - East Idaho News

A mountain search and rescue team searched the property on April 14 but found nothing.

The vehicle is registered to Smith’s son, but the affidavit says that Smith was seen driving it on April 12, the day she reported Taryn missing.
    Investigators find missing 8-year-old girl’s body in a trash bag in car grandmother was driving the day she disappeared

8. azure

azure Well-Known Member

So she called the police to report a child that was dead in her SUV missing and then had a cover story about burning carpet the child had defecated on....but the child's body was still in her SUV? I'm sorry for being so morbid but it's like she forgot a step.

9. OnlyFacts

OnlyFacts Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard when you're making it up as you go along.

10. Inthedetails

Do we know it was grandma who reported TS as missing? It might have been someone else.

Timeline, still with big gaps

Prior to Monday: TS soils carpet in bedroom, according to grandma

Monday:
    TS in backseat of SUV "asleep" while grandma went to a preschool
    Grandma carries an "asleep" TS from SUV to bedroom (had to go to bedroom as punishment?)
    TS is reported missing by whom?
    Grandma tells LE she doesn't have key to SUV

Thursday:
    LE find TS with vomit (not feces) on her in a plastic bag on the floor of the SUV
    Grandma is arrested in a neighboring county

Date unknown: Grandma cuts out a section of soiled carpet in bedroom and burns it.

Also unknown: Who lived in the house other than Grandma and two minor grandchildren?

jmo

Krissey, Chocoholic, LoveyG and 13 others like this.
  11. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

It seems like the grandmother herself reported Taryn's disappearance:

"Court documents show Smith had reported the child as a runaway..."

https://www.kivitv.com/news/court-d...ody-of-a-young-child-in-a-trash-bag-in-emmett

12. Inthedetails

Thanks for that info.

Mind boggling that she would report the child missing while the body was apparently in the vehicle she drove that day - and mind boggling that the body remained there (as far as we know) until Thursday when LE found the remains.

jmo

13. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

I wonder if her home was searched at all after the older two children ran away.

14. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Wasn't it reported that a small amount of the child’s blood on the wall?

15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Seems CS delayed access to the vehicle and recovery of the body-- saying she didn't know where the key was.

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^rsbbm

misgrn, NoSI, Teche and 3 others like this.
  17. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

May I make general safety announcement? Always, always, always check a car’s trunk when a child is missing - even if you don’t believe the child has access to keys. I’ve had cases where the police failed to check the trunk for a missing child or where they took the panicked parent’s word that the parent checked the trunk. It’s devastatingly easy for a child to suffocate in a sedan’s trunk. Modern vehicles should be equipped with a glowing safety latch, but not all are.

I know that’s not the case here, or with Gannon. But kids in trunks was a pet project of mine :).

MOO.

18. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

She could have carried her inside and she died in the bedroom...Grandma then wrapped the body and took it to car. JMO.

19. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i think that story was a pre explanation because someone saw her laying in the car. i thin k she was mortally wounded, very ill, or already gone at that time.

20. Inthedetails

I think you're right.