GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

Could the older two be in foster care somewhere and that is something that shouldn't be revealed? Is that why LE has been unclear when they talk about contact with the teens? Just thinking.

I don’t think so. If they were officially in foster care police would not have reported them as missing, IMO. My best guess is that they ran to friends or extended family. I just wish someone had thought to ask why.

Her fb (the older two children are on her friend list): Connie Smith
She likes to make elaborate cakes for her grandkids, it seems. The deer cake must have taken hours and lots of patience (maybe some drama?).

Noticeable to me since my cake decorating skills are lacking and I have been near tears when trying.

jmo

She likes to make elaborate cakes for her grandkids, it seems. The deer cake must have taken hours and lots of patience (maybe some drama?).

Noticeable to me since my cake decorating skills are lacking and I have been near tears when trying.

jmo

But that was quite some time ago, before she got them..

What I don't understand is, if they tested positive for drugs in 2019 in that home, why were they not removed?
We're still missing huge chunks of information. Why were the kids tested - who reported that needing to be done? We don't know yet.

We might not have seen the only arrest, though info still too vague to know what is going on.

jmo

One teen was reported missing in September, the other in October. Taryn was reported missing on Monday.

There is so much we don't know. Did the grandmother report them missing or someone else?

Taryn was last seen Monday, according to a Facebook post by the sheriff’s office.

Authorities have searched the area extensively to ensure Taryn wasn’t nearby or injured, the sheriff’s office said, and they are reaching out to people who know her to see if she is with a friend.
Gem County Sheriff Looking for Three Run Away Children

All three children were last seen near the intersection of Idaho 52 and Airport Road in Emmett, officials said. It was believed that Taryn had perhaps joined her siblings or run away, but on Thursday evening, Sheriff Donnie Wunder announced that a body had been discovered near that site.

Wunder also said a suspect had been arrested in Ada County, but neither he nor the Ada County Sheriff's Office would identify the suspect.

An Idaho State Police coroner was at a residence on Airport Road at around 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon, according to ISP, and Gem County sheriff's deputies also were at the scene.
Body Found in Southern Idaho Believed to be Missing 8-year-old Girl. Suspect Arrested

Questions:
Where was Taryn last seen? So they were all seen at the residence where her body was found on Monday. So why did this come to Sheriff’s attention on Thursday? Who reported her missing? When was she reported missing? Or were all three reported missing at the same time? Thinking, oh well, they’re just runaways. Everyone knows that. Sounds like LE knew it. Nothing here, run along. Nothing to see here. Of course Taryn is with them. Find the kids, they have her. Did Connie Smith report them missing? So why didn’t they find her body on Thursday? I assume she was dead by then. They searched extensively at the same address she was found. I’m not sure I understand.

eta: * Isn’t this a contradiction to the first article? Are they saying the report was false? That they weren’t together on Monday? How do they define recently?

Authorities said they don't believe that the two older siblings were recently with Taryn.
Body Found in Southern Idaho Believed to be Missing 8-year-old Girl. Suspect Arrested

Investigators have said little about the case but EastIdahoNews.com uncovered court documents that show Taylor, Taryn and a younger sibling all tested positive for hard drugs in 2019, leading to an injury to a child conviction against their mother. The mother’s current spouse is currently in Idaho Department of Correction custody on an unrelated case.

Body found believed to be missing 8-year-old, suspect in custody for murder - East Idaho News

ETA: We also know that the children (runaways) were not living with their mother at the time of their disappearance.

My understanding is that they were not in that home at the time, they were in mother's home. I'll try to find a link

Body found believed to be missing 8-year-old, suspect in custody for murder - East Idaho News

Investigators have said little about the case but EastIdahoNews.com uncovered court documents that show Taylor, Taryn and a younger sibling all tested positive for hard drugs in 2019, leading to an injury to a child conviction against their mother. The mother’s current spouse is currently in Idaho Department of Correction custody on an unrelated case.

Family members have said on social media that the children were not living with their mother at the time of their disappearances.
What I don't understand is, if they tested positive for drugs in 2019 in that home, why were they not removed?

I AGREE! Runaway cases alone are cause for concern, especially if they last longer than a night or two- why is this child leaving their guardians? What's going on there that is so concerning? It's incredibly distressing to imagine that LE didn't intervene sooner IMO- Imagine if after the first child ran away they had interjected themselves in the home life! Taryn may very well still be with us. Just speculation, but it feels as though LE did the bare minimum to cover their bums and dusted their hands of the whole thing. Did social workers ever get involved? CPS? Anyone? Running away isn't as normal of a teenage thing as people seem to believe. All the attempted runaways I knew had some SERIOUS bad stuff going on at home in some way.

LE has very few options in situations like this. The Idaho/Gem County child services people would be the ones who dropped the ball.

What is notable, imo, is that the suspect was arrested the same day as the body was found. LE obviously has evidence that was enough, immediately, to arrest.

Did the suspect give info to where the body was, under questioning, and when that info was proven correct, was then arrested?

jmo

My understanding is that they were not in that home at the time, they were in mother's home. I'll try to find a link

Family members have said on social media that the children were not living with their mother at the time of their disappearances.

Ahh I see, thank you so much for that, sounds like they went from bad to just as bad, those poor poor kids

They used drones and a dog to scour the rural neighborhood where the children were last seen.

Late Thursday night, however, Sheriff Donnie Wunder announced that investigators found a dead body on a property in the same rural neighborhood where the children were last seen.

A woman named Connie Ann Smith was booked into the Ada County Jail on a first-degree murder charge on an warrant from another county on Thursday. Records from the Gem County Assessor's office show the property where the body was found is owned by a person named Connie Smith.
Idaho sheriff: Missing girl's body found, suspect arrested

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back