ID ID - Wallace (Jacob's Gulch), WhtMale 679UMID, 60, Found On Hiking Trail, Jun'02

I was wondering if this UID could be Delbert Arnold David missing since 1994 from Fort Walton Beach, Florida?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/david_delbert.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...elbert-David-51-Fort-Walton-Beach-22-Aug-1994

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5051

david_delbert.jpg

I'll admit this is probably a far fetched scenario but where this UID was found is less than an hour from Hayden, the home of the former Aryan Nations compound. In 2002 the group was dealing with repercussions from a 2000 lawsuit. IMO there is a possibility that this UID could have been a former member, business associate or potential witness... It's probably too far fetched, I know. Here's a news story that sort of gives a snapshot of what was going on with the group the following year:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2003/nov/02/hayden-candidate-faces-hate-crime-charge/

He could have also been a guy from somewhere in the region who said or did something wrong in their presence. My uncle was up in that area (I'm not sure of the year) to buy a truck once. He had long hair at the time and because of this was pulled out of his car and beaten up on the hood of it by a group of skinheads. As an Idaho resident I'm embarrassed by this history but only the truth is actually helpful with these cases. Also, Wallace was a brothel town where LE turned a blind eye. There is some very interesting research on that here: https://abusinessdoingpleasure.com/

I posted on another thread on this, see below. Post #235. I also found a post-mortem photo. I will attach the link instead of posting it. This seems very solvable.

BBM. OK, slightly old post and not to be off topic, but I noticed Scott reminded me of an Idaho UID. If Scott has a thread...let me know. I can't find either listed on websleuths, redirect me if so....

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5051

Probable date of death 2002
Gray hair-reddish highlights
70"
Age in his 50's.

View attachment 109834

The only issue I see is Mr. Scott was "last seen" a month later...But the dates are really close in many ways.

If there is a post on either of these cases please let me know.

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/unidentified-persons/ Scroll to the bottom....it is on the right.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-35-65-in-tent-Sep-04&p=13138610#post13138610

I posted on another thread on this, see below. Post #235. I also found a post-mortem photo. I will attach the link instead of posting it. This seems very solvable.

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/unidentified-persons/ Scroll to the bottom....it is on the right.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-35-65-in-tent-Sep-04&p=13138610#post13138610

Is Scott the first or last name ?

ETA:

I just found Robert Scott on NamUs, last seen in Grand Junction, Colorado in 2002.
Good find! He does look like him!

IMOO.

Everyone be careful the link from treelights for delbert is malware or something of that nature!

Thank you! I did a little research on Wallace in June 2002. The average high was around 70°, low around 50°. He had 2 coats and wore long sleeves, which seemed appropriate, curious as to the 2 coats though. Also, there was some kind of 13th annual Miners convention going on at that time, which brought people to the area. Tours and such were going on, I wonder if anyone has looked through visitor lists or photos of the events for a possible sighting of him? Because of a drop in silver during that time, many miners were leaving for work elsewhere, could he possibly have been an investor and lost a great deal of money? I'm no expert so I could be way off base, just thought I'd throw it out there!

**GRAPHIC postmortem image attached**
D4D2C991-42B3-49FA-9AB0-D7A4ECAA7DA8.jpeg
Gregory Charles Dugas
Gregory Charles Dugas – The Charley Project
Missing from Iverness Park, California since September 2, 1992
- 32 year old white male
- 5’10”, 155 pounds
- Greying Black/brown hair, brown eyes
- Following the breakup of a 12-year long relationship, he borrowed $700 from his father with the presumption he would use it to repair his vehicle. However, the day his friend was supposed to repair the truck, Greg cancelled the appointment and hasn’t been heard from or seen since. He was an active environmentalist and enjoyed hiking, backpacking and mountain biking.

Maybe he borrowed the money to travel away from home and start a new life. Would account for the age different and other details. Given his history he may have been familiar with the area and stayed nearby (WA, OR, ID, etc), cut his hair to change his appearance slightly.

IMO, the hair is the same, the nose is the exact same. The tip and the bump on the bridge. It’s a little far fetched, but entirely possible. IMO.

Attachments

• 2B354A73-DF9A-4777-823F-99D31E2C42CF.jpeg
    2B354A73-DF9A-4777-823F-99D31E2C42CF.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
ETA: I see it now... :oops:
disregard the following text...

Ronald seems to fit.
*GRAPHIC IMAGE ATTACHED*
Ronald Howard Druce – The Charley Project
6B7695A7-5E1A-4E59-A46C-5D76514196C0.jpeg C341C824-9E29-4E15-B40F-C8145439CB29.jpeg
Missing from West Valley, Utah since May 20, 2000 (or June 12, 2000)
- 38 year old white male
- 5’7”, 140 pounds
- Brown hair
- Brown eyes (some say blue)

ETA: According to NMPD
“Ronald was last seen in West Valley Utah. It is unknown where he traveled to but there is information he may have been in Texas.”

Attachments

• E106021C-FFC4-4431-9754-CBE7E28AE7D2.jpeg
    E106021C-FFC4-4431-9754-CBE7E28AE7D2.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Interested in this case.
Some observation and questions (if I can, I will answer them myself)

1. Maybe not relevant for identifying this John Doe, but I like to have clear facts. This John Doe was found in Jacob's Gulch. According to the Namus file and the header of this thread this is in Wallace, Shoshone County, Idaho. A couple of people (local?) have pointed out that this is not the case. It's situated in Kellogg, Shoshone County.
2. The age estimate. Namus 57-67. Looking at the recon and the pm picture (and I'm usually not questioning the stats entered by professionals), but I just don't see that. Either he is on the younger end of the range or maybe even slightly younger.
3. The glasses. There must be some serial numbers or brand on the glasses. How else could they have traced back the glasses were only sold in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington State. Which shops had this particular brand in their collection? I wonder if they tried to find this out, in combination with the particular prescription.
4. Astigmatism. Are we looking for a MP who could have glasses for a longer period in live, from youth or is this problem particular for older people?
What exactly does astigmatism mean?
Astigmatism is a cylindrical abnormality and is common in both children and adults. If you have astigmatism, you have problems seeing far and near in the same eye. That is because the cornea is not round, but oval.
In fact, there is still no direct cause for this eye condition. Research has shown that astigmatism is usually congenital and can get worse with aging. As a result, most people only complain about it later in life, even though they have had the condition from birth.
Conclusion in relation to searching for a possible match: could be both, a MP with or without glasses. At least at one time in live this person needed glasses, because according to the prescription he had plus and minus combined in each eye and he would have seen this.
First picture normal, second picture shortsighted (minus),
You are "short-sighted" when you can only see clearly close up (and therefore need glasses for far).
3th picture far sighted (plus)
You are "far-sighted" when you can only see clearly from a distance (and therefore need glasses for close-up).

2744.jpg

Wat is astigmatisme ?

Last edited:
Interested in this case.
Some observation and questions (if I can, I will answer them myself)

1. Maybe not relevant for identifying this John Doe, but I like to have clear facts. This John Doe was found in Jacob's Gulch. According to the Namus file and the header of this thread this is in Wallace, Shoshone County, Idaho. A couple of people (local?) have pointed out that this is not the case. It's situated in Kellogg, Shoshone County.
2. The age estimate. Namus 57-67. Looking at the recon and the pm picture (and I'm usually not questioning the stats entered by professionals), but I just don't see that. Either he is on the younger end of the range or maybe even slightly younger.
3. The glasses. There must be some serial numbers or brand on the glasses. How else could they have traced back the glasses were only sold in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington State. Which shops had this particular brand in their collection? I wonder if they tried to find this out, in combination with the particular prescription.
4. Astigmatism. Are we looking for a MP who could have glasses for a longer period in live, from youth or is this problem particular for older people?
What exactly does astigmatism mean?
Astigmatism is a cylindrical abnormality and is common in both children and adults. If you have astigmatism, you have problems seeing far and near in the same eye. That is because the cornea is not round, but oval.
In fact, there is still no direct cause for this eye condition. Research has shown that astigmatism is usually congenital and can get worse with aging. As a result, most people only complain about it later in life, even though they have had the condition from birth.
Conclusion in relation to searching for a possible match: could be both, a MP with or without glasses. At least at one time in live this person needed glasses, because according to the prescription he had plus and minus combined in each eye and he would have seen this.
First picture normal, second picture shortsighted (minus),
You are "short-sighted" when you can only see clearly close up (and therefore need glasses for far).
3th picture far sighted (plus)
You are "far-sighted" when you can only see clearly from a distance (and therefore need glasses for close-up).

2744.jpg

Wat is astigmatisme ?
Not local, so I can’t help with that one. lol

I agree, he definitely appears younger than 57 even, but if that’s an accurate estimate, I’d agree also that he’s on the lower end.

I have an astigmatism...never knew exactly what it meant. It does not physically hurt and I suppose I’ve had it forever but only diagnosed when I got contacts for the first time. Can’t remember how old I was but a guess would be around 25 years. Up to then, I never knew I had it and never would have suspected it. I only have problems seeing things that are far away and I’ve been that way for as long as I can remember but could only afford to get glasses/contacts when I was about 25. Not sure if that helps any! :p
ETA: And I only have it in one eye!

Age estimates aren't usually done just from appearance--they use things like how the joints look on X-ray, how worn the teeth are, whether the cranial sutures have started to fuse, whether there's arthritis in the back, etc. etc. In this case, graying plus dentures plus bifocals would lead me to think the estimate is about right.

Seiko watch, no-line bifocals, and the gun's not a Saturday night special--this dude was pretty well off.

I don't think he was found on Jacob's Gulch Road in Kellogg, which is a city street that runs past the medical center and the high school. (There's also a ski resort that I don't think was there when he died.) He was probably farther up the trail, where it becomes a hiking trail that can be followed for miles into the mountains.

This link should open up to a picture looking up Jacob's Gulch past the high school: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

And this would be looking back towards Kellogg: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I hadn’t considered the type of weapon...that does tell you a lot about someone. In most cases. IMO.

I guess it’s the recon. If I were to only see that, I’d say yah, possibly even older than the estimated age range. But the actual postmortem shows him to be younger. So, science and logic wins again! (And the Carbuff voice of reason ;)) Thank you for the maps too, as always!

I hadn’t considered the type of weapon...that does tell you a lot about someone. In most cases. IMO.

I guess it’s the recon. If I were to only see that, I’d say yah, possibly even older than the estimated age range. But the actual postmortem shows him to be younger. So, science and logic wins again! (And the Carbuff voice of reason ;)) Thank you for the maps too, as always!

Now that I'm--ahem--in the decedent's age range, I'm sadly aware that a lot of people look quite youthful facially but have trouble getting their aching knees out of the chair :p Not to name names or anything.

I have my doubts but could it possibly be Michael Grochowsky. 1086DMFL - Michael Grochowsky Michael Grochowsky – The Charley Project
upload_2020-8-30_13-12-29.png

5'8, born 1942, brown hair, brown eyes, fits in the age range (UID born between 1935 - 1945) no abdominal scar mentioned but medical problems. Doubts are about him not working for a while due to his injuries, living on a mobile home park, so how could he effort the posh things. Only reason that I can think of is that his workers compensation claim came through.

I have my doubts but could it possibly be Michael Grochowsky. 1086DMFL - Michael Grochowsky Michael Grochowsky – The Charley Project
View attachment 261979

5'8, born 1942, brown hair, brown eyes, fits in the age range (UID born between 1935 - 1945) no abdominal scar mentioned but medical problems. Doubts are about him not working for a while due to his injuries, living on a mobile home park, so how could he effort the posh things. Only reason that I can think of is that his workers compensation claim came through.
Hmmm. I do see a resemblance. The noses are very very similar. I’m not entirely convinced due to the circumstances, but I’ve certainly seen more bizarre things happen as of late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back