Idaho - Couple in car hanging over a gorge after bridge accident, March 16, 2021

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by FrostOwl, Mar 17, 2021.

1. FrostOwl

FrostOwl -

2. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

For those who followed the Kelsey Berreth case, this is the gorge that what's her face supposedly threw Kelsey's phone in

3. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

@FrostOwl Thanks for your post w link w vid. & pix which made me dizzy.

That must be a verrrrry strong chain initially bearing that weight & tension from pick-up & RV.
    How did chain not snap? I imagine an engineer could calculate amt of weight that chain withstood, when it went over guardrail and reached maximum extension on chain and jerked.

Story says responders connected more chains to prevent truck from breaking away, dropping 100 ft
    (30 metres) to canyon floor.
    A semi-truck driver stopped and allowed responders to run a chain from his rig to further anchor the dangling pick-up.
    Rescuers could not open vehicle doors, so removed man, woman, & 2 dogs thru window.**
    Fortunately the man & woman had their safety belts on, but it took 1 hr, 8 min, to extract them.

:):) Thank goodness for the skills & experience of those Spec Op & Rescue Teams.:):)

Peeps, let's stay safe on the highways and by-ways.

** Camper chain kept pickup from falling into Malad Gorge, ISP says | ktvb.com

4. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

@al66pine Thank you for tagging me in this rescue story from the other thread. This is incredible. What a proud moment for the teams where your training, blood sweat and tears pays off. Then you have civilians helping, like the truck driver who provided support, the victims clearly remained calm and LISTENED to direction. Glad everyone is ok and yes, let's stay safe on the highways and by-ways :)

IMO

5. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Wow I had no idea that was the gorge! I can see why she chose it! Thanks for the info.
    Holy moly that is one long drop & had to be absolutely terrifying for the couple. Those photos make me nauseous. What an effort to keep the truck from falling - amazing efforts by LE & responders. Truly impressive!

6. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

Correcting my post: It may have been Kelsey's keys that KK threw into the gorge, not her phone. The point is, it's the same place.

Blondie in Spokane and al66pine like this.
  7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

o.m.g.
    terrifying!