IDENTIFIED! Valerie Mack - Jane Doe #6/Manorville Jane Doe - remains located Nov 2000 & April 2011

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by bessie, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Fabra

Fabra Member

Remember, if the MurderInc site is providing accurate information, then Malorie was probably adopted, and hence, a potentially different last name (and maybe even first name, if she was adopted out as an infant).

I pray she had a happy, normal childhood.

Last edited: May 24, 2020

2. maineiacgirl

maineiacgirl Member

Whr
    Where did you find information about her siblings being in foster care? Some of you are so good at digging stuff up..... :)

waltzingmatilda, Suglo and j_in_c like this.
  3. maineiacgirl

maineiacgirl Member

SCPD has been STINGY at best with any information at all and it's frustrating. After all this time, why not put out what they know? It's ridiculous. And to come out with this most recent statement of "we know who Jane Doe is, but we're going to just say that and then let everyone WONDER who the heck it is" It's BS....

Where did you find information about her siblings being in foster care? Some of you are so good at digging stuff up..... :)

Tora Gahan and waltzingmatilda like this.
  4. Disco1

Disco1 Active Member

5. Disco1

Disco1 Active Member

If you look up the article on murderinc, you will see a pic of possible classmates of Malories siblings in a yearbook. I searched one of the students shown on Facebook and found out the man lives in PA. Maybe someone could instant message him to see if he knows the Fultons

6. Disco1

Disco1 Active Member

interesting....
    former detective Fitzpatrick /Suffolk county

1. wrote letter for leniency for former Chief Burkehttp://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview.com/2012/03/35433/suffolk-police-to-brief-media-on-body-found-in-manorville/
    . Tells a reporter in 2002 that the FBI handled murders for their dept (not true in 2002)
    3. Did not release the tattoo info for Jane Doe #6...saving it for someone to verify via Crimestoppers
    4. Doesn’t see a link with four other bodies in area of Jessica Taylor (including two men)

7. Manwel

Manwel Well-Known Member

They don't want to admit statistics on it. And probably don't want to lose jurisdiction to FBI. If Manorville suddenly looks like Cabot Cove in terms of bodies piling up and the work of a serial, property values decline. It's easier to say numerous different people are dropping off bodies from out of town. (That doesn't actually make me feel better about Manorville.) But they seem to think it absolves them of responsibility.

Tate123, Fabra and Suglo like this.
  8. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Manorville Jane Doe

9. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I see ol' Fitzpatrick has appeared in the thread... the former SCPD chief who said he thought SG's pants just fell off as she ran through the reeds before drowning. :mad::confused:o_O

10. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

Welcome to Websleuths @mainelacgirl

11. Fabra

Fabra Member

If Jane Doe 6/Malorie were adopted, that might be part of what's taking so long to bring this out into the light. Investigators have obviously reached out to her bio family for DNA, but they'd also want to track down and contact her adoptive family.
    You'd think they would have done that before breaking the news.
    Who knows, though-- would like to give SCPD the benefit of the doubt, and this would be, at least, an understandable reason for the lag.

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, they always want to notify family members before going public if they can. You don't want to learn from a blog post or news story that one of your relatives was the victim of a gruesome murder.

13. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Different news articles state different things. It will be also on their website but I am pretty sure that there will be another press conference in near future (in next few days) to announce her true identity as it is quite a big news.

Delay of few days might be due to tying some loose ends, some interviews and talking to next of kins.

14. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

New police website for this case has absolutely nothing to do with Neflix movie even though some might believe that. Yes, movie brought it to attention to some audience which never heard of this case, but thats about it. Police site has to do with new task force being formed 4 month ago to reinvestigate the whole case.

While many are still skeptical because of past handling of the case, I personally do have renewed hope with that new team and seeing that some results are finally starting to come.

15. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

While I am still trying to catch up with this thread, and I myself run Unidentifed page too I personally would NOT recommend to share the name of Any identified person prior to official police press release.

There is very valid reason in every case why info to public is delayed and we should not forget this in this and other cases that they are a murder investigation. Leaking the info just hinder things on many levels and some info might or might not be even true. Public and our audience can wait few more days for factual and confirmed information.

It is alarming that someone came to you saying that they saw leaked name on Websleuths. There is reason why it is against Websleuths rules to post rumours here (not you).

I have alerted mods to delete the name from this thread untill information is official. Info inside of posted links are ok though.

16. maineiacgirl

maineiacgirl Member

SCPD has been STINGY at best with any information at all and it's frustrating. After all this time, why not put out what they know? It's ridiculous. And to come out with this most recent statement of "we know who Jane Doe is, but we're going to just say that and then let everyone WONDER who the heck it is" It's BS....

Yea... I definitely would not post it on the unidentified page until we know for sure. I only wish they had not said anything at all until they were prepared to release her name. Unless what they're trying to do it create some discussion .... you never know why investigators do what they do sometimes I guess. Thank you so much for responding. I agree we to be careful about naming anyone in a case like this. I hate there have been so many names thrown around as suspects , sometimes causing a great deal of harm to someone when it's nothing more than someone's speculation.

17. maineiacgirl

maineiacgirl Member

Thank you. I've actually been on for quite some time. I'm not sure why it says I'm new. I just have not posted anything in (heck) a few years I'd guess. I come and read sometimes, but raraly have much to say.

18. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Long Island serial killer case: Remains of Gilgo Beach victim identified - CBS News

Authorities investigating the long-running mystery of skeletal remains strewn along a suburban New York beach highway said they have identified the remains of one of the women using DNA technology. Newspapers have dubbed the elusive culprit the "Long Island Serial Killer," as documented on CBS' "48 Hours."

Suffolk County police said Friday they would soon post information about the woman, known as "Jane Doe No. 6," to a website the department created about the case. Police officials declined to provide more specific information about when the announcement would be made.

j_in_c and carbuff like this.
  19. Ursamajr

Ursamajr Well-Known Member

What are they waiting for? So much corruption in the SCPD the gap between announcing that she has been identified and releasing what her name is seems strange and calculated.

Tate123, Disco1, turanna25 and 3 others like this.
  20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure their reasoning for waiting to share the identity. I really don’t understand why they made an announcement that they would share her identity at a later date & even shared that they would do so on a specific site, but then wouldn’t comment on when that would be.

Ursamajr, turanna25 and Suglo like this.