IDENTIFIED! Valerie Mack - Jane Doe #6/Manorville Jane Doe - remains located Nov 2000 & April 2011

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by bessie, Apr 5, 2011.

1. coldcaser

coldcaser Well-Known Member

Valerie's sister was recently interviewed for this article: Long Island serial murders: Families of victims renew calls for justice in decade-old cold case

"
    'I figured she was gone all these years, but not in the way that they described,' Mack’s adoptive sister, Angela, said in an interview with Fox News. 'It's just really hard to think that somebody could do that to her,' she said.

How Mack ended up on Long Island – some 180 miles from her hometown – is a mystery to her family. 'Nobody, nobody could understand how she got to New York because any time she would disappear, she went to Philadelphia,' she said. 'I really don't think she went to New York willingly at all.'

Mack had begun to turn her life around shortly before her disappearance, according to her family. 'She was working at a dollar store chain, seeing Benjamin again, and she wasn’t doing any drugs,' said her sister, who remains hopeful an arrest will be made someday.

'I know there are cases solved 40, 50 years later. So I guess I can just hope eventually, one day, hopefully there will be justice,' Mack said. 'I just really would like to find out who did it. I just want to see their face, to see who could mutilate my sister's body. And like, to find out a reason.'
    "

Attached Files:

Ktsleuth, madamx, NotSHolmes and 10 others like this.

2. Sallyla

Sallyla Well-Known Member

I’m so glad to hear Valerie’s family talk about her and who she was rather than her just being a mugshot.

But I’m so sad she was identified because Benjamin was in jail. That’s heartbreaking. I can’t imagine how traumatised he must have been as a child to not know where his mommy was and why she wasn’t there. Wondering if she’d committed suicide because he wasn’t enough to stay alive for. Or worse.

Sorry, I’m really emotional about this. My Dad died ten days ago. I’m an adult, I can cope, it was peaceful, it was at home, I knew what happened. But I have 3 boys, 2 are the age Benjamin was when that b*****d took his mother away and I can’t imagine what that would do to a little boy.

I’d like to find the ba****d who did that to Valerie and tie him to horses to rip him limb from limb.

If there is anyone out there who knows Benjamin, tell him when he gets out turning his life around is the best revenge he can get on that b*****d. Show him he’s better than him.

Valerie sounds lovely and was beautiful. Much love to her family. Xx

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    coffeeandacig, Suglo and Bose like this.
  3. Bose

Bose Well-Known Member

I wish I had the right words to say, but I don't--all I can say is that I understand, and I hope you're ok.

I hope none of the kids take any blame on themselves, and despite how awful this is, and along the lines you said--I hope they live the best, vibrant lives possible. Their moms were loved, and still are, as well as the families--we're all still looking for justice, and hope it comes soon.

digitective likes this.
  4. Sallyla

Sallyla Well-Known Member

One of the worst things about Valerie is that she was last seen in Spring/Summer 2000. The facial reconstruction gave her a very distinctive damaged and crooked nose which had been broken then healed. None of the photos of Valerie or descriptions of her before she went missing mention this.

Her body was found November the 19th 2000 and she had only been dead for 1 week.

That bastard must have held her and tortured her for months. Long enough for her nose to be broken & heal. And it would obviously heal so crookedly as it had no medical intervention.

cincygirl and DetectiveB like this.
  5. SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan Active Member

Interesting theory & makes sense that he might be keeping these girls for some time doing whatever. He definitely would need a place to put these girls where their screams can not be heard when tortured from the outside world.

DetectiveB and madamx like this.
  6. Fletch1234

Fletch1234 New Member

The oak beach association had the keys to the vacant homes there so plenty of opportunity hide whatever they wanted. After reading the depositions all eyes are on oak beach community for me. All speculation but there stories do not add up it sure doesn't take rocket science or a professional investigator to see that.

PillowofWinds likes this.