IN Identify Indiana Initiative hopes to gives names to the state's 600+ unidentified people

DS2021

Reaction score

"INDIANAPOLIS — There is believed to be more than 600 unidentified people sitting in evidence boxes at coroner’s offices and police department’s across Indiana.

A team of investigators and coroners are now trying to get that number to zero through a new initiative called Identify Indiana. It’s a partnership between the Indiana Coroner’s Association, the Human Identification Center at the University of Indianapolis and the Indiana State Police laboratory."

Let me know if I posted too much of the article.

Only 55 of these cases are in NamUs. I emailed them and advocated for and discussed the benefits of adding these cases to NamUs.

"INDIANAPOLIS — There is believed to be more than 600 unidentified people sitting in evidence boxes at coroner’s offices and police department’s across Indiana.

A team of investigators and coroners are now trying to get that number to zero through a new initiative called Identify Indiana. It’s a partnership between the Indiana Coroner’s Association, the Human Identification Center at the University of Indianapolis and the Indiana State Police laboratory."

Let me know if I posted too much of the article.

Only 55 of these cases are in NamUs. I emailed them and advocated for and discussed the benefits of adding these cases to NamUs.
Thank you for your help & contribution, it’s so important to get all of these cases, missing/unidentified/unclaimed on NAMUS it’s invaluable to finding info and matching

I recieved a prompt response back.
Hi (my name),

That is our plan going forward. I am the person in charge of getting a count and location of all of the remains.
I will then enter them into the NamUs program as I get each case. It is going to be a daunting task but a very necessary step.

Thank you so much for your concern,

Scott

5 new Indiana UID cases have been added to NamUs. All were found this year. @subaw0067 did you ever get an email back? Also do you all think that we should create a separate forum for these cases once this project really gets underway?

She posted the reply
Hi (my name),

That is our plan going forward. I am the person in charge of getting a count and location of all of the remains.
I will then enter them into the NamUs program as I get each case. It is going to be a daunting task but a very necessary step.

Thank you so much for your concern,

Scott

Looks like they are still gathering information on who has what. It would appear they are just in the organizing and finding out what they are working with. Since it it working with University of Indianapolis I would guess they may use grad students to help as well as the ISP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back