If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by JBean, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinTX

LinTX New Member

If they asked that, they were probably voicing frustration over what she thought she was doing with that little charade, and how stupid did she think they were!

Found a pretty good synopsis of the testimony and it was pretty much as I had remembered it. They already knew she didn't work there when they asked her to go:

The blog also has a partial transcript of the interview, taken from the recording that was played for the jury. I hadn't realized she told YM that she had just talked to Caylee the day before - I thought she had only told that story to CA. Interesting read, that interview...Oh, it might also answer your other questions re: how much work LE had done, and how much they knew about FCA in those first 12 hours.

http://bluebeachsong.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/casey-anthony-trial-day-8-daily-updates-thoughts-observations/

2. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

My responses are in black now :crazy:

3. Nikki 01

Nikki 01 New Member

Casey was very good at coming up with lies on the spot and she had no problem with keeping them straight, but I don't think she was very cunning at all. If her parents (or should I say Cindy) had an ounce of common sense they would have figured her out long before any of this happened.

Her parents should have realized she did not have a job as she did not have any money coming in, wasn't supporting herself or Caylee, and was getting by stealing off her family.

If she didn't have a job then they should have known the nanny they never saw or talked to didn't exist either.

Also they should have been suspicious of people like Jeff Hopkins. She claimed this was a guy who might have been the one for her, yet they never met him or talked to him? She'd set up times to meet him but something would always come up which prevented them from meeting him.

Her lies to police were so stupid because she told them lies they could easily check into. It was beyond stupid for her to tell them a babysitter she supposedly used regularly took her child because the first thing they'd want is valid contact info for said babysitter.

IMO her lies weren't well thought out at all. She was able to get away with lying for so long only because her parents buried their head in the sand. It was also easier to lie to her friends because they didn't know her well enough, but they would have eventually figured her out as they got to know her well. She would have told enough lies like the one to Amy about moving into her parents that everyone would have had her pegged for a liar eventually.

4. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

IMO, there are a lot of things taken out of context, so it would be hard for me to agree that was said and meant without being able to see it myself. I honestly don't feel these people conversed about the case until it was time for deliberations, I'm sure there is maximum punishment for doing that and I'm also sure that they had guards with them at all times (minus being alone in their hotel rooms).

5. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

I saw his appearance a couple times with Dr. Drew, responding to what he could state (she was not diagnosed with a mental disorder, etc.). The first appearance it seemed like Dr. Drew was respecting him, the 2nd appearance I got the feeling Dr. Drew was attempting to discredit him (in as respectful way as Dr. Drew is).

6. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Stacy

I don't think alternate jurors are involved in deliberations, so if that's true, where did the alternate in question get his information ?

7. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

That is true that none of that happened in this case... but if LE had looked into other scenarios they could've come up with what the DT stated in OS. I mean, we truly don't know if the accident is true, if the murder is true, etc. We just don't, although many of us have our beliefs. But, if LE did investigate other aspects of this case, we may have come up with other information proving more so one of the theories. But, they focused on Casey after day 1. So, we don't know if there is other information out there supporting the drowning or supporting the murder.

8. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

That just means that you need to put something at least 5 characters long after the "Quote".

That's why I just usually write, responses in red, etc.

9. Mystic

Mystic Active Member

i agree, i haven't listend to the full interviews, didn't need to.. it was too hinkey.

i guess if KC mangaged to pass letters/notes to other inmates while in solitary in jail under watch.. it would a breeze for jurors to do the same (they definately were not being watched as if they were prisoners kwim) imo someone had a strong opinion and agenda and slowly worked on the others

10. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

Alternates are not, but I'm not positive these statements are something he claims to know or if they're something he claims to believe. There is a big difference between the two.

11. Sustained

Ah, thanks - but how do you add additional text to an already quoted post like yours at 8:49 ? Do you have to multiquote all of the previous quotes to that post ?

12. HatesSociopaths

HatesSociopaths Inactive

Interesting to review that interrogation again.

One part of it:

I am still in amazement someone could conclude that she was covering up an accident that her father forced her to lie about.

:waitasec:

13. HatesSociopaths

HatesSociopaths Inactive

Thanks. One point that I see as a common thread in your responses is an idea that psychopathy is a sort of 24/7 manifestation, not in the control of a psychopath. I'd like to give my :twocents: on this.

There are famous examples of how this is not the case. Serial killers like John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy were able to carry on respected lives while running up their murder total. Gacy was a model citizen in prison, loved by all for his impressive ability to cook and use spices. He got released from prison for good conduct, and then promptly began murdering women who he felt were promiscuous, 29 in all.

The psychopath is VERY good at fooling people.

There are triggers for their rage, different with each one. Bundy saw his ex-girlfriend in the women he killed, they all looked like her. Gacy was harboring suppressed homosexual/transexual urges that his father smothered down during his youth, and took out his aggression on promiscuous women. They all have their triggers. And then, as you point out, they are controlled by their mental illness and can't restrain doing the deed.

With Casey, the runway up to this incident is brief and difficult to analyze. The major clues to what kind of person she is are of course her pathological lying, lack of empathy, irresponsibility and coldheartedness displayed during the jailhouse conversations.

MOO of course but something triggered Casey's psychopathy on that fateful day of June 16. There was the fight with CA the night before, and ultimately this led to a desire to get even. I also think it was relevant that TL had stated to her that he only wanted boys, not a girl. Susan Smith killed her two boys for a similar reason.

14. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

I copied the part I wanted to add to the quote, clicked "Quote", on the next screen where you type things in, there is an additional quote function (looks like a talk bubble) to wrap Quote around text, I click that, paste the copied part I wanted to add in between the quote commands... and then inside of the pasted portion I can add additional thoughts in different text colors, etc.

I don't know if this sounds confusing or not, let me know if this makes sense :)

15. Who_What_When

Who_What_When Trying to keep an open mind...

For someone who seems to have all the facts you sure make a lot of assumptions. I never said that I entertained their ME theory on what happened to Caylee. This wasn’t even close to what we were taking about, but I guess you wouldn’t know since you couldn’t take the time to read it.

I’m glad I could make you laugh, but maybe you should focus on something else instead of criticizing me for looking at all the evidence presented in this case. The jury made a decision and whether or not you agree with it, it’s not going to change.

16. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

That is how I remember it, her behavior "could be" consistent with grief. Some people have exhibited bizarre behavior in times of grief, so "maybe" that is what Casey did.....or maybe not.

I did not totally discount the grief testimony, but I did not give it much weight.

17. beccalecca1

beccalecca1 New Member

I understand what you're saying, but even with their "triggers" they are not in control of it.

I understand that at different times they could appear to be living a very normal life, very friendly, charming, etc. But, there is a point where they don't have control over themselves anymore. IMO, Casey hasn't exhibited the lack of control, I haven't seen a trigger for her yet.

This is kind of like alcoholism, alcoholics don't wake up and decide this is what they want to do with every day of their lives. The disease at some point takes over and this is what they have because they can't control it. Psychopaths don't just desire to kill people, etc. There is a point where the disease takes over and they don't have the control anymore. If there was a way to treat this, I'm sure the world would be a happier place. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to treat this amongst other disorders.

Maybe she does have some, maybe I'm completely wrong in buying the accident theory; but up to this point I don't believe she's psychopathic or sociopathic.

18. Sustained

Thanks, I get it and your help is much appreciated !

19. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

PSA:
    When you guys want to respond to individual passages within one persons quote, it is best to quote each section,repsond, quote the next section,respond and so on. The reason is after awhile, it is very hard to determine who said what to whom. :)

One way to do this is to highlight the section you are quoting and then click the quote tab at the top of the posting box:
    [​IMG]

It will wrap whatever you have highlighted in a darkened quote box and then you can respond.

I try to fix them when I see them, but I often times cannot tell who said what and I don't want to confuse the issue or misquote someone.

hope that helps

20. HatesSociopaths

HatesSociopaths Inactive

I agree with a lot of what you said here. And there are others who would agree there is insufficient evidence to label her a psychopath. In my case I'm very familiar with Casey's tune, and see the characteristics loudly and clearly.

I'll show you one trigger - her mother! The points when she gets most upset in this video are with her mother either on the phone or about to be put on the phone. When her mother refuses Casey's reality (ie. does not buy the bs), this sends her into a FIT. And that is what happened on June 16, IMO. She told Amy on that morning she was finding another place to live.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4MCED--no"]‪New Jailhouse Video of Casey Anthony the Alleged Baby Killer: She's "Beyond Frustrated"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.