If you look at it logically it's very clear who did it!

I had never heard that before! How odd, beaver hair. I wonder if they could have been mistaken and that the hairs were all dog hairs, perhaps from a pet at the place they were visiting earlier that evening. Or an old beaver fur coat or a taxidermy item at the place. Or from a fur hat or similar from their own house. I guess the paintbrush was ruled out as the source of the hairs. But maybe another one that was disposed of.
Should the evidence of Beaver Hairs on JB's hand be considered as someone being mistaken because it is odd evidence?
s-evidence-fibers.htm

If something seems strange and out of place in a child's murder, it cannot be ignored, can it? Shouldn't it be explored?

Within 7 short years...

In 1989, Ramsey formed the Advanced Product Group, one of three companies that merged to become Access Graphics. He became president and chief executive officer of Access Graphics, a computer services company that became a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin in 1991.[6]

In 1996, Access Graphics grossed over $1 billion, and Ramsey was named "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.[7]

The islands of the Beaver Islands archipelago include, in approximate order of size from largest to smallest:

Beaver Island

Should the evidence of Beaver Hairs on JB's hand be considered as someone being mistaken because it is odd evidence?
s-evidence-fibers.htm

If something seems strange and out of place in a child's murder, it cannot be ignored, can it? Shouldn't it be explored?

Within 7 short years...
Of course!

I feel like the ransom note is the ONLY thing the parents did. What has always made me feel BR did it is that, what was done to her is so chaotic and seems more in line with a kid experimenting than parents being in shock and covering it up by doing crazy things to her.
The fact they didn't search that entire house is what has always put me off an intruder theory. If I found a note, you bet I would be searching every inch to be sure I am not being messed with. I would also at the same time be paranoid that they may still be there so I would be on the phone with someone at the same time just in case.

I feel like the ransom note is the ONLY thing the parents did. What has always made me feel BR did it is that, what was done to her is so chaotic and seems more in line with a kid experimenting than parents being in shock and covering it up by doing crazy things to her.
The fact they didn't search that entire house is what has always put me off an intruder theory. If I found a note, you bet I would be searching every inch to be sure I am not being messed with. I would also at the same time be paranoid that they may still be there so I would be on the phone with someone at the same time just in case.
I bounce between the three of them being the murderer as I read the different threads on here and the points of view of the evidence they are scrutinizing. I often wonder if it was BR, has he hurt others under the radar since? Does his father still cover for him? Just things I ponder based on my opinions.

I think I read somewhere that there is still DNA that could be tested. Why would not they just test it already. SMH!

I think I read somewhere that there is still DNA that could be tested. Why would not they just test it already. SMH!

I don't know what BPD's position is right now, but for a long time they reserved the remaining DNA until testing technology evolved further. They don't have a lot of the DNA left, and testing uses up quite a bit.

I don't know what BPD's position is right now, but for a long time they reserved the remaining DNA until testing technology evolved further. They don't have a lot of the DNA left, and testing uses up quite a bit.
DNA amplification would allow for testing if they wanted to.

DNA amplification is a process that increases the number of copies of a specific DNA region. This can be useful when there is little DNA to work with, as it allows researchers to obtain more of the target DNA for analysis or further experiments.

One common method for DNA amplification is the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). PCR is a technique that uses a DNA polymerase enzyme to synthesize new strands of DNA based on a template. By repeating this process multiple times, the amount of the target DNA can be exponentially increased.

DNA amplification is a process that increases the number of copies of a specific DNA region. This can be useful when there is little DNA to work with, as it allows researchers to obtain more of the target DNA for analysis or further experiments.

One common method for DNA amplification is the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). PCR is a technique that uses a DNA polymerase enzyme to synthesize new strands of DNA based on a template. By repeating this process multiple times, the amount of the target DNA can be exponentially increased.
If the DNA is a mixture of several person's DNA would this not require even more than usual if even possible to come up with a single identity or say 4 or 6 people. If the amounts are so miniscule, even if possible, I'm not sure we would learn anything that could prosecute anyone.

If the DNA is a mixture of several person's DNA would this not require even more than usual if even possible to come up with a single identity or say 4 or 6 people. If the amounts are so miniscule, even if possible, I'm not sure we would learn anything that could prosecute anyone.
Likely not. All it may accomplish is to identify people who came in contact with the victim.

IMO there will never be a trial for this case because of the crime scene contamination. JR moving her body, friends and the R's being allowed to roam around the house, the large number of cops moving in and out. And all of this is if an IDI. The suspect would have the perfect defense in the crime scene being contaminated. The only chance for a trial would be a cascade of circumstantial evidence. And if RDI, it makes it even more difficult prosecute because what is evidence and what isn't? I thought I heard they ran DNA again in 2021. At least I thought I heard that in a podcast that JR was interviewed in.

Thank you for filling in that information, GT.

How do things stand right now? Is JR saying the remaining DNA can be amplified and tested, but BPD are refusing to go forward with that, or not refusing but dragging their heels? Or, is he saying that,either way, the pressure is on, and he expects to succeed in having new DNA testing done? Please remind me; I've lost track. Normally, I feel responsible for "doing my own homework," but I've had a lot going on just lately.

Thank you for filling in that information, GT.

How do things stand right now? Is JR saying the remaining DNA can be amplified and tested, but BPD are refusing to go forward with that, or not refusing but dragging their heels? Or, is he saying that,either way, the pressure is on, and he expects to succeed in having new DNA testing done? Please remind me; I've lost track. Normally, I feel responsible for "doing my own homework," but I've had a lot going on just lately.
I think that the only way amplified or other DNA would be beneficial is if it were located where it should not be...like inside of JB underwear or internally inside her.

I am sure these were tested, but what were the findings?

It’s my understanding that amplification is still not yet being widely used for various reasons, although testing has proven it to be a reliable method of how to work with minimal DNA material, especially with touch DNA. There seems to be a reluctance, particularly in the US to validate amplification (guidelines need to be changed/updated), as it would eliminate the quantification step that most labs currently use and is a regulatory mandate. So it isn’t as simple as they could do it if they wanted to, current regulations in place do not allow for the quantification step (which PCA amplification does not use as part of the process) to be bypassed. And the quantification process uses up more of the already minimal DNA samples that are left.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back