IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s his defense. The pressures of being written off the show caused him to....blah, blah, blah. MOO
I would say that could be his "explanation" but isn't much of a defense.

And I think public redemption for this guy will be very difficult to find. Most of the time, we embrace giving second chances, the comeback story. Different types of crimes, addictions, public embarrassment, whatever - take a little break, do a little stint on Dancing with the Stars, you can come back. But - not from lying. Not misrepresentation. Not fraud. Not preying on people's sympathy and natural instinct to want to believe someone is telling the truth. People don't forgive and forget and give a pass when they feel purposely manipulated and deceived.

And, to add on to the non-believable part of the tale of recognizing him, is that I am certain he had to have been wearing some type of hat, scarf, covering his face IN THE POLAR VORTEX WIND AND TEMP.

I shovelled snow that day, it was colder as the saying goes, colder than a witches tit. And it was only -7f where I live. My whole body was bundled up from head to toe, several layers of clothing. I even put on my biggest ugliest glasses to keep my eyes and eyelids from being exposed. You could not tell if I was a male, female, or martian. The weatherman was saying NOT to even talk outside for fear of harming mouth mucosa.

So, for ANYONE to recognise Mr. Smollet waltzing...lol...down the street, And! WAITING to shout the maga bs is just too much for me to comprehend.

I guess because I remember the vortex days last month, the coldest I have ever experienced, the bs story about walkin around the Windy City and being lassoed and spritzed with the famous Son of Flubber formula of non-freezing bleach really got under my skin, lol. Pissed me off when I saw his story.

Sorry for the run on sentences...
You are so spot on! A number of us pointed out these issues early on in this thread and were beat all to hell for not being victim friendly. This story was so unbelievable from the get go. Anyone could have seen it.

Unless there is a rehab facility with a separate comedian wing I don't see them signing on for the aftermath of this one.

I truly had not read about this story until I happened to be watching GMA when Robin Roberts interviewed him. I shook my head. You could see that she wasn't into it. Bless her heart, she didn't laugh. It reminded me of when Steve Harvey called the wrong winner on Trump-owned Miss Universe. The next week Harvey had a game show premier and the following week a talk show. I had never heard of him before that.

JMO

JMO

I guess he wanted to test just how ridiculous a story he could come up with and still be believed. Two white guys roaming Chicago in subzero temps at some unholy hour, happen to notice JS as that guy on some TV show that less than 2% of the population watches. These mythical white guys are so unbelievable that they think Chicago is "MAGA country" and are dumb enough to be walking around with a rope to lynch a black man... on the streets of Chicago!! It gets better. JS is also so amazingly macho that he punches one of the guys back and they run away. All the while protecting his sandwich from getting smooshed.

And people believed it.
Even just his language. I was watching a body language expert speak on this. I don't remember the link, but she had good examples like when he said - "There was a tussle." "There was a second person involved who was kicking me in my back." "A second person involved." Huh?! Even that one had caught my attention when I watched his CBS interview. You would say something like, "And THEN, this other huge guy came running at me and started kicking my back!" Not out of nowhere this nice, calm description that, "there was a second person involved who was kicking me." What!! And if you were actually being beat up, you would not describe that as a "tussle." He also had a rope BURN on his neck - yet says he never even noticed it being put over his head or felt it tug hard enough to leave a mark??....hmmm.....

The body language person said it sounded like they had probably scripted this out ahead of time and that was the same language he was using in the media interviews. "The attacker." "A second person involved." "Over by "the" stairs." - As if the stairs was the location they had discussed. Otherwise, why would he even reference "the stairs." But if someone was actually attacked, a victim likely would not describe the perpetrators as, "The attacker." "A second person was involved" - like they were parts from the script they had written.

I guess he wanted to test just how ridiculous a story he could come up with and still be believed. Two white guys roaming Chicago in subzero temps at some unholy hour, happen to notice JS as that guy on some TV show that less than 2% of the population watches. These mythical white guys are so unbelievable that they think Chicago is "MAGA country" and are dumb enough to be walking around with a rope to lynch a black man... on the streets of Chicago!! It gets better. JS is also so amazingly macho that he punches one of the guys back and they run away. All the while protecting his sandwich from getting smooshed.

And people believed it.

I really do think that MOST people who believed it did so because they only read the headline, not all the details.

I would say that could be his "explanation" but isn't much of a defense.

And I think public redemption for this guy will be very difficult to find. Most of the time, we embrace giving second chances, the comeback story. Different types of crimes, addictions, public embarrassment, whatever - take a little break, do a little stint on Dancing with the Stars, you can come back. But - not from lying. Not misrepresentation. Not fraud. Not preying on people's sympathy and natural instinct to want to believe someone is telling the truth. People don't forgive and forget and give a pass when they feel purposely manipulated and deceived.

I didn’t say it was a GOOD defense. :D

And you are correct. People don’t like being lied to and manipulated.

But he actually DID go to Subway lol. I think what made this suspect from the start was that two white racists in the middle of the night recognized him! Enough to call him "Empire."

C'mon.

The hubris. Seriously. The crowd Mr. Smollett accused, probably has never even heard of the show, or seen it. I never did, or even heard of Mr. Smollett.

The reasons I never believed this story is that I used to live less than a mile north of the "attack" for many years.
I remember with fondness the neighborhood, the doormen, the security cameras and the safety I felt while walking those streets at night.
This is not to say bad things don't happen everywhere, but...I just can't see it changing all that much.

Secondly, I've been contemplating a trip back to Chicago to visit friends in the summer. And one thing that came to mind is that I'll have to edit my wardrobe.

When a person has to think that they can't bring that certain t-shirt they love from a marksmanship event, for fear that it will trigger some stranger's ideology and make them a target of an assault, verbal or otherwise...There is no doubt in my mind that there are no MAGA hat wearing people walking around.

IMHO, MOO, OINK, CLUCK, etc.

Oh dear. Look what’s turned up here in Los Angeles. It’s a on a bus stop near Fox studios! Parody of the Oscar nominated movie Black Panther, but it’s a big photo of Jussie with the title: Black Prankster, and the tag line: “For your consideration - Best Fictional Story”

Attachments

• 1F93DD40-596C-4C88-858B-5A20B74FD858.jpeg
    1F93DD40-596C-4C88-858B-5A20B74FD858.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

And people believed it.
Not just any people: other celebrities and politicians jumped right on it, calling for a federal investigation.....and they've got one, by golly! ABC News just showed a clip of Robin Robert's interview. The number of times Smollett's eyes dart to the left is a clear sign he's lying.

JMO

I really do think that MOST people who believed it did so because they only read the headline, not all the details.
And/or wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and not jump to conclusions. And not wanting to believe that someone would do this and put every other victim at risk of not being believed. Call me naive but I will always believe the victim (generally speaking) until given proof not to.

And people believed it.

No, he set it up better than that. He didn't rely upon anyone believing that this was a random event. He set it up by having the threatening letter sent to Fox Studios. In it, someone using cut out magazine letters, and stick figure crayon drawings, threatened to lynch him for being a ______ and a &%$##$@...etc etc///

So his purported scenario was these 2 guys followed him to Subway, on that freezing cold night....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv