IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fmr. S.A. Anita Alvarez on Kim Foxx:
“Maybe I should have just recused myself from the difficult cases that came across my desk when I was State’s Attorney. I was under the impression that when the voters elected me and I took my oath of office, it meant I had to do my job.” Brad Edwards on Twitter

IMHO, any connection to someone involved should be taken seriously. If the States Attorney can't be impartial or be seen to be impartial then she should recuse herself

I bet that Jussie is going to throw the brothers under the bus. And explain away everything else, and stick to his victimhood. He wants everyone to look stupid and apologize to him.

I hope that it does not work. That being said, the brothers are complicit in criminal activity and conspiracy, they should not get full immunity to roll on Jussie.

That being said, the brothers are complicit in criminal activity and conspiracy, they should not get full immunity to roll on Jussie.

I agree they should face consequences for these actions but given the power and economic dynamic between Jussie and the brothers, I feel like he should be treated way more harshly. Also the brothers seem to have confessed when confronted with the evidence whereas Jussie if he has talked to LE has not confessed or has simply avoided talking.

The attack wasn't caught on cameras or cctv, correct? If that is true why hire people to beat you up? If he is lying he made his story so complicated, with hats a noose and some chemical thrown at him. He could antagonized a MAGA hat wearing person in a bar and started a real fight with a real a-hole. The guys he supposedly hired, what were they thinking?
Yeah, and how would that go down? He picks a real fight with someone who beats the crap out of him, and it’s Jussie’s fault? I don’t think that would do him any good.

Jussie Smollett Faces Prison, Career Ruin if He Lied About Attack

“The best thing that Jussie can do is pray and pray a lot,” said Ronn Torossian, founder of 5W Public Relations. “If he made it up, he has big problems in both the court of law and the court of public opinion.

SBM

If Smollett falsified a police report, the charge is a Class 4 felony in Illinois, and carries a potential sentence of one to three years in prison. Smollett could also be ordered to pay restitution to compensate for the cost of the Chicago Police Department investigation.

“It’s a very, very, very serious situation,” said Phil Turner, a former federal prosecutor who now works in criminal defense in Chicago. “He’s got some very significant exposure.”

SBM

Steve Greenberg, a Chicago defense attorney, said prosecutors could also file a charge of obstruction of justice. He said it was likely, though, that Smollett would be allowed to plead to a misdemeanor, and not serve jail time.

“They’re not going to ruin a guy’s life over this,” Greenberg said. “People make false reports all the time to the police. They get in a DUI, they call police and say, ‘My car was stolen.’ Ninety percent of the time, even if they’re charged with a felony, those people end up pleading to a misdemeanor.”

Smollett has retained two criminal defense attorneys, Victor Henderson and Todd Pugh. They have denied that Smollett staged the attack, and said he will continue to cooperate.

“His lawyers may be having a psychiatrist examine the guy so they could prepare some kind of psychiatric defense,” Turner said.

SBM

There are plenty of racists a-holes around, you don't have to do much but exist to antagonize them. I meant make a comment about their hat, or the wall and if they get enraged and hit you, that's on them.
Sounds like he would have been better off pacing up and down the street at 2am, just existing, and wait for a random racist a-hole to beat him up. Amazing how he avoided that fate.

Jussie Smollett Faces Prison, Career Ruin if He Lied About Attack

“The best thing that Jussie can do is pray and pray a lot,” said Ronn Torossian, founder of 5W Public Relations. “If he made it up, he has big problems in both the court of law and the court of public opinion.

SBM

If Smollett falsified a police report, the charge is a Class 4 felony in Illinois, and carries a potential sentence of one to three years in prison. Smollett could also be ordered to pay restitution to compensate for the cost of the Chicago Police Department investigation.

“It’s a very, very, very serious situation,” said Phil Turner, a former federal prosecutor who now works in criminal defense in Chicago. “He’s got some very significant exposure.”

SBM

Steve Greenberg, a Chicago defense attorney, said prosecutors could also file a charge of obstruction of justice. He said it was likely, though, that Smollett would be allowed to plead to a misdemeanor, and not serve jail time.

“They’re not going to ruin a guy’s life over this,” Greenberg said. “People make false reports all the time to the police. They get in a DUI, they call police and say, ‘My car was stolen.’ Ninety percent of the time, even if they’re charged with a felony, those people end up pleading to a misdemeanor.”

Smollett has retained two criminal defense attorneys, Victor Henderson and Todd Pugh. They have denied that Smollett staged the attack, and said he will continue to cooperate.

“His lawyers may be having a psychiatrist examine the guy so they could prepare some kind of psychiatric defense,” Turner said.

SBM

Great. People lie to law Enforcement about a very serious hate crime.

"That was very BAD, don't do it again.".

This is the 2nd time Mr. Smollett has lied to law Enforcement officers. Underscore, 2nd time.

This is why reporting a fake hate crime needs to carry federal charges, with mandatory sentences. This is not a game. Or something you should be able to buy or deal your way out of. It is a serious criminal behavior. And I am tired of the pass given to people who create this drama.

I don't accept the "mental illness" pass either. The issue is, did the person do it with intent? Did the person know it was against the law to file a false statement to LEO? Did the person benefit from filing the false reports?

Last edited:
The way the news has pandered to this idiot has been sickening. I would like every one of the people who interviewed him with google-eyed sympathy to make a statement that they were wrong.

That would be a refreshing new concept.

It would be new for sure, because for years MSM have lead the charge on false narratives.

It seems in the last 5 or 6 years MSM no longer really cares any longer to vet their stories, much less wait for the facts to come forward, before jumping the gun.

The saddest thing to me is MSM doesn't wait for the facts to become known, but gleefully run with the false narratives, night, and, day, 24/7. Sometimes for many weeks or months. Facts should matter to everyone including the media.

MSM actually makes these false claims far worse by giving the false narratives a huge platform to spread like a toxic virus.

It feels like many times in false claim stories they fully support them without question.

This story, and several others they have covered giving them massive coverage over the years have been questionable at best from the very beginning, as to what the real truth truly is/was when they first came out

But for some strange unexplainable reason they want to convince their viewers it was true anyway, and happened exactly how they want everyone to believe, without question.

Seeing this happen many times over the years, I can only come to one conclusion, and MSM must love to stir the pot, and does so faster than the fastest spinning top.

Every time they have pushed a false narrative at lightning speed, lol, I have never seen all of journalists come out afterwards, and apologize or even turn around, and give as much airtime blasting the ones who were totally untruthful the entire time.

It's like MSM keeps pushing these false narratives over,and over again wanting, and expecting a different results.

It is strange, since it isn't like Jussie's false claims is the only one they have given a platform to where it grew legs. You would think it would make them overly cautious, since its happened before.

They just seem to drop it, and then all of a sudden they want to move on or lamely say they are waiting for further information now the false claims has been exposed. LOL!

They sure didnt wait when they didnt even know what the truth was though!!! Ha ha.

Strange how quickly they change how they are now going to do something totally different though, isn't it?

Imo

Last edited:
MSM actually makes these false claims far worse by giving the false narratives a platform to spread like a toxic virus.

But for some strange unexplainable reason they want to convince their viewers it was true anyway, and happened exactly how they want everyone to believe without question.

Seeing this happen many times over the years, I can only come to one conclusion, and MSM must loves to stir the pot, and does so faster than the fastest spinning top.

Every time they have pushed a false narrative at lightning speed, lol, I have never seen all of journalists come out afterwards, and apologize or even turn around, and give as much airtime blasting the ones who were totally untruthful the entire time.

It's like MSM keeps pushing these false narratives over,and over again wanting, and expecting different results.

Imo

RSBM. Very well said, and something of a national epidemic that includes and goes beyond just the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10