IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by TTF14, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

This is why I've been giving this the side-eye. Talking to family members of VOC is pretty much her job and not at all improper. However, feeding confidential criminal case information is another matter...

2. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

It seemed odd that keeping it around his neck seemed like 'evidence' of anything. He could have held it in his hand and it would be just as evidential. Keeping it around his neck is no more proof of anything than it would be if he handed it over to them.

And if someone was truly trying to strangle me with a noose, I couldn't get that rope off fast enough. Continuing to walk alone at midnight in the Chicago streets, after being jumped, with a rope around my neck? NEVER. :eek:

3. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

4. jggordo

jggordo Well-Known Member

If Jussie is convicted he won't be able to "profit" from his crimes, but there is nothing to keep an attorney from writing a book or movie. Quite the nest egg activity for the retirement years.

JMO

5. Tim Callahan

Tim Callahan Well-Known Member

I think Jersey Mike's and Quizno's should sue JS for all of the unfair free publicity he gave their biggest competitor, Subway.

Subiechik21, TDoc72, wary and 11 others like this.
  6. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

I firmly believe there are deep pockets behind him. Ever since the recusal I hopped on that train. But I also firmly believe these folks will never be known.
    JMHO

7. Tim Callahan

Tim Callahan Well-Known Member

I'm investing in popcorn futures right now.

8. cybervampira

Lol. I guess Fox 32 is waiting for some action and we get to see a beautiful aerial view of Chicago in the meantime.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT NOW A SUSPECT: Police say "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett is now officially a suspect for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony) regarding his alleged attack in Chicago. A Class 4 felony can carry a prison sentence of 1 to 3 years, and also a fine up to $25,000. MORE: Officials: Jussie Smollett now a suspect for filing a false police report

9. Deborah1012

Deborah1012 Well-Known Member

Juan Williams: “I think he’s mentally ill!” No Juan, you can’t justify it so easily to let him off the hook. I think Jussie had a huge chip on his shoulder and was ready to speed up the process to prove America is a racist, homophobic country. He had enough narcissism to believe he could pull it off and enough hate for the current administration to fuel it. He fell flat on his face. What a comeuppance when he thought he’d have fans supporting and comforting him. Instead he had his nemesis, Trump, sympathizing (before the hoax was apparent) about what a horrible thing to have happened to him. What a waste of time and energy and resources for this idiot.

10. Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse Well-Known Member

I have a feeling there was some advocacy involved.

11. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

He was worried that CPD body cams would cause a commotion in the apartment building with the neighbors but walking through the lobby, going up the elevator and walking down a hall with a noose around your neck wouldn't raise any eyebrows with the neighbors?

12. cybervampira

Not if he made police dress like the Empire cast first!

13. jggordo

jggordo Well-Known Member

I believe that the City or County is the plaintiff. In cases where someone such as this is screaming hate crimes, homophobic complaints and requiring LE to add patrols and dedicate additional detectives not to mention lab expenditures etc. there should be retribution. Cities and County budgets have limited ways to go to hire and par LE.

JMO

14. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

BREAKING: @ABC7Chicago obtains surveillance video that appears to show brothers involved in Smollett investigation leaving a Chicago store after buying items allegedly used in staged attack on Jussie Smollett.

Not much to see, but video at the link:

Rob Elgas on Twitter

15. Mickey Mouse

Same here, I thought the conspiracy stuff was silly. Now, not so much. I'm hoping the Feds will shake the apples out of the tree.

16. cybervampira

17. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

New York has prosecuted fake / false hate crimes numerous times. Ones that were constantly on social media and bandied 24/7 on MSM.

I will not be surprised if this ends up in court because that is the way Geragos rolls. Maybe it will be televised on the new Court TV. Just saying.

18. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

What you describe wouldn’t be slander or defamation, though, which is the question I was answering. That’s a civil court issue.

There are ways to recoup funds spent that are tied to any false police reports made. That’s a separate issue from the question I answered.

19. Mickey Mouse

Maybe he thought it would be in keeping with the "MAGA country" theme.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  20. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

Maybe he is known for kink?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.