IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, if you look at the quote I replied to, and follow the quotes leading up to it, I was quoting the poster who was talking about Roseanne Barr and the career fallout from what RB said.
moo
Do you think JS will have a career after this? Even if he cried and repented, I doubt it. He disappointed those who trusted and supported him big time.

Do you think JS will have a career after this? Even if he cried and repented, I doubt it. He disappointed those who trusted and supported him big time.
I don't know if he will have a career after this, Roseann Barr kissed hers goodbye.
Maybe others more knowledgeable than me can chime in here.
Perhaps JS will write a book and go on the talkshow circuit?
Who knows. I don't think he'll be jailed but I think his career may suffer a setback.
MOO

Sure. His supporters will claim it isn't important that his claim was false. He was just voicing what the marginalized go through all the time but don't have the platform to voice it.

Just a heads up.It is considered at the very least rude to post about other posters and gloating isn't a good look for anyone.
Also no word from Jussie .For all we know these two men may have fibbed to detectives to clear their names.Also no word from the Superintendent.
Not directed at you, but to suggest that someone in politics is behind this to pass a bill is beyond ridiculous.IMO

I do not recall anyone suggesting anyone in "politics" had anything to do with this. I don't think we will ever get a word from Jussie. He has lawyer-ed up. I don't believe either that Chicago Police would state they do not consider him a victim if they thought those two brothers were lying.

I honestly don't see rioting.
Will though be very interesting to see how all of the mayoral candidates publicly react to JS in the next few days. I think that will set the tone.

Mr. Smollett is not really embraced by the community. No one is going to riot for this guy.

On the GMA, watch his eyes dart around when he talks about the attack. It is so obviously a lie, the tape could be used for training. He must not be a good actor, because he can't lie very well.

I don't know if he will have a career after this, Roseann Barr kissed hers goodbye.
Maybe others more knowledgeable than me can chime in here.
Perhaps JS will write a book and go on the talkshow circuit?
Who knows. I don't think he'll be jailed but I think his career may suffer a setback.
MOO

That's exactly the ironic thing. JS didn't even HAVE a career yet. The reason for a stunt like this is to become relevant and have some sense of notoriety. Were it not for this fiasco Robin Roberts would not even be interviewing him. But NOW people know his name. I'm sure he'll get a Felony out of this and won't have a Screen Actors Guild card any longer to say the least.

JMO

I do not recall anyone suggesting anyone in "politics" had anything to do with this. I don't think we will ever get a word from Jussie. He has lawyer-ed up. I don't believe either that Chicago Police would state they do not consider him a victim if they thought those two brothers were lying.
I beg to differ. Many such posts regarding the anti lynching bill and his friendships with the politicians (namely Harris and Waters) who are interested in the bill passing.
Read back and you will see it heavily insinuated. IMO

This thread will be closing in a few minutes and a new one opening up shortly.

This is tragic all the way around. With more media coming out and suggesting JS "orchestrated the attack" it is not looking good for JS.

If it turns out he did make the attack up I worry that the next time a real victim of violence may not report it due to the fear of being not believed.

New thread on the way. Please remember to be polite to each other.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member