IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by TTF14, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

What do you think would have happened if the police didn't say anything about the strength of the new evidence---but they just quietly arrested Jussie, and charged him?

2. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

3. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

He did say that Subway was the winner in this - Now we all know that Subway is open at 2am. ;)

4. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

5. rift

rift Member

I really think he will get a minor slap on the wrist. Unfortunately there is a very large part of America that has no problem with this so why upset the status quo. Agenda agenda agenda. Absolutely my opinion only as this flies off the radar.

6. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Oh man.... I was going to say Geragos got old.... but really I did. I don't think I have seen him on tv since the SP days.

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Good to see you!

8. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

9. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

So apparently JS has set back the cause of true hate crime victims over his dissatisfaction with ... his salary on a TV show?

At which he makes $60,000 per episode, more than most Americans make in a year?

Just SMH. Some people just cannot appreciate how good they've got it.

Even if his beef was that he was being paid less than his co-stars for doing the same work, this was no way to protest that.

10. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Except the problem is, at least some of his siblings came out swinging, saying he would unequivocally never stage a hate crime for profit. Even if they present a united front simply for his sake, we're left thinking they still believe him, which in turn makes me question their intelligence, if not their loyalties.

Another Darwin Award winner in the crowd...

Excellent! Don't forget:

5. Don't pay by check.

Not to mention, people will quote for months (maybe longer) under any similar circumstances, his contention that he could "tell the attackers were white, by the skin showing around their mask[ed] eye-holes". If he somehow manages to win this case, which means jurors have believed him, you can put another nail in the coffin of the infallibility of eyewitness testimony, on either side.

11. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

So true. This is a guy who threw his own BROTHER under the bus to law enforcement when trying to save his own skin, does anyone really think he cares about anyone but himself? (Not asking you specifically, just the public in general.)

He would have cheerfully (yet while outwardly seething rage) and without a bit of guilt allowed any two miscellaneous white men go to prison for his fake hate crime.

He basked and relished in the attention he first received, poor oppressed Jussie who fought the f back! He was his own favorite super hero.

I was one who thought he wanted it on camera; he must have been so peeved when he realized it wasn’t! Lol! Brave Jussie, single-handedly thwarting two rabid, racist, homophobic, Empire watching Jussie haters.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  12. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

RBBM: He may not have been a "super hero", but we can definitely say he was a "supper hero" - saved the sub sammie, didn't he? :D

13. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Poor Subway...first Jared, now Jussie? They can’t catch a break.

14. nwmouse

nwmouse Well-Known Member

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

People on WS are highly intelligent and some questioned JS's story because it had some rather odd discrepancies.

He was mostly given the benefit of the doubt, until his story unraveled and was clearly making no sense.
    It HAS turned out to be a hoax.

a) it has been proven that the "letter" was cut out from magazines in the Nigerian bro's apartment.
    b) JS sent the letter to himself.
    c) The bros confessed to everything, including being paid, doing test runs and purchasing the rope from a hardware store.

This is the most compassionate, victim-friendly forum online, imho.

And when a celebrity manufactures a hate crime hoax its *very* serious. The effects are be far-reaching and hurt those who really ARE the victims of hate crimes.

Many who gave JS the benefit of the doubt, believed him, came out to bat for him, are understandably indignant and frustrated that he lied and made up this story.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2019
  15. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

You mean you weren’t thinking “If I get pulled over by the po po, I can roll on my bro to get out of a ticket!” or “My hubsy wubsy doesn’t appreciate me; perhaps I can assault myself and beat myself up!”

16. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Ecstasy makes you LOVE everyone and everything, it’s fun, fun, fun. Plus it’s not physically addicting like heroin or oxy, he wouldn’t be out dope sick, willing to do anything for his next fix. It just wears off and you’re you again, in Jussie’s case still hateful and devious. He may WANT to do more, but if so it seems like he was able to buy it. (Embarrassingly speaking from personal experience, back when I was young, invincible and stupid.)

17. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Correct. Jussie can’t even make a fake drug problem believable.

18. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Hilarious! :D

19. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

Days before Jussie Smollett told police he was the victim of a vicious racist and homophobic attack, the “Empire” star sent a cautious text to a friend, Cook County prosecutors say.

“Might need your help on the low,” he messaged Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo, Smollett’s co-worker and alleged sometime ecstasy dealer. “You around to meet up and talk face to face?”

How a text from Jussie Smollett set in motion an alleged hoax that dragged 'Chicago's reputation through the mud'

Hours later, Smollett endured the wrath of another black authority figure, Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr., who said he couldn’t in good conscience release the 36-year-old actor from custody on his own recognizance. Instead he set bond at $100,000.

“The most vile and despicable part of it, if it’s true, is the noose,” said Lyke, voicing a similar theme to Johnson’s. “That symbol conjures up such evil in this country’s history.”

Shortly before 4 p.m., after a friend from California posted the necessary $10,000, a stone-faced Smollett left Cook County Jail amid a crush of reporters screaming questions. He had surrendered to authorities about 5 a.m. Thursday.

Smollett gave them a $100 bill to buy rope, ski masks, gloves and red baseball caps that would look like the “Make America Great Again” hat sported by Trump, Lanier said.

Jmo When jussie wouldn’t hand over his phone right away I’m sure that raised eyebrows, probably got search warrant then.

In fact that told me that he was hiding something and it wasn’t private pics/conversations.

20. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

It isn’t necessarily true that when molly wears off that you’re just you again. Many people feel depressed after coming down from molly. Speaking from my own experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.