GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by TTF14, Jan 30, 2019.

1. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

@KALI seriously?! Isn't that worth an Emmy? And, Jussie "Wants the TRUTH to come out".

Hmmm...

2. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

IMO, Kim Foxx's handling of the Jussie Smolette case was the prime reason Toni Preckwinkle lost the recent Chicago mayoral election. Kim Foxx is/was TP's prodigy.
    Linking a couple of articles that might be helpful in filling in a few more names..........

Preckwinkle defends Foxx behavior in Smollett case as FOP demands federal probe

The Spin: Foxx talks Smollett | Preckwinkle's patronage hires | Final TV debate tonight

Cook County's top prosecutor attracts admiration in D.C., but Kim Foxx mum about bigger political ambitions

EXPOSED: Kim Foxx's 'Mentor' Kamala Harris Was Co-Chair of Foxx's Transition Committee - Big League Politics

3. mickey2942

I wish that we could add a poll to this thread.

What does everyone think is going to happen with this situation? Where is this going to go from here?

4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Probably nowhere.
    I think most people know he was lying, and these released records will show that.

But the charges were already dropped and he is not going to be charged with anything else, most likely.

Even the phoney threatening letters---those were probably mailed by the brothers at Jussie's request. So he won't be charged with that either. JMO

5. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Is anyone really shocked? He’ll be free of any future charges too. If the show was on the other foot all he’ll would have broken loose to condemn. Nothing ever changes.

6. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

7. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is just a glimpse of the additional evidence against JS that the police alluded to and knew they had, from scouring the closed circuit cameras all over Chicago and back...

8. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Forever tarnished reputations, but probably not much more. Eventually, Kim Foxx and her career will cease to be affected because, well, corruption gets overlooked eventually. Jussie's career is over, though, unless he fesses up and begs for forgiveness. If he does he may be able to get guest spots here and there on sitcoms on the WB.

9. mister happy

mister happy Well-Known Member

The fact that Smollett is steadfastly maintaining his innocence goes a lot deeper than just claiming the attack wasn't a hoax. Essentially, Smollett is saying those two brothers had it out for him, and attacked him. He is throwing Able and Ola under the bus in a lame attempt to save his public image. Talk about a double cross. Plus, the fact that the brothers are black makes it even worse. I mean, doesn't Smollett consider himself to be a black civil rights activist? I can't believe some folks are still supporting this nasty phony clown.

10. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

W T F ? !

- - -

The road is being cleared for Jussie Smollett’s return to “Empire.”

According to multiple production sources, “Empire’s” writers are currently breaking ideas for the Fox show’s sixth and final season with the expectation that Smollett will appear in the back half of the 18-episode season. Smollett was written out of the final episodes of the show’s fifth season following severe backlash stemming from accusations the actor and musician faked a hate crime against himself earlier this year in Chicago.

- more at link: ‘Empire’ Writers Prepping for Jussie Smollett’s Return in Season 6 (EXCLUSIVE)

11. mickey2942

This was always the plan, when he wasn't terminated and paid for season 6. Apparently hoax hate crimes are perfectly acceptable.

12. anonypotomous

Henson, Howard, and the rest of the drama series’ top cast, penned a letter to Fox Entertainment CEO Charlie Collier, Disney TV Studios and ABC Entertainment chair Dana Walden, Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn, Empire co-creators Lee Daniels and Danny Strong, and other executive producers on the series.

“Together, as a united front, we stand with Jussie Smollett and ask that our co-star, brother and friend be brought back for our sixth season of Empire,” read the letter, obtained by Deadline. It is signed by Bryshere Y. Gray, Trai Byers, Gabourey Sidibe, and Nicole Ari Parker.

Full letter (it’s long!) is here, if you haven’t seen it:

Jussie Smollett Scandal: ‘Empire’ Cast Inks Letter Supporting Actor

- - -

13. anonypotomous

Sorry, I didn’t realize this was the plan. I never read that. I’ll delete! I thought it was a new update.

14. JDG

JDG Websleuther

"He is honest and above all he is filled with integrity." ----from letter

Okay, now who is telling porkies?

15. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Its dated April, 2019, so its relatively new. I enjoyed reading the fiction within the letter. :cool:

Please don't delete it, I might read the other fibs later. ;)

CarolAnn, TRB, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  16. mickey2942

No, they never "announced" it. Just when he wasn't terminated, it was pretty much implied.

That is why Smollett never had to plead "Guilty" for his deal. If he had, there would have been a lot more problems with keeping him on the show.

Snoods, sassyblue, lucylulu and 3 others like this.
  17. mickey2942

The amount of money that is riding on "Empire" and the sixth season is why Smollett was given a pass. A show can only go into syndication with 100 episodes. Up to the 5th season there were 84 episodes.

Syndication is the key to residual income for the stars, developers, anyone who gets some of the pie. "Empire" bosses definitely did not want "Empire" to go the way of the "Cosby Show".

Laughing, TRB, Snoods and 5 others like this.
  18. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Mickey, so how is ^^^that connected to the seemingly corrupt politicos?? IMO MOO etc

mickey2942 likes this.
  19. mickey2942

JDG, I don't know...do you think it has anything to do with money?

No. Politicians needing money? Never. Of course not.

SaguaroSpirit, neesaki and Snoods like this.
  20. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

This is just too much! I’m cringing so hard at how anyone could possibly be that dumb. How can he even show his face without dying from humiliation? If I were his clothes I’d be hiding from him. Don’t wear me in public!

He specifically wanted the camera on him during his gay Tupac saved my tuna someone placed a shoestring acrost my face excellent karate chop I fight the F back charade, but forgot about the bagazillion cameras filming him out and about every other minute of his life?