GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside: does anyone else think ‘they’ should go after Jussie for his illegal drug use??

He was very open about cocaine and mj use.

Can he be charged for his ‘openness’ in regards to drug use?

No. But I see this as a segway to "substance abuse treatment" program, paid for by JS, as an alternative sentencing plan. Rather than prison. Or a cush substance abuse treatment program in prison. No doubt his handlers have already found a place. If he gets a prison sentence, which may happen.

I see substance abuse treatment and mental health assessments as his plan, especially if federal charges come around. (White Powder letter).

(I don't see federal charges happening though. The current administration is 'soft and cuddly'.".) Gosh darn it!

Jussie Smollett is in 'matrix of arrogance' before sentencing: experts

This article is smack on! And an excellent analysis of "Modern Day Narcissists". Interesting, the psychologist points out that what JS really needed was someone in his life to point out that he was being an idiot, rather than continue to support his idiot claims. Excellent point.

I hope that the judge takes into account the hours of testimony, and the arrogance of JS already filing his appeal.

My real question, is that if this is all true, in the beginning, why did he take the first deal offered by Kim Foxx? At that point, he should have dug in his heels, and declined her offer.
YES, what a great article. Very interesting...

The six Smollett kids were united both by their early lives as child stars on a sitcom together and by their parents’ longstanding civil rights activism.

Growing up, “we had our own world,” Smollett told The New York Times in 2016. “We call it our Smoll Nation.” The family had their “own culture” and “ganged up” on anyone who crossed them, his siblings said.

...snip...

“He had these heavy hitters championing and cheerleading him,” Durvasula said. “All these people in the political and legal and justice world — [Cook County Attorney] Kim Foxx, the Obamas and Kamala Harris come to mind. They did not do him any favors. His family may also have enabled his grandiose nonsense.”

Dr. Simon says the only cure for narcissism like what Smollett seems to show is for them to be “totally defeated.”

“But these folks rarely cave,” he said. “They have a total abhorrence of giving into anything they see as bigger than themselves.”

He threw his own brother under the bus for a DUI? What a creepy move.

Like I said long time ago..
He is dangerous. He needs help & needs to change BUT Narcs don’t want to change.
It’s everyone else’s fault. Everyone else needs to change. At least some incarceration might humble him down for awhile.
Glad the jury called him out!

MOO

Just chiming in as someone who has not been following this to closely. Jussie should get some jail time, just like the brothers would have if they were found guilty. The judge should be thinking, put Jussie down. Let it be a short sentence but just enough to let Jussie reflect.

I agree, and not just reflect but showing people that celebrities can get in trouble as well; to set a precedent. We all expect him to basically get a slap on the wrist - probation and restitution. But when you're costing a city $130,000 monetarily and in time that they could be working on real cases, I think it's important to show that the justice system will not stand for that.

YES, what a great article. Very interesting...

The six Smollett kids were united both by their early lives as child stars on a sitcom together and by their parents’ longstanding civil rights activism.

Growing up, “we had our own world,” Smollett told The New York Times in 2016. “We call it our Smoll Nation.” The family had their “own culture” and “ganged up” on anyone who crossed them, his siblings said.

...snip...

“He had these heavy hitters championing and cheerleading him,” Durvasula said. “All these people in the political and legal and justice world — [Cook County Attorney] Kim Foxx, the Obamas and Kamala Harris come to mind. They did not do him any favors. His family may also have enabled his grandiose nonsense.”

Dr. Simon says the only cure for narcissism like what Smollett seems to show is for them to be “totally defeated.”

“But these folks rarely cave,” he said. “They have a total abhorrence of giving into anything they see as bigger than themselves.”
Love Dr. Ramani

Jussie Smollett Faces At Least Two Lawsuits Now Strengthened By His Conviction | Oxygen Official Site

CITY OF CHICAGO VS. SMOLLETT
Chicago sued Smollett in April 2019, after he refused to pay $130,106.15 to reimburse the city for police overtime and other costs spent on the investigation.

[snip]

The lawsuit says the city "incurred significant costs" investigating the high-profile alleged hate crime, and seeks reimbursement from Smollett for 1,836 hours of police overtime.

A federal judge stayed proceedings pending the outcome of the criminal case after a special prosecutor investigated and new charges were filed against Smollett in February 2020.
[snip]

OSUNDAIRO BROTHERS' LAWSUIT
The Osundairo brothers, who were star witnesses for the prosecution at Smollett's trial, filed their own lawsuit in April 2019 accusing Smollett's attorneys of defamation and seeking unspecified financial damages.

They claimed that the attorneys accused the brothers of leading "a criminally homophobic, racist and violent attack" against Smollett, destroying their personal and professional reputations. The lawsuit named as defendants celebrity attorney Mark Geragos, lawyer Tina Glandian and Geragos' Los Angeles-based law firm.

[snip]

A federal judge in Chicago put the case on hold until the completion of the Smollett trial and asked the parties to file a status report with the court by Feb. 1, 2022.

I agree, and not just reflect but showing people that celebrities can get in trouble as well; to set a precedent. We all expect him to basically get a slap on the wrist - probation and restitution. But when you're costing a city $130,000 monetarily and in time that they could be working on real cases, I think it's important to show that the justice system will not stand for that.

It has been known to happen! Look at Martha Stewart, and the two Hollywood actresses who did time for the College Cheating Scandal. This 'act' by JS should never be repeated by anyone...no matter 'Who' you are.

It has been known to happen! Look at Martha Stewart, and the two Hollywood actresses who did time for the College Cheating Scandal. This 'act' by JS should never be repeated by anyone...no matter 'Who' you are.
JMO, but faking a hate crime should have enhanced penalties, just like a hate crime.

I predict that he uses these lawsuits against him as examples of racial prejudice against him, furthering his claims of victimhood...:rolleyes:

Complicated idea, racial prejudice.

Late father Joel Smollett was born in Russia, lived in Poland, and was Jewish.

Jussie Smollett - Wikipedia

Agree there is plenty of racial prejudice against Jewish people, and this has been much worse in the last couple years....

I was trying to figure out the logic of the Osundairo Brothers putting a noose on JS, since they were supposedly beating him up for being gay. Zero logic there.

Script fail. As @al66pine pointed out.

Jamal Lyon - Wikipedia

This is interesting, a "Wiki" summary of the character JS played on Empire.

"He initially expresses resentment towards fame and is hesitant to be in the limelight.".

Exactly how his defense attorneys attempted to portray JS! Which we knew was not true! Now, we know where they got that information.

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out the logic of the Osundairo Brothers putting a noose on JS, since they were supposedly beating him up for being gay. Zero logic there.

Script fail. As @al66pine pointed out.

Jamal Lyon - Wikipedia

This is interesting, a "Wiki" summary of the character JS played on Empire.

"He initially expresses resentment towards fame and is hesitant to be in the limelight.".

Exactly how his defense attorneys attempted to portray JS! Which we knew was not true! Now, we know where they got that information.
It seems pretty clear that him still wearing the noose and still having the sandwich made the police very suspicious right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member