GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megan Crepeau
@crepeau

·
1h
Replying to
@crepeau
Special Prosecutor Dan Webb has submitted this report to the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, according to a spokesperson for his firm. The ARDC is in charge of investigating alleged wrongdoing by Illinois attorneys.
Hopefully "Crooked" Kim Foxx gets disbarred for awhile.

"Mischaracterized" is that a synonym for "lying"? Just asking.

"Prosecutorial Discretion" has always meant to me, that latitude depends on the circumstances and totality of the situation. Generally, not for trying to erase an embarrassing mess.

Did Jurnee Smollett and Kim Foxx know each other prior to Jussie's initial arrest? Who called who? Or, who instructed whoever to make that ( I didn't do anything wrong ) call? I just keep shaking my head!
What a world!!

Did Jurnee Smollett and Kim Foxx know each other prior to Jussie's initial arrest? Who called who? Or, who instructed whoever to make that ( I didn't do anything wrong ) call? I just keep shaking my head!
What a world!!

Great questions. I was hoping to get that cleared up too. But this is all I got:

From the Dan Webb interview: Tina Tchen, the attorney and former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, texted Kim Foxx a few days after the "attack" and said she knew some of his family.

I am fuzzy on the rest.

Last edited:
Great questions. I was hoping to get that cleared up too. But this is all I got:

From the Dan Webb interview: Tina Tchen, the attorney and former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, texted Kim Foxx a few days after the "attack" and said she knew some of his family.

I am fuzzy on the rest.

Thanks! Now I wonder if Tina Tchen and Kim Foxx go " way back" and knew each other? Or, was this a 'new friendship' kind of thing? Sadly, it is fairly obvious to me that these questions won't get asked or answered....

Last edited:

This will be interesting. Especially because Smollett has filed an appeal. He is doubling down on his "innocence".

I guess that no one is going to address the "White Powder" terrorism letter. Using the United States mail system for a terrorist hoax is not a joke.

This can go two ways, JS accepts his criminal behavior and is fully contrite, asking for substance abuse treatment to help him maintain a sober life. Or JS doubles down on his denial of his participation in this hoax and lying to LEO. That won't go well for him.

Everything in this article is ludicrous.

The judge is being panned for not allowing cameras and a media circus in the courtroom?

In other words, Smollett wanted to "Cherry Pick" his own personal jury, consistent with people who have lived under a rock for the last decade. He more than likely wanted a jury of elderly women, like his Mother, who wouldn't believe that such a "pretty face" could create a bizarre sequence of events.

Everything in this article is ludicrous.

The judge is being panned for not allowing cameras and a media circus in the courtroom?

In other words, Smollett wanted to "Cherry Pick" his own personal jury, consistent with people who have lived under a rock for the last decade. He more than likely wanted a jury of elderly women, like his Mother, who wouldn't believe that such a "pretty face" could create a bizarre sequence of events.

Much as I think that Smollett is guilty of a serious crime, I’m a bit worried about the issue of jury selection. The system I’m familiar with is one where both prosecution and defense have control over which jurors are chosen.

Is that not true in Illinois? Or is the appeal just the usual assortment of desperate lies that we see when someone is obviously guilty?

Much as I think that Smollett is guilty of a serious crime, I’m a bit worried about the issue of jury selection. The system I’m familiar with is one where both prosecution and defense have control over which jurors are chosen.

Is that not true in Illinois? Or is the appeal just the usual assortment of desperate lies that we see when someone is obviously guilty?

I am a current 'Chillinois' resident. The Last time I was picked for a jury ( 5 years ago ), I was questioned by both prosecution and defense attorneys. I believe the system remains the same. In Smollets case, I don't think cameras or any press were allowed in during jury selection.

If they had issues with the jury, it should have been brought up before. I think we discussed this very issue in the thread. My personal belief is that the defense knew what the outcome would be, regardless of the jury, so they let it ride, to make it a huge appellate issue.

To be clear, they want to create a "race issue", when what they have is a client who lies. He lied to police, he lied to the public, he lied on the stand. There is no racial situation here. It is actually insulting that the defense believes that changing the jury would create a different outcome.

But, they actually don't want another trial. They just want the judge to forget this and set aside the verdict. No. That won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes