IL - Actor Jussie Smollett, hate crime hoax, Jan 2019 *Guilty* #7

TTF14

Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I find Smollett very interesting. Has he convinced himself that he is a victim? Will he continue to state he was a "victim"? It will be interesting to see if he can resume his career. Is he a "pariah"? Or can he get back on top again? I am not sure that continuing to wear his "victim" persona will work for him.

He has definitely alienated a lot of people who used to support him.

That courtroom outburst has me thinking about this. Do you all think Jussie has one of the Cluster B personality disorders?
I’m not sure what that means but I agree with what the judge said when describing him.

Narcissist
Charlatan
Hypocrite
Liar
Perjurer

I may have missed a few.

He needs an intervention. Any intervention will fail as long as his enablers refuse to hold him accountable. It’s really sick.

I find Smollett very interesting. Has he convinced himself that he is a victim? Will he continue to state he was a "victim"? It will be interesting to see if he can resume his career. Is he a "pariah"? Or can he get back on top again? I am not sure that continuing to wear his "victim" persona will work for him.

He has definitely alienated a lot of people who used to support him.
I know they all 'came to bat' for him during the sentencing hearing. They all gave great letters of testimony about what a wonderful compassionate human he is.

But what happens when he is released in a few months? Will they roll out the welcome mat and will he be hired in lots of high profile projects? I am not so sure.

I am sure that Ol Reverend Al and Jesse Jackson will be there for him, no problem. But will all the Hollywood elite want to work with him again? I am not so sure.

I’m not sure what that means but I agree with what the judge said when describing him.

Narcissist
Charlatan
Hypocrite
Liar
Perjurer

I may have missed a few.

He needs an intervention. Any intervention will fail as long as his enablers refuse to hold him accountable. It’s really sick.

I really wonder about his family. Do they truly believe JS? Or was that show the other day just playing the "party line" to support him?

I read something I wrote about two years ago on an earlier thread about JS. I believe that if he had just decided his "plan" didn't play out, he should have just stayed quiet about it.

His open defiance and playing the ongoing "victim" card. The arrogance is what has ended him up in jail. I think if he had just pretended it never happened, it would have fizzled out.

I really wonder about his family. Do they truly believe JS? Or was that show the other day just playing the "party line" to support him?

I read something I wrote about two years ago on an earlier thread about JS. I believe that if he had just decided his "plan" didn't play out, he should have just stayed quiet about it.

His open defiance and playing the ongoing "victim" card. The arrogance is what has ended him up in jail. I think if he had just pretended it never happened, it would have fizzled out.
I think if he had told the basic truth:

"I am so sorry. I was really frustrated by the homophobia and racism in our society, and so I did something stupid and impulsive, and I faked a hate crime, to bring attention to the problem.
I WAS WRONG, it was stupid and I apologise for my stupid decision. "

It would have been over and done and he would still have his career and his normal life. People would have moved on quickly.

But he cannot take any accountability and he just keeps doubling down, over and over....he is very much like Alec Baldwin it seems. :rolleyes:

I think if he had told the basic truth:

"I am so sorry. I was really frustrated by the homophobia and racism in our society, and so I did something stupid and impulsive, and I faked a hate crime, to bring attention to the problem.
I WAS WRONG, it was stupid and I apologise for my stupid decision. "

It would have been over and done and he would still have his career and his normal life. People would have moved on quickly.

But he cannot take any accountability and he just keeps doubling down, over and over....he is very much like Alec Baldwin it seems. :rolleyes:

Yep. This mess would have been gone. I think that what seemed to bother the judge the most was when JS testified under oath and continued the "narrative".

I think it was a party line to support him. I don’t want to believe that all of his family members are so delusional that they believe his story but I just don’t know. And yes, his arrogance and defiance is what landed him in jail. I think the backing by Rainbow Push Coalition encouraged him to dig in his heels. He sees himself as a martyr. All IMO.

I think it was a party line to support him. I don’t want to believe that all of his family members are so delusional that they believe his story but I just don’t know. And yes, his arrogance and defiance is what landed him in jail. I think the backing by Rainbow Push Coalition encouraged him to dig in his heels. He sees himself as a martyr. All IMO.
Jurnee Smollett Calls For Cook County To “#FreeJussie” – Deadline

His sister, Jurnee, wants her brother freed.

Smollett is in Protective Custody. They put those inmates in the Jail Psych Ward. He cannot have protective custody, and privacy at the same time.
The family( and others ) are crying out 'injustice' out of both sides of their mouth.

And, by the way....by JS choosing to live in Cook County, and perpetrating this crime in Cook County, it stands to reason he should serve time in Cook County.

Smollett is in Protective Custody. They put those inmates in the Jail Psych Ward. He cannot have protective custody, and privacy at the same time.
The family( and others ) are crying out 'injustice' out of both sides of their mouth.

And, by the way....by JS choosing to live in Cook County, and perpetrating this crime in Cook County, it stands to reason he should serve time in Cook County.

The psych ward is exactly where he belongs. He is not mentally healthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back