IL - Adam Toledo, 13, shot and killed by Chicago police officer, 29 Mar 2021

It was originally said he DID have a gun. It looks like he has something in his hand. You can clearly see something on the ground near him. Now I just don’t know.
A police officer has to make a split second decision about whether or not someone has a gun in his hand.

The officer wants to go home to his family at the end of his shift.

A police officer has to make a split second decision about whether or not someone has a gun in his hand.

Exactly! IF he hadn’t turned, and had just put his hands up it would be different. The officer doesn’t have the benefit of hindsight.

It’s early yet. I still need to ponder. Initial opinion: Adam didn’t have a gun.
I have seen other screen shots from the split seconds before the screen shot showing his arms coming up. Those screen shots clearly show a gun in his hand.
This horrific incident took place very quickly, in the dark. I sincerely doubt the officer knew AT’s age. I believe it was a justified shooting. One shot, followed almost immediately by a call for medical assistance , before the officer began rendering aid.

IMO, the MSM seems intent on furthering a specific narrative by selectively choosing what to depict to the public.

I have seen other screen shots from the split seconds before the screen shot showing his arms coming up. Those screen shots clearly show a gun in his hand.
This horrific incident took place very quickly, in the dark. I sincerely doubt the officer knew AT’s age. I believe it was a justified shooting. One shot, followed almost immediately by a call for medical assistance , before the officer began rendering aid.

IMO, the MSM seems intent on furthering a specific narrative by selectively choosing what to depict to the public.
Do you have a link to those screen shots?

I have to listen again but... wasn't the last thing he said to Toledo was "Drop It!" The officer believed Toledo had a gun. I guess the officer could have shouted "Shoot Me!"... and I wonder if Toledo would have finally complied with that directive. IMO

Apparently what's trending on Twitter decides what happened so before anyone gets a chance to decide for themselves this is what will be believed:
Video of Adam Toledo shows 13-year-old with his hands empty and raised before police shot him
Trending with Adam Toledo, Lori Lightfoot
Yes.... but remember.. this tragedy unfolded in the dark in a very rapid sequence of events. And in the split second before he turned with his hands coming up, he had the gun in his hands.
From what I’ve gleaned done far, this does not seem like an unjustified shooting.

Yes.... but remember.. this tragedy unfolded in the dark in a very rapid sequence of events. And in the split second before he turned with his hands coming up, he had the gun in his hands.
From what I’ve gleaned done far, this does not seem like an unjustified shooting.
I agree but unfortunately the MSM is creating their own narrative evidenced by what is trending on Twitter.

Yeah and Adam should have been able to go home too.. Speaking as someone who had a cop say to me I am a cop I can do what i want and get away with it...SMFH

I agree but unfortunately the MSM is creating their own narrative evidenced by what is trending on Twitter.
MSM are also providing facts.
Prosecutors initially said that the boy turned toward the officer and had a gun in his right hand. Immediately before the video was released, however, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office told WGN9 that that detail was inaccurate and that the attorney who provided the information “failed to fully inform himself before speaking in court.”

Chicago Police Video Shows Fatal Shooting Of Adam Toledo

Being on the street late as a 13 year old is no justification for his killing.
Victim friendly.
The child is dead.
There are no 'two sides' here.
Yes, that cop, Eric Stillman, did everything in his power to bring him back, he showed endurance under godawful shock and he tried, he tried harder than any cop I ever saw try to administer great cpr, he knew how to do t and he put his heart into it and his heart was clearly broken.
I feel so sorry for him.
But he is not the victim here.

Young Adam is.
Adam is dead.
A prosecutor misrepresented the facts.
That's pretty serious.
ETA- corrected cop's name

I have to listen again but... wasn't the last thing he said to Toledo was "Drop It!" The officer believed Toledo had a gun. I guess the officer could have shouted "Shoot Me!"... and I wonder if Toledo would have finally complied with that directive. IMO
Didn't the 7th grader 13 year old follow the directive my dropping the gun and putting his hands in the air before he was murdered by the cop?

Didn't the 7th grader 13 year old follow the directive my dropping the gun and putting his hands in the air before he was murdered by the cop?

Here’s the problem as I see it, Adam had a gun when he was running from the officer. There’s a good chance the officer saw the gun in his right hand. Adam tossed the gun on the other side of the fence when his right arm/ hand was out of the officers view. When Adam was turning towards the officer he DID NOT have his hands in the air.
Here are 3 cropped screen shots.....they show Adam’s left hand near his mouth as he turns. His right arm/ hand is not visible. The last image shows the gun in his right hand.
I don’t think the officer saw him toss the gun on the other side of the fence.
When he turned without his hands truly up the officer shouldn’t be expected to wait and see if the gun is in his right hand. We can’t expect the officer to wait for the kid to fire a shot before he takes action.
There is no doubt this case is awful but I can’t lay the blame on the officer.

Attachments

• 8313A9CF-1716-49DC-AB71-9486EA30344A.jpeg
    8313A9CF-1716-49DC-AB71-9486EA30344A.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 58
  • BA64AC57-784E-4B3F-81BC-739C9694428C.jpeg
    BA64AC57-784E-4B3F-81BC-739C9694428C.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 168F752E-EB2A-4BCC-A0FC-4AF17F2980F3.jpeg
    168F752E-EB2A-4BCC-A0FC-4AF17F2980F3.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Online statistics