GUILTY IL - Alexis Stubbs, 12, pleaded for life as she was stabbed, Chicago, 11 June 2017

He must be a sociopath? How could he stab her while looking her in the face as she calls him daddy and begs him not to? It's just so sick. This is going to stay with me..RIP, Alexis, you won't be forgotten.

Really sick and evil crime! :furious: :puke:

Here is the largest study of filicide to date, I posted it on the Aramadz Andressian case.
The rate of children murdered by a stepdad is going up with more blended families.
Domestic violence, jealousy and retribution, are typical of the profile, stabbing and beating as a means stepfathers use to murder? Check.

However, you don't need profiling science to know that guy was a huge risk to that child.

http://www.violenceresearch.ca/sites/default/files/DAWSON (2015) CANADIAN TRENDS IN FILICIDE_1.pdf

"

Injustice collectors. Injustice collectors are not just rampage killers or terrorists.

I had to force myself to read the article describing what happened to sweet Alexis. No matter how many times I follow these cases, I break with every one. This is especially atrocious.

Did mom really "allow" him to stay, or did he force his way in and said OK, for only a few days. I have a feeling he came back there to continue his murderous assault on her, and thus was the most heinous act he could do to hurt her (mom).

And it is all on audio and surveillance. :tears:

This is so sad but it also makes me angry at the mother. Why did she let him stay there? As others have said she put her needs (which included him) first and her daughter's second. Actually she probably didn't count her daughter's needs at all.

This is so sad but it also makes me angry at the mother. Why did she let him stay there? As others have said she put her needs (which included him) first and her daughter's second. Actually she probably didn't count her daughter's needs at all.

It sounds like she didn't have a choice. Look what happened when she told him to leave.

I am in the fence about the mother. All bold below is done by me.

From http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/daddy-please-dont-alexis-stubbs-begged-stepfather-for-her-life/

Mom and Alexis drive to store for cigarettes
When the pair returned to the building, they pulled up in front and Alexis’ mother sent the girl to deliver cigarettes to a neighbor. Surveillance cameras show the girl was greeted at the building entrance by Singleton, who pushed her into the entryway and pulled a hammer out of his pocket, Lisuzzo said. Singleton raised the hammer as the 12-year-old “cowered on the floor” of the vestibule, Lisuzzo said.

Singleton grabbed Alexis by the hair and shoved her up the stairs to the apartment. When they reached the apartment, Alexis’ mother could see her daughter and Singleton in the window. She called 911, as Singleton began calling her, with sounds of Alexis begging for her life in the background.

Did mom send Alexis to the neighbor's thinking she was keeping her away from a volatile situation?
- - -
This article describes a lack of staffing with the local police department. It does not say anything about having gone to the store or sending Alexis to the neighbor's. It does say the mother stepped outside to wait for police to arrive, but no mention of where Alexis was at that moment. I am questioning if the original articles we have read were totally accurate. This info apparently came from the dispatch records (or at least the parts about the 911 calls)

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2017/06/the-murder-of-alexis-stubbs-two-cops.html

Two Chicago cops, short-handed and with calls for service stacking up, arrived at the scene of a 12-year-old girl’s murder within ten minutes of the first call for help, city records and dispatch archives show.

But the local police district was operating on a shoestring that night—six units sat idle due to lack of manpower—and now Chicago's left to wonder "what if."

The mother, Misty Stubbs, called 911 at 9:46 p.m. on June 11 to ask for police assistance in getting Singleton out of her apartment,....

The mother, Misty Stubbs, called 911 at 9:46 p.m. on June 11 to ask for police assistance in getting Singleton out of her apartment, according to dispatch records provided by Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

But the call was not dispatched to officers because the 19th District was in Radio Assignment Pending (RAP) status, which means that there were not enough police units to handle incoming calls for service.

Three minutes after her first call for help, Misty called 911 again, records show. Singleton had armed himself with a knife, she said

Noting that the situation was escalating, a dispatcher read the call out on the air in case there were resources available. But no one took the call, and it sat unassigned for nearly two more minutes.

Finally, at 9:52 p.m. a two-cop unit was able to respond. Within three minutes, one of the two officers broke onto the radio, breathless, calling for EMS and giving out a description of Singleton, who had just fled through the back door with a hammer.

and from https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170623/uptown/alexis-stubbs-funeral-12-year-old-uptown

Alexis and her mother lived in public housing in Uptown, where Singleton was only allowed to visit for a week, Assistant State's Attorney Guy Lisuzzo said during a bond hearing. The deadly argument stemmed from the housing situation and cigarettes, prosecutors said

Who set the one week limit? courts or the mother ?

Services held for Alexis

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170623/uptown/alexis-stubbs-funeral-12-year-old-uptown

"If you said 'what do you want do when you grow up?' she said 'I’m gonna be on TV.' ... She meant that. That was her goal. That was her dream. She definitely wanted to be a star," said her cousin .
"She knew she was going to be on TV, and I told her I was going to help her get there. She really believed she was going to be a celebrity,"

Alexis and her mother lived in public housing in Uptown, where Singleton was only allowed to visit for a week, Assistant State's Attorney Guy Lisuzzo said during a bond hearing. The deadly argument stemmed from the housing situation and cigarettes, prosecutors said.

Around Uptown, neighbors recognized her for her having her "own unique little style." She was "a neighborhood kid" still mourning the death of her friend, 13-year-old Tianna Hollinside, who drowned at Rogers Beach in May.

"Lexie was sunshine,"...

With a short video:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/services-held-for-alexis-stubbs-a-girl-who-dreamed-of-fame/

The girl in the casket wore a crown of pink roses Friday.

"She loved purses. She loved being pretty. She was definitely a girly girl," (said by a cousin).

WARNING: This is going to be difficult to read. I have left out the most gruesome parts, but it is still quite upsetting. it was horrible to type out here. :tears:

I found a video of the State Attorney General describing the case. these are the best details we have had. Apparently the mother and daughter did go to the store for cigarettes. When on the phone mother told suspect to leave. he left the apartment, heading toward front entrance.

Alexis was in the hallway/vestibule area, then she went to the car and where the mother was parked. The defendant grabbed Alexis and pushed her toward the vestibule, grabbed her by hair, and forced her to ground a9captured on surveillance). Too gruesome for me to type all of this (see the video for more details). defendant then pushed her into the apartment. Mother began calling 911, fearing he would hurt the girl. Defendant continued calling the mother in one call the mother heard victim screaming. one call went to voicemail while mother was calling 911 --- that is the call where Alexis is calling out "Please Daddy, don't".

officers arrived as defendant was leaving the apartment, running down the hallway and away, carrying bloody hammer and knife. Officers were not able to capture him.

Victim crawled out of the apartment where she was met by her mother, mother held her, then got towels from apartment, returned, wiped her daughter's face and put pressure in the wounds. Mother called 911 again. (All of this is on surveillance) .

Victim stabbed over 11 times.

[video=youtu;w6Uo_SSKN9Q]http://youtu.be/w6Uo_SSKN9Q[/video]
Published on Jun 13, 2017Assistant States Attorney​ Guy Lisuzzo presents the case against John Singleton, who is accused in the death of 12-year-old Alexis Stubbs.

http://www.fugitive.com/2017/06/14/...ngleton-not-to-kill-her-before-shes-murdered/
Prosecutors said Singleton killed Stubbs in a rage after her mother told him he had to vacate her North Side apartment. He’d been staying there since being released from a halfway house a few days earlier on parole after spending three years in custody for attempting to strangle her back in 2014. Singleton had moved back in but the woman didn’t want him there because her lease prohibited [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]felons[/COLOR], prosecutors said

Following his arrest, Singleton attacked one of the detectives who had been questioning him and is now charged with aggravated battery of a police officer in addition to kidnapping and murder.

domestic abuse situations are never fun. it takes a LOT of thought, time, some money, available help (many domestic abuse shelters are full), courage and strength to leave an abuser. it is never easy. prayers for anyone in that situation. please leave before it is too late.

domestic abuse situations are never fun. it takes a LOT of thought, time, some money, available help (many domestic abuse shelters are full), courage and strength to leave an abuser. it is never easy. prayers for anyone in that situation. please leave before it is too late.
This situation was particularly challenging, though, because Alexis's mother was the one renting the apartment (apparently, she was working and paying for it herself). Singleton, it seemed, assumed he was still welcome at the apartment and moved in over the mother's objections. That's my understanding. He became angry when the mother let him know he wasn't welcome there and his presence violated the lease. Should the mother and Alexis have moved out and gone to a shelter? It may have been difficult finding an opening at a shelter and if Singleton wasn't working, it wouldn't be easy to sneak out with their belongings. Just some thoughts. I really, really wish there had been a way to prevent this. Even if they moved after Singleton went to prison, it's really hard to hide with the personal information that's easily accessible on the Internet. MOO

I read a post, ( in the Jury room IIRC), the topic was something like, " What cased do you gravitate toward, and which one's do you avoid and why". A couple people mentioned that they avoid the "Crimes Against Children" cases because the agony of empathizing was just to traumatic to bear, and I fear I have reached the end of my personal endurance also, with this case.

I have not slept, in the last two nights. I lie awake, this case intrudes... I have a 12 yr old Daughter. Almost unbidden, in the darkness of my room, thoughts flash, of her crawling towards me, mortally wounded, and using her last bit of life force to reach me. I felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety, I could not catch my breath, I was engulfed in the most excruciating agony imaginable. I have to get up, to dispel the unspeakable horror... I will need a break, I think, from further info on this, and cases like it, for it is truly more than I can handle I see.

I am sorry that my first comment was so harsh toward Alexis's Mom. I feel ashamed now. Regardless of any choice, or mistake, of any kind, she may have made, I can not hold anything but compassion now, for she was dealt a punishment that is beyond even a Life Sentence". She will see & hear, her child's last moments, ( likely intrusively), for the rest of her life. If I, so far removed, can not even deal with the thought of it, I don't know how this woman will survive, but I will pray for some healing...For her and all of us.

Safeguard, your post speaks of your compassionate nature and desire to provide safety for your own children, and to expect all children should be able to grow in safety and love. Most especially, when we have young ones the same ages as these cases, many of us tend to identify closely with the case. But when it takes over and starts to interrupt your own functioning, it can be beneficial to step back. Sometimes just a short break, sometimes avoiding cases that hurt this much. But you will know if/when you are ready to return. There will always be others who will take over the space we vacate, for however long that may be. it does not stop our thoughts or our cares and concerns, but protects our own sanity.

I really do hope our paths continue to cross here and there at WS. You have much to offer.

Take care of yourself and keep watching over your young girl. She needs a happy, healthy mama. :hug:

Thank you Spellbound, for your kind thoughts.

The fierce need to understand this world we live in, both the good and the truly evil, and improve it in anyway we can, is something that I find I share with the members here, in ways I can't find elsewhere. The subject matter we do discuss here is not for the faint of heart. Perhaps only professionals working in areas related to homicides, would even understand what compels us is not morbid fascination, but real aptitude for the work. We can help others. We have the compassion, skills, and desire to want to.

But these are dark and soulless area we look into. I have been following a few too many lately, I think, (Katie Rough, Bella Bond ect...), It's wise to learn to pace oneself to avoid too much trauma, I am learning...

There are fantastic members here, like nowhere else. I am sure we will meet up again, I just need to watch Charlotte's Web, ( the original, not the animated), a few times with my little, and practice some Aikido, (The Art of Peace), and I'll be right as rain again, and be along shortly...

Safeguard, I will be watching for you return. Charlotte's Web .... brings back memories with my own little ones so long ago. You're absolutely right that pacing oneself in the amount of depressing cases we try to take on is an important aspect. Unfortunately, they seem to come in waves and droves and it becomes hard to pull back on the ones we would like to be there for.

Katie's trial should be starting soon, Perhaps on Monday. I will be there via WS. And many, many others. Sometimes I need to just read and not post.... or read at the end of the day when all the stressful happenings are concluded and I do not feel quite as compelled to post and sidetrack my own path. We can't solve them all, but sending virtual support and concern is one small way we help.

Pull back, rest, relax, get your inner peace settled. You'll be back.

I know exactly what you mean. I have to take long breaks away, too.

I read a post, ( in the Jury room IIRC), the topic was something like, " What cased do you gravitate toward, and which one's do you avoid and why". A couple people mentioned that they avoid the "Crimes Against Children" cases because the agony of empathizing was just to traumatic to bear, and I fear I have reached the end of my personal endurance also, with this case.

I have not slept, in the last two nights. I lie awake, this case intrudes... I have a 12 yr old Daughter. Almost unbidden, in the darkness of my room, thoughts flash, of her crawling towards me, mortally wounded, and using her last bit of life force to reach me. I felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety, I could not catch my breath, I was engulfed in the most excruciating agony imaginable. I have to get up, to dispel the unspeakable horror... I will need a break, I think, from further info on this, and cases like it, for it is truly more than I can handle I see.

I am sorry that my first comment was so harsh toward Alexis's Mom. I feel ashamed now. Regardless of any choice, or mistake, of any kind, she may have made, I can not hold anything but compassion now, for she was dealt a punishment that is beyond even a Life Sentence". She will see & hear, her child's last moments, ( likely intrusively), for the rest of her life. If I, so far removed, can not even deal with the thought of it, I don't know how this woman will survive, but I will pray for some healing...For her and all of us.

Crime victims and their families don't always have someone they can talk to when they go through this. I can't say I understand what they are going through, but I can say I am willing to listen...to all of it...if they want. I hope I've helped, sometimes.

I have had a growing hatred for those who do things like this. I used to think they had souls, as tortured as they are, somewhere in there. But, that is very rare. They like what they do very much.

Thank you Spellbound, for your kind thoughts.

The fierce need to understand this world we live in, both the good and the truly evil, and improve it in anyway we can, is something that I find I share with the members here, in ways I can't find elsewhere. The subject matter we do discuss here is not for the faint of heart. Perhaps only professionals working in areas related to homicides, would even understand what compels us is not morbid fascination, but real aptitude for the work. We can help others. We have the compassion, skills, and desire to want to.

But these are dark and soulless area we look into. I have been following a few too many lately, I think, (Katie Rough, Bella Bond ect...), It's wise to learn to pace oneself to avoid too much trauma, I am learning...

There are fantastic members here, like nowhere else. I am sure we will meet up again, I just need to watch Charlotte's Web, ( the original, not the animated), a few times with my little, and practice some Aikido, (The Art of Peace), and I'll be right as rain again, and be along shortly...

My daughter is dead because she was manipulated into calling a psychopath her dad. I went to family court to try to protect her when he first moved in. Family court disrespected me, berated me, and did nothing to protect my daughters. Family court actually changed my custody from 50/50 to zero because the alienating mother had manipulated my daughter into rejecting me and my family for no reason other than her own insecurity and fear of abandonment. I want to know if there was a dad somewhere in the background for this girl. I heard a man describe her as a good mom and how the mother and Alexis were 'like twins'. Well sometimes that isn't healthy. Psychologists call that adultification. Children get caught up in the mother's dysfunctional personality. Psychologists also call it cross-generational coalition. It's not healthy for a child. People think it's cute but it can be child abuse and can rob a child of their own personality and then they inherit the mental illness of the parent and the cycle continues.

I read that there was a CPS report filed for neglect some time prior to this. So WHO made that report?? I want to hear from THEM. We need to stand together and expose this evil. Step fathers need looked at, whether you're a 'good' step dad or not. Mandatory parenting classes before living with children. Custody laws need changed. Judges and Guardian ad Litems and CPS workers and probation officers need educated and held accountable. Step-parents need background checks and home studies before adoption.

My daughter's story and some changes I am starting to work on:

www.AnjelicaMarie.com

My daughter is dead because she was manipulated into calling a psychopath her dad. I went to family court to try to protect her when he first moved in. Family court disrespected me, berated me, and did nothing to protect my daughters. Family court actually changed my custody from 50/50 to zero because the alienating mother had manipulated my daughter into rejecting me and my family for no reason other than her own insecurity and fear of abandonment. I want to know if there was a dad somewhere in the background for this girl. I heard a man describe her as a good mom and how the mother and Alexis were 'like twins'. Well sometimes that isn't healthy. Psychologists call that adultification. Children get caught up in the mother's dysfunctional personality. Psychologists also call it cross-generational coalition. It's not healthy for a child. People think it's cute but it can be child abuse and can rob a child of their own personality and then they inherit the mental illness of the parent and the cycle continues.

I read that there was a CPS report filed for neglect some time prior to this. So WHO made that report?? I want to hear from THEM. We need to stand together and expose this evil. Step fathers need looked at, whether you're a 'good' step dad or not. Mandatory parenting classes before living with children. Custody laws need changed. Judges and Guardian ad Litems and CPS workers and probation officers need educated and held accountable. Step-parents need background checks and home studies before adoption.

My daughter's story and some changes I am starting to work on:

www.AnjelicaMarie.com

My sympathy to you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members